Status: Comments, please!!!

No One Left I Love

"There's no one left I love," Johanna Mason once said shaking off Katniss.

That was a lie. She did love someone. She loved them enough to risk it all for a better future without Snow. She did it for all her lost loved ones and her new one. I am that loved one.

My name is Aura Luxor. I am seventeen. I am from District 5. I won the 73rd Hunger Games. Like Katniss, my sister had been reaped. The difference was that was my defenseless twin Arin.

I volunteered for her because everyone knew she'd die out there. What's the chances of a pretty new fifteen year old winning? What are her chances when she has the mind of a child? There was no chance. I volunteered for her. I refused to watch my sister die for people's amusement.

Those games were brutal. I used to be relatively innocent before them: never starved and never had to kill. That meant I was at a severe disadvantage. I had to brutal in my games and forget everything life had taught me in 7. I did things I never thought were possible for me.

I knocked a man's head off with a sheet of concrete.

I slit a man's throat.

I stabbed a girl to death.

That was just one of the few things I had to do. The Games killed me in ways I can't even explain. I fought and killed to live but I wanted to die when it was all over. Those games killed me in ways that I still can't explain.

Those Games seemed to continue even after I won. The Capitol got to parade me around like I was a fancy new toy. I got to be sold off at the highest bidder. I got to face my victim's families and lie through my teeth about how the Games brought meaning into my life.

There's more. I got to go home where children feared me. I got to see childhood friends stop calling. I was isolated in a full town. No one wanted anything to do with me except my family.

Snow thought my sacrifice wasn't enough. Every month, I'd be sent back to the Capitol. They wanted to hear my voice again. They wanted to buy me. They wanted a strong teenager when I was a suicidal one.

My life seemed determined to break me. I was the only female tribute. I had to mentor in the 74th Games as well. I watched my kids be poisoned and stabbed to death. I was to keep going through this until the day I died.

Then I was a tribute in the Quarter Quell. This kick started the rebellion.. Most of us got to escape including me. The thing I'm most thankful for through is Johanna Mason. The year before had been a blur. I didn't talk to the other mentors because I was hoping my tributes would make it.

The first time I met Johanna Mason was at the Chariot Races. There was an immediate appraisal when we saw each other. Then the elevator happened that sealed the deal. We were together. We didn't want to be alone. We knew we probably wouldn't make it.

Johanna Mason is my reason for surviving the Quarter Quell other than my sister Arin.

If you had been there, you'd understand.

This was when I knew I'd fallen for Johanna Mason.