Status: Comments, please!!!

No One Left I Love

Don't be Late

"Oww," I whined when Stacia pulled my hair.

"Don't be a baby," she sang.

I huffed and let her kept maneuvering my hair into place. I could every braid as she pulled tight on my scalp. I could already imagine the colors my scalp was turning. It had a heartbeat but they refused to let me look in the mirror.

Ysabeau was painting my nails. It was dark, foreboding. I wanted to say black but the color seemed to change when light hit it. The smell of polish overwhelmed the room and my nose began burning.

"Where's Aurea?" I realized the bubbly stylist was missing. While trying to evade the smell, my head had moved and I saw no sign of her. The copper eyed woman was just gone.

The door opened and in came the platinum blond with a garment bag.

"I'm back!" Aurea chipped. "Did you miss me?"

I nodded completely serious.

Aurea smiled and gently hung the bag up.

"Stacia! Why isn't her hair done? Why isn't her makeup done?"

The golden eyed woman shrugged.

"I'll do it," Aurea sighed. "It's almost time to go."

Her pale hand gestured for me to close my eyes. I obliged and felt her massaging something into my face. Then I felt the eyeshadow be applied and mascara. She gently applied the lipstick and I felt her rub something else in.

"You're done,"Aurea announced. "You look fierce."

I opened my eyes and turned my head towards the mirror Well, I tried to look. Stacia quickly moved my head back into place.

"I am not done."

At this point, even Ysabeau was done with my nails. She rubbed a gel into my skin that made my skin look like it was glowing. The gentle made my skin tingle as Ysabeau made sure it got everywhere.
My attention drew back to my head when I felt Stacia' s deceiving grip slacked. It only disappeared for a second but enough for me to relax. Then a new weight was fastened onto my head.

The three girls stepped back and appraised me. I almost felt like a work of art. They watched me like I was a dream, a goddess. It made me stand straight on the chair.

"We have some gifts for you," Ysabeau said beginning to walk to the garment bag.

"We didn't want you to wear something plain," Stacia continued with a look of distaste on her face.

"So I called in a few favors for this week," Aurea finished starting to unzip the bag. "Julius is going on 'vacation' until you leave."

Aurea finished unzipping the dress and I gaped at it.

The dress and shoes could only be described as electrifying. The dress at first was as grey as a storm cloud. Then I watched transfixed when it gained a purple tinge.As I watched it became dark until it was black and explored into an array of light. The dress began going back into the color of purplish grey clouds.

"You girls are amazing," I couldn't stop smiling. This dress was a way better than the sun I was two years ago. It was mysterious. It was dangerous. This dress was attention-seeking. I loved it.

I wanted to say something else but I was speechless. "This is perfect,"I couldn't stop myself from whispering. Ysabeau, Stacia and Aurea hurried over to help me into the electric dress. I have to admit this dress allowed no mistake. This dress clung to every curve and muscle of my body acting like a sheath. I was afraid to breathe too hard in it.

Stacia helped me into the shoes. It seemed everyone wanted me in heels these days. These stilettos boosted me up by four inches when I wasn't short to begin with. I was already five foot seven but everyone wanted me larger than life.

That's when I looked in the mirror. I looked like a complete stranger. My skin was glowing softly. My eyes looked frightening bright outlined with black kohl outlining them in a perfect cat eye. My eyelashes looked long and thick to further emphasize my eyes. I had a bright circlet braided into my long hair which hung straight down. I looked like a terrifying goddess.

"Thank you," I whispered again.

My girls quickly left my room and I hurried to Kaleb' s.

His greying hair hadn't been dyed back to it's original black. Kaleb' s hair had been gelled back and I saw a matching bright crown on his head. His shirt matched my dress to the purplish grey brewing. His pants looked like black leather and he had on a pair of dark boots. Men always had less maintenance than women.

"I'm kind of scared."

Kaleb looked up at my sudden confession and smiled.

"Aren't we all?"

The pressure rose off my chest that I wasn't the only one.

Then Ruby came up to us.

"You look stunning," she announced grinning. "Now don't be late. I have surprises for both of you."

As suddenly as the vibrant Capitol woman came, she walked off.

"We wouldn't want to be late," Kaleb echoed holding out his arm. "I may not be a woman but I'm told I have killer legs."

Our laughter echoed down the hall as we walked to the elevator.
♠ ♠ ♠
Meet Johanna next chapter!