Status: abandoned, sry

Fresh Start Fever

I’m conjuring ghosts on a forty hour ride home

I rolled down my window half way, looking up to his face that was only visible from the moonlight. "What do you want, Jack?"

"I want you to tell me what's wrong, Alex," he pleaded. "Can you just get out of the car and come talk to me?"

"How can you not even know why I'm mad at you?" I said acidly.

"I obviously know it's about All Time Low, but why are you mad? Tell me exactly why you're mad."

I started to shout, my hands trembling from pure anger. "Do you not fucking remember when we got our first record deal and you told me 'I want to make music forever'? Because I do! We were supposed to be in a band forever and make music, Jack! But I'm just the asshole that's trying to hold onto something that's already gone. You three all have your lives, and I can't even find a job. I barely make rent every month, but you have a beautiful condo! I'm so proud for you!" My words fell from my mouth like fire, and Jack's expression started to sadden.

It was quiet for a few moments before he started to speak. "I'm sorry, Alex. If you need a job, I can find you one."

"I don't need your help," I hissed. "Please go get Maddie and tell her that I'm leaving."

Jack disappeared back into his house and Maddie came out after a few minutes. As she got into the car, she instantly started to yell at me at how I embarrassed her. I didn't respond as I drove home, and once we got back to our apartment building she went to our room and shut the door. I spent the night on the couch with a bottle of Jim Bean and a marathon of Law and Order: SVU.

-----

I woke up the next morning to the sound of Maddie singing in the kitchen as she cleaned. A smile wiped across my face as I sat up, wiping my eyes. I walked into the kitchen as Maddie cleaned the dishes; her headphones in so she didn't hear me come in. I stepped behind her my arms wrapping around her waist as I pulled out one of her earbuds out with my mouth.

"You sound beautiful," I whispered as I planted a small kiss on her neck. "Continue singing, my love."

"I was singing one of your songs," she whispered back, turning off the sink before she turned around to look at me. "Why don't you ever sing to me?"

I looked down into her emerald eyes as I shrugged. "I haven't sang in months, besides singing to Ruby."

Her soft hand rested on my cheek as her lips met mine for a brief second. Soft kisses turned into playful love bites, and an hour later we laid in bed, a mess of sweat and sheets. She cuddled up close to me, her naked body feeling like heaven next to mine.

"God, baby..." she whispered into my ear, one of her hands on my chest. I tried to regain my breath as I kissed her forehead.

"We haven't done that since the week we brought Ruby home," I laughed. "Remind me that we have to do this more often."

She sat up from the bed, picking up my shirt from the floor and slid it on. "My mom is dropping Ruby off soon," she said as she picked up a pair of sweatpants and put them on.

"Hey darling, can I tell you something?" I asked as I sat up in the bed. When she nodded, I told her that Jack said he could help me find a job.

"What did you say?" she said excitedly.

"I said I didn't need the help, but I feel like I should at least try to see what kind of job it is."

"Oh baby, please go find out what kind of job it is!" she clapped her hands together. "You know what we promised if you found yourself a stable job!" she said, her face lighting up.

I stood up from the bed, putting on my boxers and then walking over to her, kissing her gently. "I know, we can finally start planning the wedding. I promise you it will be everything you want, no matter the cost, okay? You're an absolute princess, you deserve whatever you want."

"I love you so much, Alex. Please please please, call Jack today, okay?"

I nodded and we walked out to the living room and waited for her mother to drop off Ruby. Her parents weren't very fond of me since they're the kind of parents that expect children after marriage, and when Maddie told them that she was pregnant, her father actually did threaten to kill me. Since the engagement, they don't hate me, but they still have some resentment towards me. My parents absolutely love Maddie, though, and I'm sure that they love Ruby more than me.

Maddie's mother dropped Ruby off, and the three of us spent the day watching movies and playing with some of the toys that Ruby got for Christmas. It wasn't the best Christmas since we didn't have extra money; we only got a three foot tree and hand me down decorations from our parents. But of course, our parents showered Ruby with toys and my parents agreed to buy us a new car, because our small Toyota Camry is starting to shit the bed.

While Maddie made dinner, I decided to call Jack. I apologized for being rude last night, and we agreed to meet at a coffee shop in Baltimore the next day to talk.
♠ ♠ ♠
so i didnt know if people wanted actual smut or not because i can write that if any of you want it but i wanted to keep it a little brief for now because i dont want to scare people away!! but there will be actual smut probably more into the story so yay thank you for reading!!

also sorry that its a small chapter but it's kind of a filler so

but thank you sosososoososos much for reading.

comment, recommend, and subscribe!! xoxoxo