Status: When I set certain days to update I lose my drive to write, so updates will be haphazard.

Dear Destiny, You Suck

Chapter Four

Sadly, when I woke up we were not in a cute chick-flickesque embrace. We both slept like rocks. Damn it. And damn this itchy forehead. I thought it would go away but no, it wants to ruin my day by feeling like there's thousands of tiny insects running a muck on my head.

Oh god. No. Bad, bad bad. There's probably not bugs on my face. And they're probably aren't spiders. If I just calm down and take deep breaths I can walk over to my mirror and see that there's no bugs on crawling on my face. What if they devour my eyes before I can see if they're there or not?

"Robyn!" I hissed in a hysterical tone and hit his shoulder repeatedly. "Robyn, wake up. Please Robyn."

"What do you want?" He groaned sleepily while waving me away.

"I need to know if there's face devouring bugs on my forehead." I shook him with more force.

"I think you've watched far too much TV." He mumbled. "You're fine just let me sleep more."

"You didn't even look how are you supposed to know." I pouted and frowned.

"I looked and you're fine." He groaned and grabbed something off my night stand and tossed it at me. "Read a book and leave me alone." I looked down at the book I held in my hands and felt my heart crack every so slightly. The flesh eating bugs left my face, and I forgot how badly my forehead screamed and tingled for just a second.

"I... Can't ever read this book again." I muttered. "I want to, I loved it... But I hate it. You feel me?"

"How can you love something and hate it?" He was too groggy to realize what book he had handed me.

"It was fantastic and I love every aspect of the characters... but..." I stopped, forcing back the wave of grief that tried to over take me. It's just a book, just a book. It doesn't even mean anything. Why am I even bothered by a freaking book?!

"I handed you TFIOS didn't I?" He sounded more conscious and apologetic. "Shit, I'm sorry."

"It's the only book I even cried for." Which is big because I don't get emotional over books or movies. But this book had me balling like every other stereotypical white girl that had once found joy in its pages.

"It's okay buddy I understand." He murmured and pulled me into a hug. "It's like that ex-boyfriend you tell everyone you're over but every time you look at it you're reminded of all the emotions it caused you. And all the very nice quotes that float around the internet."

"Don't forget that the word 'okay' will never be the same... Oh and I hate Christmas trees now." I tried to make it seem as if I was blaming him.

"I told you not to read it around Christmas!" He shouted and playfully shoved me.

"Well, I ignored you and read that part while sitting in front of my Christmas tree..." I frowned. "We need to move on because I refuse to talk this long about feelings a book caused. It's a book, not real life."

"But it felt like real life." He tackled me for no reason.

"Robyn get off me!" I whined.

"Not until you admit you wanted those characters felt real to you and you had a crush on Augustus." I tried to wrestle him off of me.

"Every girl has a crush on him." I said as he easily pinned my hands. "And people read books to immerse themselves in a different world to escape their own reality. Books are better than real life and it's natural to get attached to characters." I huffed.

"You want your own Augustus." He released my hands and started tickling my sides.

"Everyone does!" I screamed. "Now get off of me, and tell me if the bugs ate all my face." I tried to push him off again to no avail. He must weigh at least as much as a cow... Maybe a mountain.... Yeah those are pretty heavy and I can't move them either... Therefore he must be a mountain.

"You've got a little black mark right there, like you smudged your makeup or something but that's it. No bugs." He tapped the epicenter of the itchiness, then started into my eyes. We had another moment. However, this one was slightly more movie-esque. He had me pinned on my back, his face hovering inches from mine. My breath caught in my throat and everything.

"On a scale of one to ten, have badly have I confused your emotions." He breathed, still not moving.

"Um... I'm not sure I even have any at this moment." I gulped.

He laughed and rolled off of me. "I confused them so much they ceased to exist." For some reason he found this hilarious. He's so strange sometimes. It really isn't that funny...

A light tap on my door shut him up. "Honey?" My mom called.

"Come in." I answered without emotion. She came in holding a tray with two plates of pancakes, bacon, toast, and two glasses of chocolate milk.

"I thought we could talk for a minute." She said it with a strange gentleness, as if I was mentally unstable and would explode at any minute... Oh right, I am that way with her. But that's just because she says such crazy things.

"Go for it." I shrugged and gladly began chowing down on my bacon. "You can't say anything that crazier than what happened yesterday." She and Robyn scoffed at the same time. Glad to see that I'm the only one that doesn't know what she's going to say... Especially since I'm her daughter and he's just a friend of mine. Well, I guess he is supposed to die for me or something.

"I know you have a hard time believing in destiny, so I'm just going to give you a little bit of our history." At least she's kind of understands me. "I come from a fairly twisted family tree and you have cursed because of it." She frowned slightly. "My great great great Grandfather was a very powerful man. He ruled... A land humans have never seen."

"Mom, what do you mean?" My eyebrows knit together. Where is this going? It's as if she's reciting something out of a story book.

"I mean, you're not human." She looked down at her hands. "I never told you because I felt guilty. And I didn't know how you'd react."

"What the fuck do you mean?" I screamed at her and rose into a standing position. "Not human? Not human! What else is there besides human?! Animal? Am I part fucking rabbit?"

"This is what I feared." She sighed.

Robyn grabbed my wrist and pulled me onto the bed. "Unfortunately, you will not be growing a cute fluffy tail and long ears. But you need to listen to your mother. She's worked very hard to work up the courage to tell you this."

"You knew about this?" I roared and ripped my hand from his grasp.

"Yes because my parents wrote it to me in a note before they disappeared!" He yelled back and tears formed in his eyes. Those tears extinguished the fire that was my rage and I fell on the bed next to him. I took his hand in mine.

"I'm sorry, I shouldn't have... I didn't mean..." I took a deep breath. "I know their disappearance pains you and I don't mean to cause you pain." He quickly wiped the tears from his eyes and patted my shoulder. He obviously didn't trust his voice. I looked at my mom, begging her to continue and bring this awkward moment to an end.

"Long story short, my great great great Grandmother sold her soul to a demon to save her sister. Luckily that demon was more considerate than most and had a crush on her. He returned her soul to her but she had to marry him. That was your great great great grandfather. But he was kicked from his position in his land because his children were half human half demon mutts."

"So I'm like... 1/16th demon?" I tried to do the math in my head, but gave up and just said a fraction that seemed right."

"Um... No." Her cheeks reddened. "Our family went through rituals and only married demons until the first full-fledged demon of the family was born."

"And who was that again?" I questioned. "You're messing up my whole awesome math thing I did."

She laughed. "Good to see you still practice, since you don't have a math class this year."

"Hey!" I said defensively. "According to the school Drafting Design and CAD counts as a senior math."

"What even is that class?" Robyn questioned.

"Stupid, that's what it is. We sit there and draw. I can't draw, that's why I took band and not art." I said while trying to hold back the 'duh' that pushed against my lips.

"Anyway." Mom cleared her throat and "I was the first."

"So... I'm like super, 105% demon... Assuming dad was also... Like you?" I wasn't sure how to phrase that and not sound offensive.

"Uh... Yeah..." She laughed nervously and rubbed the back of her neck. "About that..."

"Ugh." I exaggerated a sigh. "Mom, what did you do?"

"Hey, it's not my fault! He was handsome and romantic and knew how to treat a woman right." She sighed dreamily. "He didn't tell me he was an angel until you were born."

"So I'm some weird half breed... Cool..." I but my head in my hands. "Mom I can't do this. It's too ridiculous. There's no way this is legit. I'm a senior in highschool, not some creature that goes bump in the night nor do I have wings and fly around in a white robe playing a baby harp."

"I knew you'd take this poorly." She sighed.

"Because it's not real." I shouted. "I'm going to go over to Iris's house and binge on Supernatural, because I love that show and like all of this," I made a giant gesture encircling the whole area. "It's fake." I grabbed my shoes and coat then proceeded out the door.
♠ ♠ ♠
So I haven't updated in a while and I apologize

Anyway I wasn't sure if I wanted what she is to be announced quite yet but I have decided that the story isn't going to be about her finding out what she is so much as discovering what she can and has to do...

Yep. I'll go now.