Status: Yeah

Keep Me Warm with Your Arms Wrapped Around Me Tight

Keep Me Warm with Your Arms Wrapped Around Me Tight

Title: Keep Me Warm with Your Arms Wrapped Tight
Summary: It wasn’t like Lee hated the cold, it’s just his teeth starts chattering and his bones start to ache. But Oli there to keep him warm.
* * *
To say that Lee would prefer to be touring during summer was completely true.

It wasn’t like Lee hated the cold winter season at all, he comes from a country where it’s basically cold weather all year round. Except now that he and his band had started touring and going to normal weather places, he wasn’t big on the idea of going home to cold weather, even though that’s where his family and friends were and Christmas as well.

Except this year, there touring plans hadn’t actually gone to plan, per say.

Instead of finishing the week before Christmas, they finished the Friday of Christmas week, which means they couldn’t go home for said holiday because they had a show on Christmas Eve, a break and finally a show on Boxing day before they were finally relinquish from touring, since it would be a waste to travel home and then back again, if they seriously wanted to go home, though it was all about if they were allowed, which they probably weren’t

So goodbye normal Christmas day and hello spending a few more nights in the Big Apple.

It wasn’t like they weren’t use to missing out on important holidays, like thanksgiving and such, but it was Christmas and there’s always something special about being with the ones you love on Christmas.

At the moment, Lee was starting the slow process of waking. The curtains opened, letting the light from there large wall window at the end of the room streaming through, warming his skin, even though there was a slight chill going through the massive studio room they rented every time they stayed in the big city.

At this end of the room, they had a large king sized bed, a small carpet below it so you weren’t placing your feet straight onto cold wooden floors, racks where they hung their clothes and a bedside table where a lamp sat. Then separating the bed area of the room, there were three long couches set up into an incomplete square where the missing couch was suppose to be there was instead a mounted 42” LCD TV, a shelf that held gaming consoles, games, DVD’s and a sound system. There was even a coffee table in the middle area of the couches.

Then off to the side, there was six seated table, next to that in the corner was a kitchen with everything you could possible want; island counter, two long benches and a short bench that filled in the space between the last bench, a tall food cupboard and a fridge. Above the benches there were even more cupboards and even below, though there was a dishwasher amongst them.

Off to the other side of the room, the one with the TV on, there was hallway that led to three spare bedrooms a toilet and a large bathroom.

Lee was blinking his eyes, rubbing at them not long after trying to get rid of the sleep that was still in them. Once he thought it was enough, he stretched his body long, pulling the kinks from the awkward ways he slept, groaning in relief when he heard those familiar clicks.

Hair splayed over his pillow and face, he used a hand to remove it completely from his eyes, finally pushing himself up, though regretting it once the cool air nipped at his uncovered skin.

Though he ignored that when he noticed his companion wasn’t there with him.

“Oli,” he called out, looking around the room and trying to find said man, except he wasn’t anywhere to be found.

“Lee,” he turned towards the familiar voice, looking towards the man he was looking for heading towards him, probably just finished a shower as he rubbed at his wet hair.

The shorter of the two smiled up at Oliver, actually really happy to see him. So when he was in reaching distance and sat down on the edge of the bed, Lee wrapped his arms around the man, laying his cheek against his back, loving the warmth seeping into his skin.

“You weren’t there when I woke up,” Lee mumbled, not wanting to sound clingy or anything, but he was just use to Oli always there when he woke up. It was strange when he wasn’t.

“Sorry babes, I thought I could get in a quick shower before you woke up,” Oli apologized, turning in Lee arms as they shifted back so they were lying in the centre of their bed.

“It’s alright. As long as you always come back,” Lee whispered, yawning because he was still tired, eyes fluttering as he fell back to sleep.

“Always and forever,” Oli whispered, the last thing he heard before he fell back to sleep again.

* * *

This time Lee wasn’t anywhere near his bed, he wasn’t anywhere near his and Oli’s shared studio apartment to be precise.

Oli somehow convinced the younger man into getting up out of bed after their two hour nap, pushing him into the shower, before wrapping him into warm clothes; long sleeved cotton shirt, a hoodie, a black jacket, jeans though he did have legging underneath and he wasn’t ashamed of admitting it, soft gloves, a grey beanie and finally a scarf that was nice and tight but loose around his neck.

Then without really telling him anything, he pulled him out of their apartment and started dragging him outside, into a cab still refusing to tell him where they were going, until they finally were pulling up at an entrance into central park.

One of the largest parks Lee has ever had to walk, it was when they had a day off and they wanted nothing more than to start exploring the new city they’ve never really got to see, considering they’ve been there more than six times.

Now, now it was a tradition for him and Oli, to walk through the park side by side, not really holding hands, but still close enough that their arms were touching, admiring the many people; singles, doubles, groups all doing their own things.

It was their first time going through the park without having to see green, green, green grass and trees and people picnicking around, but instead there was empty trees and white snow covered grass and there were less people around, so they could actually hold hands, more for Lee’s sake then Oli, since he was a human furnace.

Though it wasn’t like they couldn’t hold hands during any other season or time, because Oli wanted to have that smaller hand grasp in his own and touch skin every second of every day, it’s just people weren’t very accepting here in the Big Apple, they found that out the hard way. And if it meant that Oli could do anything, even give up a small pleasure of his own to never see that heartbroken look that they’re love wasn’t accepted in Lee’s wide eyes, he would, and he would move the sun and the earth to never see that look again if it helped.

So for now and for however long they could have, Oli would relish in feeling that small pleasure he’s always denied, while he also kept his small lover warm, because being away from their home for long periods of time has started making him intolerant to the cold, directing him to a special destination he had heard about from his other band members, when they decided to come through the park, whereas he and Lee had lounge around on the couch watching movies and munching on every junk food they could grab at when they were ‘shopping’.

“Oli, can you please tell me where we are going now?” too curious for his own good, Oli just smiled bright and digging a kiss hard into Lee’s cheek. The shorter boy just laugh out loud, bright and joyful, digging deep into his heart as he tried pushing himself out of Oli’s tight grip.

“Sorry babes. But we’ll be there soon, so you’re going to have to wait a little bit longer, okay,” Oli assured, bringing Lee back to his side as he took him down a off path, away from the main one so there were barely, actually any people there, so it was isolated from everyone else.

To Lee it was breath-taking, to hear nothing but silence, the slightest whistle of wind breezing through the only thing cutting it.

“Thanks Oli,” Lee breathed, and not one of those five minute breathers, where you’re fine for five minutes, free for five minutes, this time he felt completely free and it was bloody amazing.

“For what babes?” Oli enquired, confused as he looked down at Lee.

“For everything. For letting me being in the band, for believing in me, for loving me, for saving me,” turning his head away, as he pushed the bottom of his palm into eye to hopefully push the tears back, slightly ashamed for getting so emotional.

Except Oli didn’t let him hide, instead he used one of his hands to turn his head back towards him, so he was leaning against his shoulder, looking up at the taller boy, eyes wide with surprise but twinkling with his tears as they caught themselves in his eyelashes.

“Never hide away from me Lee,” he whispered, moving closer, so he could place his lips against the shorter boy, who had stretch his neck a little longer so he could apply more pressure, needing to feel that those lips were really on his. His hand gripping onto Oli’s jacket collar, needing something to hold him up as his knees began to shake, like they did every time they kissed.

“And never have be ashamed of telling me how you feel Lee, because without you, this would have never been possible, I actually wouldn’t have imagined making it this far. I actually wouldn’t see myself doing what I’m doing. You say I save you, well never forget that you saved me, keep saving me,” because Lee needed to know how he feels for Oli, is exactly how he feels for Lee. If he has to, he’ll shout it to the world on the tallest building and then he’ll scale down and tell everyone.

Don’t matter who it is, he’ll tell them and keep going until Lee finally realizes that without him, Oli wouldn’t be here.

“Thanks Oli,” Lee mumbles, hiding behind his scarf that has been set right and now hides most of his face again, but Oli can see the tint of red over the top, he’s definitely sure it wasn’t caused by the cold.

“No thank you,” Oli responded back, smiling gently and placing a kiss on that very blush he adored so much.

* * *

“What are you doing Oli?” Lee exclaimed, Oli stopping them on the path they had been walking for the past twenty minutes or so, the man leaving his side too quickly for him to ask any question on why, before everything white turns black as Oli lays his hands over the top of his eyes.

“It’s a surprise,” is all Oli says and Lee knows that all he’s going to get, so there was really no need to ask any further.

It probably takes ten more steps, another two minutes before Oli is turning him, starring him in one direction before they are stopping.

“I hope you like this Lee,” Oli murmured against his ear and finally lifting his hands away from his eyes, the sun bright against them even though they were blocked away for only minutes, he blinked trying to get rid of the haze and a rub just for luck.

When he could finally see properly, his eyes that were once haze now were wide with shock, a gasp opening his mouth wide that he had to block with his mouth, wondering if this could be real.

Standing in front of a pond that was once free flowing of water now solid over with ice, a tall Christmas tree in the middle, its legs inside a pallet that had a wide enough opening so it wouldn’t tip out, frozen within in the water for extra support, rising tall and wide, decorate from top to bottom with blue and silver decorations.

Tinsels, obviously lights, dark blue, light blue baubles and some that had small designs on them and everything else you could possibly think of, while at the very tip was a golden star. All of it dusted with snowflakes making it glitter and glow when the light was shinning from the perfect position.

Everything about it was perfect, and a bonus was the fact that it was empty; nobody insight and that just made it even better, because it wasn’t over crowded or its natural beauty wasn’t abused when there is always too many people.

It was like it was meant for the few and he felt special to be one of those people.

“So do you want a try?” Oli ask, a little shyly as he held up two sets of ice-skates, for where he got them from Lee would have no idea. But all he could do was smile as he walked towards the boy that he hadn’t noticed move away from him, too immersed in the scenery and took a set of skates.

Placing them on, conveniently there was a single bench just sitting off to the left of the pond’s entrance, which saved them from having to sit on the cold snow. Holding each other’s hands when they finally placed them on because Lee wasn’t really steady on ice-skates, unlike his boyfriend who was basically perfect at everything. He told him so.

“It’s because my mum tried to get me into ice-skating when I was younger, hoping it would broaden or change preferably, my dream of becoming a rock star,” he explained, a little sheepish because this wasn’t something he was ashamed of but at the same time he was, because it wasn’t like ice-skating was manly or anything.

“Well I’m happy you stuck to becoming a rock star. Though I’m sure you would have been a champion if you had decided to become a ice-skater,” he reassured, kissing his boyfriend on the cheek that all Oli did was smile at.

“Thanks Lee,” smile still in place as he helped steady his boyfriend when they finally got onto the pond.

* * *
It had taken a little while for Lee to finally find his balance, and maybe a fall or two maybe three or okay, five, but it’s because ice-skating definitely wasn’t his thing, but he didn’t want to leave either. Oli look to be having the time of his life, loving the closeness that he had to share with Lee so he could help him.

He even liked the part where Lee accidentally pulled Oli down with him and Oli had landed on top of him, their faces mere inches that they were sharing the same puff of white mist as they stared deep into each other’s eyes.

But finally, Lee did get a hang of it, so at least Oli didn’t need to be there holding his hands and instead watched Oli do his thing, mesmerized with this side of Oli he probably have seen if it wasn’t for this delay of theirs.

Spinning in fast circles, moving, no gliding along the ice gracefully and without any effort as he spun so he was going backwards, letting the wind push at his hair, dancing around Lee, before grabbing onto his hands and spinning them in circles, though not letting go until Lee was safe enough to be let go before he was off.

They stayed there all afternoon, Lee getting confidence in his skating that he could move along the ice, though still a little wobbly but Oli only thought it was cute.

The sun was setting and they were puffing, exhausted, muscles hurting, hungry, tired but they pushed those aside because this was too much fun and something relaxing at the same time. To finally let go, without any worries of expectations, of deadlines, of obligations to uphold, this was their time and they will relish in it until the last moment they finally couldn’t spare.

It wasn’t until the lights on the tree started flickering on did they finally stop; hands clasp together, body only inches away and breathes once again mingling with the other.

“So, did you enjoy my surprise?” Oli ask, a little breathless, but energy still coursed under his skin, just wanting, needing to get out.

“Every minute of it,” and Lee couldn’t help it as he pushed himself up enough so he was placing his lips against Oli’s, breathes still heavy as their chest heaved, but they didn’t stop once. Oli even bringing the shorter boy closer and Lee just holding onto the back of Oli jacket like it was a life line.

And they kissed, as night replaced day and florescent lights going off all over that it brought a glow to the wondrous city.
♠ ♠ ♠
So yeah.