Status: When I set certain days to update I lose my drive to write, so updates will be haphazard.

Dear Destiny, You Suck

Chapter One

"Olive." Iris called. "Olive!" She yelled again.

"What?" I groaned as she interrupted my thoughts.

"You're staring at Robyn again."

"Well maybe that because he is easy on the eyes and has a great personality." I snapped.

"Well maybe he noticed and I was trying to stop you from being creepy." She repeated in the same tone, and raised a delicate eyebrow at me.

"We're friends, he already knows I'm creepy." I scoffed.

"Touche." She retorted. "So how has operation 'make my crush like me as more than a friend' going?" She asked.

"Oh fabulous." I said sarcastically. "I've doodle pictures of his face in my sketched pad and prayed to the sketch pad gods that he would fall in love with me. Then I over analyzed his the friendly hug he gave me after band the other day oh and, have began an experiment."

"Oh, what is it?" She asked eagerly.

"Well, I don't go on facebook often."

"Obviously." She snorted.

"But," I said and ignored her snide comment. "Whenever I change my profile picture he likes it... Or at least every time I've changed it since we became close friends. So, I'm changing more frequently and so far he has liked them all."

"He obviously wants the v." She smirked and wiggled her blonde eyebrows.

"Oh shut up Iris." I smacked her playfully on the arm.

"Girls, is there something you'd like to say to the class back there?" Mr. Baker asked us.

"Yes." I answered, surprising him. "I know the equation for that graph you have up there is x 3 because the graph is moved up three. And I know that is the answer you were looking forever. However, I don't know why no one has answered because this class is calculus and we learned translations in algebra many moons ago." He stood there with his mouth hanging open for a second then returned to the board and began explaining how I was right and what a translation was.

"How do you do that?" Iris gaped.

"I've always been able to listen to two things at once." I shrugged.

"Yeah, I know but I still don't know how?" Then she gasped. "Wait, you mean you could hear me calling your name repeatedly and chose to ignore me?"

"No, I don't hear it. I just always know what you've said. And I was obviously too focused on how gorgeous Robyn's hair was today, to possibly listen to you babble about how amazing the transfer is."

"But he's adorable!" She exclaimed. "I don't see how you'd prefer Robyn to Carter but hey it's your life."

"Carter isn't even new anymore. He's been here for like a month." I rolled my eyes.

"And he's still perfect." She said, sounding slightly offended.

"Well Carter is perfect to you and Robyn is perfect to me. Now that we agree, what did you get for the last problem on the chem homework?" I asked.

"I didn't." She shrugged and flipped her blonde mid-back length hair over her shoulder. "You know he won't collect that until the test."

"Well Robyn and I were snapchatting and helping each other with the chem. It's not like I'd turn that down." I heard a light buzz from my backpack. I grabbed my phone and saw that there was a message from Robyn.

"Speak of the devil." Iris said and rolled her eyes. "Is he confessing his love yet?"

"Ha." I laughed without humor. "I wish, he just said way to stick it to Mr. Baker with a little thumbs up thing."

"It's obviously love."

"You obviously are a slut." I winked at her. This is how our friendship is, people who don't really know my group of friends and I think we hate each other. But our sarcasm is how we show affection... Along with cute pet names such as slut and whore. We really do like each other though, I generally can't stop smiling when I'm with them.

"Well, at least the whole school hasn't seen my nudes." She quoted her favorite movie, I think it's mean girls. But I'm not quite sure, I've never seen it. And every time I tell her that she says I have to go to her house and watch it with her. Which is supposed to happen at this movie night thing tonight.

"At least I'm not a lesbian." I held up my hand in that cliche 'talk to the hand' signal, and laughed.

"Have I told you I love you yet?" She said, laughing. "Because I do and you're pretty much the greatest friend I've ever had."

"Ouch, no need to be so insulting." I smiled at her, and the bell rang. I stood up and gathered my stuff, lingering behind the rest of the class waiting for Iris to put all her folders and junk in her bag. Robyn waltzed over to us.

"Who feels like McDonalds?" He held up his keys.

"You should probably invite Nina. We did leave her and Hannah all alone in the hell the call the cafeteria last time. And she was angry at you." Robyn and Nina have been best friends since God knows when. They were born to be best friends and (lucky for me) nothing more.

"Oh, screw Nina, she takes forever and I hate waiting that long in line." He started walking towards the student parking lot and I began to follow. Iris, however, stayed behind.

"Hey, you coming?" I called back to her.

"No, you whores never told me to bring any money and besides I have homework I need to do during lunch." She scoffed and started walking in the opposite direction, towards our locker bay.

"And then there were two." I said in my deepest narrator voice. He laughed.

"You know, even when you try to lower your voice you still sound like a chipmunk on helium."

"Hey," I slapped him lightly on the shoulder. And I mean lightly like flirty lightly. It didn't cause any damage. "My voice is not that high, it's dog whistle level at the highest."

"Hey, my voice isn't that high." He tried to copy me.

To which I responded with the usual: "I do not sound like that!" as my voice jumps several octaves. To which he chuckles. Then I climbed into his car, I hadn't realized we'd walked so far already.

"I've never been in your car before." I mused. "And it does smell as magical as Iris said."

He laughed. "Magical?"

"Well when she rode in your car to the basketball game she said your car smelled good and was very spacious. But she couldn't explain what your car smells like so the scent was deemed 'magical'. And now I understand." He laughed again then put in the Panic! at the Disco/Twenty One Pilots/Fall Out Boy CD I made for him for his birthday a couple months ago. And we preceded to jamming out all the way around the corner to McDonalds. Neither of us sang because we're band kids, our 'singing' causes ears to bleed.

Once we placed our order and pulled up to pay the cashier smiled at Robyn and took the money. Then all the sudden her head snapped to me and she gave me a rotten look. Then instead of handing Robyn his change she threw it at him and slammed the window shut.

"R-O-O-D rude." I said.

"Yeah that was weird." He looked back at the girl, as if he didn't trust her.

"She, must just be bitter that I get to sit in your magically smelling car, and she's stuck taking teenage miscreants orders at a fast food restaurant." I joked.

"Yeah, that's it." But he had lost his natural happiness. He is usually so giddy and energetic, but now he was checking the mirror every few seconds, like that girl was going jump out at us or something. I ignored his sudden mood change as soon as he handed me the bag of food. Who cares what happens, as long as I have food.

I threw the McChickens he always gets at him, not caring that he was trying to drive, and then proceeded to dig into my food. I was halfway done scarfing down my McNuggets when he slammed on his brakes. I threw my hands up to protect myself from hitting the dashboard and watched as my nugs slid off my lap onto the floor.

I looked up to see what had caused him to stop and it was that cashier. "What the hell?" I muttered. A blinding light sprouted from her back and she pointed a strange, yet oddly beautiful gold scepter in my direction then screamed:

"Die foul demon!" As if on cue Robyn put the petal to the metal and swerved around the psychopath, just as a beam of light erupted from the end of her scepter and burned the pavement where the car had previously been sitting.

"What the hell?" I roared slightly louder than the first time and peered out the back window. Only to see scorched pavement and imagine that no crazy cashier. She had vanished just as fast as she had appeared.

"I need to take you back to your mother." He muttered, hands gripping the steering wheel so tightly his knuckles turned white, as he ran the red light, where we would normally turn right to get to the school.

"What? Why?" I gasped. "Don't you remember that my mom is mentally unstable? She'll mumble something about everything happening for a reason and put me under house arrest for weeks. Just take me back to the school."

"No, I can't. You'll be safer at home, and you won't die." Awe that's cute, he doesn't want to see my lifeless corpse. He definitely loves me, as Iris would say.

"Okay, I would just like to tell you that your logic is flawed. I have reason to believe that they would not let a lazer wielding psychopath into a school building full of children. They barely let my mom within 100 feet of the place!"

"Yeah, I guess that's true." He muttered.

"Besides we have the rest of our classes together and you can play guardian or prevent my death or whatever super easily."

"Yeah I guess. I'll take you back to the school." He turned around and we headed back.

"Cool beans, I'll get to play that solo!" He gave me a funny look. "What? That piece is super hard and we never get to the solo within the class period. But we're starting there today and I worked really hard on the solo and want to play it! I took my flute home and everything!"

"Wow," He feigned astonishment. "You really went all out! You never practice."

"I know that's why I have to be at school today!" He laughed at me, and I saw his normal happy demeanor returning to him. I sighed in relief.

"You're taking this really well." He pointed out.

"Yeah, I mean that is one strange occurrence, and people don't usually try to kill me for no reason but I'm still alive and as witty as ever so all is well.... Or, as the great philosophers of our and would say: yolo and whatnot."

He laughed and echoed me. "Yolo and whatnot." Then we made our way back to the school as if nothing had happened and continued on with our day. Without a single sign of the crazy cashier.
♠ ♠ ♠
Chapter one! I hope it is enjoyed :)