Status: Comments, please!!!

No One Left I Love

Trains

The ride to the train was silent. Even the bubbly Ruby Jewel was quiet. There was nothing that could be said. Chances were one of us was dying of not both. That didn't mean I wouldn't fight but it meant we needed a plan.

Everyone got on the train. It was lavish as always. I had been on it just last month to do a concert in the Capitol. Every victor had to have a talent and mine was singing. President Snow forced me into concerts every month since my games. It had been two years already and would probably now be ending.

The tables were filled to the brim with the colorful foods of the Capitol. They were the rich reddish brown of mahogany. The food smelled sweet and appetizing but I couldn't eat right now. I sat down on the couch and tried to think of a way to win.

Maybe I could use my concerts to my advantage. The Capitol knew me well and always came to my concerts. They'd hate to see me die. The Capitol citizens would probably send me gifts if I played my cards right. There was no one left'm to mentor Kaleb and I so we only had Ruby.

I was interrupted by Kaleb sitting beside me. His lithe frame had helped him win his games. It was still silent but not as limber as it had once been. Those sneak attacks from the trees were probably nonexistent now.

"Katniss Everdeen is a tribute too," he whispered into my ear.

I froze.

The Mockingjay? That meant she had to live. She would lead the rebellion to end Snow. It would mean no more hunger games, no more senseless killing. It would be magnificent.

That meant I had to protect her. I had to let her survive whether it meant my life or not. If she didn't make it, it could mean decades for anyone tried anything again.

Kaleb edged closer to me but stayed silent while I grasped the full meaning of what he'd said.

Ruby sat down in front of me and looked unsure. She was relatively innocent to this whole thing. Her first year as escort had been with me. The redhead had lost two tributes but her first survived, me. The violence and carnage made sense before until she knew the people killing and being killed.

"You know I'll help anyway I can," the soprano said unnecessarily. " I know many important people. They will walk miles just to see you."

Ruby smiled at me while saying this.

Was that supposed to make me feel better? In a petty way, it did. I wanted to remembered and wanted to know people would send me gifts. I needed to know I was important too.

I nodded at her and smiled.

"You're right, Ruby," I told her smiling.

Ruby flushed in pleasure with a delighted head dip.

"I'm always right," she said embarrassed avoiding eye contact. "Now, we need to eat. You need your strength and I feel faint," Ruby rose her willow thin frame and gracefully walked to the table.

Kaleb looked at me and shook his head smiling. "Shame on you," he added jokingly. "Abusing women's affections. What would your mother say?"

I poured playfully. "What's a little innocent fun? It's not hurting anyone."

Kaleb shook his head again and we walked to the table.

I hurried over and slid out Ruby 's chair. "Thank you," she said still charmed. I smiled at her and walked to my own chair. The table had dinner already set with ham with pineapples and my favorite pasta. We gratefully made our plates and I made sure to thank the help because this was my favorite meal.

I hurried to my room in the sleeping car. My scalp was started to ache with the jeweled pins keeping my hair in the perfect crown. I carefully took out every pin and finger combed my hair. My hair was long and reached my waist bone straight tanks to thethe chemicals from my stylists Aurea, Julius, Ysabeau and Stacia.

I slid out of my watching the silk fall to the floor. It was worth more than my district made in a year but I didn't care. I slid out of my velvet slippers and went into my bed. It was large with thick sheets and I suddenly felt spoiled.

My reputation as victor and singer afforded me Panem's best luxuries but I couldn't care less.
♠ ♠ ♠
Yay a subscriber!!!