Status: When I set certain days to update I lose my drive to write, so updates will be haphazard.

Dear Destiny, You Suck

Chapter Two

Band was nerve wracking. I seemed to have forgot the the solo was 15 measures (which is a long time) and is only a flute, except that one part where the percussion bang on some drums to help me sound 'mysterious'. So, naturally when I refused to volunteer because I was too nervous, my 'friends' volunteered me. I sighed and tried to ignore the fact that I was basically seizing and wouldn't be able to play the solo properly.

"Well, we have a soloist today, class." H said, we haven't ever had a soloist for this part, and naturally when he handed this satanic song out all of us started crying because the solo looked so difficult, and showed everyone in the band.

Naturally everyone erupted in applause. Which didn't help my trembling. I still wasn't sure my shaking fingers would obey me, but I tried to play it off best I could.

"You probably shouldn't clap just yet." I said. Many people laughed, even our band director, H did.

"Maybe they should clap now because then, it doesn't matter if you fail or not." I nodded, signaling he did have a point and away I went. It was terrifying there was no conducted beat, nothing to tell me when to play, he just pointed at me and I began playing the section of music I had practiced an unholy amount.

After I finished he paused, and the whole room clapped. I still don't know why I messed up terribly on my favorite part. After that band was a blur. It was my last hour of the day and then we would all head out to Iris's house for her movie night. When the play rang I put my instrument away and everyone passed by me telling me how great I did, and that I sounded amazing. One person said I sounded just like the recording they listened to, which is good I suppose... Because that is what I was going for.

Robyn came charging out of the storage room and gathered me in a big hug, squeezing every last ounce of air from my lungs. "You did so well, buddy! It was beautiful; best solo I've ever heard!" He exclaimed.

I laughed, and couldn't help but smile at his excitement... Maybe a little of the excitement was caused by the fact that he is hugging me. "Um thanks, but I did mess up, on that really fast thing."

"Oh you couldn't even tell, you played it off really well, just like you do in really life." He released me and smiled again.

"You go Glen Cocoa!" Iris screamed running out of the storage room. "That was so perf. But I did see how badly you were shaking. On a scale from one to ten, how hard is it to play an instrument with so many buttons while seizing?"

"Hmm." I pretended to think. "About a seventy-two." Iris laughed.

"You did sound amazing, thought." She patted me on the back. "I wish I could play my flute as well as you do."

"Oh, you sound great Iris." She always gets down on herself, saying how bad she is.

"Yeah, and that's with hours of practice every night. You never practice and you always sound perfect." She exclaimed.

"Hey, I practiced that!" I said defensively.

"Hey you sluts!" Nina screamed, running out of the storage room, in a similar fashion as Robyn. "I heard you went to McDonalds and left Hannah, Iris, and I all alone at the school!"

"Well technically you weren't alone... There were three of you..." I pointed out.

"No, there was four of us there. Bethany was able to leave early and enjoy lunch with us." She spat. Bethany is... a character. She isn't pretty, but is skinny I suppose. But she's needy and rude and kind of a slut. Not in the affection pet name aspect, she really is a slut. We have all tried to be nice to her and friendly but she is such a terrible person, and on top of that whiny. Please, I don't care that you're single, Bethany. I am too, and I have been forever but I don't make a point to tell every mildly attractive boy under the sun. Besides, Robyn already know I'm forever alone.

"Oh my god." I said with genuine disdain. "I am so sorry, we did that to you."

"You better be." She said, then paused. "Hey were is Hannah?"

"Probably fighting off Jarrod's advances." I said, and everyone laughed.

"Hot damn, that little fucker is creepy." Nina let out a low whistle. It's funny because Jarrod is actually only 4 feet tall. "Did you hear what he said he wanted to do with Hannah, Sam and I?" Sam is Hannah's boyfriend who is currently in college about an hour away from here.

"Um...No. But, do I want?" I asked hesitantly.

"No, you don't. It's naasty." Robyn held out the 'a' in nasty, to make his point.

"Well, it doesn't matter I'm going to tell you anyway." Nina announced. "He wants to go on a sex camp out with us."

"What even is that?" I screeched. That's so nasty, he's only a freshman how does he even know what that is, oh god I'm so glad that little creeper never talks to me.

"We don't know!" Nina screamed back.

"By the looks on their faces I'd say you told them about Jarrod." Hannah said, finally emerging from the storage room.

"Yes and now I'm permanently scarred forever, so can we please go to Iris's and watch movies so I can forget what just happened or maybe drink a bleach cocktail." Everyone laughed and started walking to their lockers to grab their keys and coats. But Robyn hung back and when I looked back at him he made a gesture saying I should too. Hopefully he's proclaiming his love to me, that would be fantastic.

"I want you to ride in my car with me." He said. I knew why. He doesn't want me to be alone and murdered somewhere by that crazy cashier.

"But I have to my brother home." I informed him.

As if on cue my brother popped his head in the bandroom and shouted: "Gonna take the bus to let Chris know I'm still alive." Then disappeared.

"Well, it looks like that all worked out. Now come on." He started walking towards his locker.

"No, wait. What about my car? How am I supposed to get to school tomorrow?" I ran after him.

"I'll pick you up." He shrugged easily.

"But you said yourself, I live in the middle of nowhere." I pointed out.

"We live on the same road." He snorted.

"Well technically I live of of that road a few houses down, and we're on total opposite ends... kind of. Like you live a mile off of Wheeler (the road our school is on) and it takes you three minutes to get to school. It takes me about ten because I live five more miles away and like to drive about five over the speed limit."

"Well, I'm picking up promptly at 6:50 am. And there's nothing you can say about it. Now come on because we're going to be late to Iris's." I stopped arguing because I knew I wouldn't win and trudged behind Robyn to his car. We sat in silence, humming along to whatever song the CD played. It wasn't uncomfortable, in anyway, but I worried about Robyn. He's always this happy go lucky guy... Well, he does get irritated when we use him for our woman crush Wednesdays but what does he expect? He's friends with all females. But, he is acting all out of character... He's taking my almost death harder than I am. Does he know something I don't? No, he can't we've just become close friends this year. Whatever, he probably is just infatuated with me and doesn't want to see me die because that would send the whole world spiraling into depression.

When we arrived at Iris's house I finally spoke up. "Iris is going to ask a tone of stupid questions." I groaned.

"Did he kiss you? Oh, you guys would be so cute together! I bet he confessed his love, didn't he?" He mimicked Iris's voice almost perfectly. I laughed, but tried to hide the blush that made itself at home upon my cheeks. How did he know that? Has he heard what we say about him? What I say about him? I groaned inwardly.

"That's perfect." I laughed again, trying to hide my inner turmoil. "Have you been practicing."

"Yes, I sit in front of a mirror and practice sound like your best friend." He said sarcastically. Then got out of the car and started towards Iris's house. I jumped out of the car and ran to catch up to him and noticed there was a note taped to the door. Robyn grabbed and read it aloud.

"Dear lovebirds," He scoffed, Iris must have wrote it. "You took far too long to get to my house, so we have already left to see how many 20 piece nugs and packages of pizza rolls we can fit in my car. We're aiming for 80 of each. So you two sit tight and huddle for warmth, we will be back eventually. Love, Iris."

"You suck Iris." I groaned. "It's like negative thirty out here and there's snow on the ground! How could she leave us out here!"

Robyn chuckled, wow he laughs quite a bit. "Well she probably assumed we'd go to my car and sit in there, since there's heat and all."

I pointed at him and smiled. "That is a good plan, let's go." We began walking back to the car when Robyn suddenly stopped and pushed me behind him. I stood on my tip toes to try to see over his shoulder but I couldn't really see anything. He stands at a 6'2" stature while I'm chilling down here at a whopping 5'7". Then I heard her voice.

"Move so I can kill it." The voice of the crazy cashier yelled.

"Not a chance." Robyn growled.

"Hey, you, crazy cashier." I called, I didn't dare move to look at her for fear she'd blow my head off.

"What?" She shouted in a feral growl.

"Oh wow, that was fierce." I paused, then realized she probably wouldn't laugh and continued. "Is there a reason you want to kill me? I mean I haven't done anything very bad this year... I'm pretty sure I'm on Santa's nice list."

"You... You don't know." She was taken aback.

"No I don't but apparently you and this human meat shield that goes by the name of Robyn do. So I'm feeling very under informed. Especially since it's kinda my life and it's the only one I have." Someday I'll learn not to be so sassy to people who want me dead, but that day is not today!

"She really has no idea..." The lady trailed off. "Do you?" She asked Robyn.

"I've just became friends with this girl, I have no idea what you're talking about." I could hear the lie in his voice, but I'm guessing he gave some sort of signal to the girl saying he did... Maybe he did it with his pretty green eyes. Anyway, the psychopath sighed and then, for the second time, just disappeared.

Robyn turned around to face me. He wore an apologetic expression, as if he knew what my next question would be. Not that it was hard to guess anyway... It's a pretty natural response to things that are extremely unnatural.

"What the hell is going on Robyn?" He didn't answer at first and pulled me into a hug.

"I'm sorry, I can't tell you. The second I do, she'll comeback and kill us both." He murmured.

"Could you at least give me a hint." He pulled away slightly to peer into my eyes.

"Your destiny, sucks."

I didn't know it at the time but, oh man, was he right.
♠ ♠ ♠
I already have to subscribers :D
This is exciting for me! So thank you!