Status: Comments, please!!!

No One Left I Love

Social Games

The dusty ground was leading a trail right to me. It flew up like brown clouds behind my leaden feet. The last careers was right behind me with his knives in hand. The sun was blinding me and my sweat felt like it made a puddle with every step.

I had no more weapons on me. My knives were all stuck in my kills which were nowhere to be seen. My stolen spear was currently broken in two a mile away. I stopped running and hid among the remains of a building. There was a large size of cement bigger than my head nearby. I hurriedly grabbed it and waited for the footsteps.

Careers were idiots. They were horrible at stealth. Their rich districts made them heavy and muscular which made more sounds with every footsteps. I went beside the door and closed my eyes. They were coming fast. Chances were if I could kill one, I could kill the other.

I counted every step to make sure I got everything right.

One.

Two.

Three.

I swung the concrete hard and heard a sickening crack as it connected. Blood sprayed from the victim and landed on me. There was a scream behind him and I realized his skull had been knocked off his body. While the other career wiped the blood off his eyes, I started running farther ahead.

Then I felt the eyes watching me in my sleep. I grabbed my stalker and twisted until I had them pinned underneath me. Wide gold eyes watched me in shock and anger, however misplaced it was.

"You ruined my hair!" Stacia shrieked.

"I could've killed you!" I screamed back in righteous anger. I let go of her wrists and rose off of Stacia. She got off my bed and wiped the wrinkles off her pristine blue, green and purple dress. Triplet gasps echoed around my room.

"Don't you ever sneak on me while I'm sleeping again!" I shrieked my voice almost breaking at the high pitch. Ysabeau walked toward and patted my back. Her alabaster hand looked ghastly against my olive skin. She turned me towards her and I noticed her hot pink eyeshadow that nearly created a mask on her face.

"There, there," Ysabeau muttered to me and sat me on the bed. I felt the silk against my skin and realized I was still naked. Some people would've recoiled and started screaming at them to leave but they were almost family at this best. Their reactions to nudity were hilarious.

On cue, Julius tutted at me. He wagged his finger in front of my face. "Ladies don't sleep naked! How dare you!" His basically voice reached new levels as I snapped at his finger with my teeth. "Put something on!" He continued yelling.

I rebelled at the order and even stretched to fully wake up. Ysabeau, Stacia and Aurea each grabbed a section of my long hair and started arranging it into a complicated updo. Julius pulled a bright gold on from underneath me and pushed my arm through the one sleeve I saw. There was no mirror to give me a view of what I'd look like to the Capitol when I left the train.

The girls finished pinning up my hair and suddenly Aurea was in my face. I flinched back on instinct and then someone was applying a severe red to my lips. Another was applying eyeshadow while someone did blush. I felt claustrophobic with all the bodies surrounding me and working on me.

The cluster disassembled and I could finally breathe. I stepped into the matching death on heels. They easily boosted my height five inches taller. The train slowed. We were close to the Capitol. Cheers and screams were audible even through the thick steel of the train.

I didn't wave or reply to their cheers. I walked to the train's entrance and waited for the door to open. When it did, the dress shone like the sun. The people were in awe and lust as the dress highlighted my curvy frame. They shouted for my attention but I ignored every plea. It only seemed to make them want me even more.

Capitol citizens were dense. Maybe it was arrogance or confidence but either way no one ever thought they were to blame for anything wrong. They sat in their beliefs of how fair and beautiful Panem was. Was Panem truly beautiful? It punished its people for a rebellion we weren't there for and killed children. Was Panem really at beautiful?

I was lead to another car with my stylists beside me. They gossiped about who was wearing what, who was doing who and what who did to who. It was all too confusing to pay attention to. I watched the architecture pass by in blurs as we headed to the building I'd be staying in.

The social games of the Hunger Games were about to begin.