Status: In Progress. The more feedback I get, the more frequent updates will be.:)

Fade Away

Chapter 10

10.

I woke up and the room was cold and dark. I rubbed my eyes, realising that I had handcuffs on my wrists.
I frowned as yesterday's events played over in my mind.
I immediately began to try and use our connection to contact Angelo.
The results were poor, but I still heard him talking over some plan with Chris. The plan was to find me and take me home. Just that thought gave me more hope that I would soon be back in the arms of my mate.
What I assumed to be a door opened, making light flood through the crack in the door.
I groaned, rubbing my eyes again. I saw a figure trudging over to me, who I recognised to be Camille, Chase and...Lance? They followed behind her, Lance switching on the light.
I frowned. 'Camille...' I groaned.
'First my abusive ex-mate, now you've recruited my cheating ex-boyfriend. Why? I liked my new mate. I LOVE Angelo.' I said hoarsely. The lack of liquid I had consumed was really taking its toll.
Camille shook her head. 'Honey...We're home... I brought Chase and Lance to help me to protect you...' She told me.
My breath hitched. 'We're...home? As in Scranton? Or as in Northern Ireland?' I asked her, trying not to panic.
She shook her head, as if it was a dum question.
'Northern Ireland, of course!'
I can't spend more than a couple of days without my mate, or I will die. Plus the bloody council might kill him too for not turning me by my birthday, next week.

-Angelo's P.O.V-

I growled, slamming my fist on the table. We had searched everywhere; Camille and Chase's apartments (they were gone, as were a lot of their belongings) Hell! We even checked hospitals and every fuckin' Walmart in the state.
We still couldn't find her.
Our connection may not be at its strongest, but I could feel her pain of being away from me.
Chris sighed, resting his hand on my shoulder comfortingly.
'We'll find her. I promise.'
I forgave Chris as soon as I realised Maddie was missing. We needed to work together to find her. Fighting and holding grudges wouldn't help us at all.
Alyssa's jaw clenched 'We didn't try Lance's place.' She said quietly.
My eyes widened. How could we be so stupid?!
Chris, Ricky, Alyssa and I decided that we would be the ones to check his apartment, while everyone else either stayed at my house, in case she came home, or they were searching the streets.
We used the shadows to appear outside the apartment. After knocking a few times, I moved Chris away from the door, before breaking it down.
The apartment stunk of alcohol and cigarettes. Chris and I scrunched up our noses in disgust, but Alyssa and Ricky seemed fine. I guess that's what you get for deciding to be straight-edge at a young age.
I growled again, when our search turned up fruitless.
'I think I've found something.' Alyssa said, walking out of the bedroom, motioning for us to follow her back into the room, where the computer was set up.
'Are you trying to tell me that we're going to find my mate by messing about on a computer?!' I growled at her.
She flinched, turning into Ricky and hugging him. He glared at me.
'Your mate may be missing, but you don't need to take it out on us; we're trying to help you find her, because we care about her too. She's our best friend.' He turned to the computer.
Ricky grinned. 'Alyssa. You are BRILLIANT!' He spun her around in circles.
'What?' I tried to hide my jealousy. They all had their mates to hug and spoil, while my mate was stolen from me.
'Lance bought 4 tickets to Belfast International Airport, 3 days ago. Under the names 'Pablo', 'Jones' and 2 under 'Clear'.' I clenched my jaw
Chase Pablo. Lance Jones. Camille and...Maddie Clear.
They've taken my love back to her family in Ireland. Are they trying to kill her?! She'll die if she's away from me longer than a couple of days. If not, by her family. The Clear family are the most well-known vampire hunting family know to our existence and have been for years. And Maddie is part vampire. I'll die before letting her get hurt, especially by her "family". I'd kill them first.

-Maddie's P.O.V-

'We're in my apartment, just outside Belfast.' She told me, removing the handcuffs. As soon as they were off, I kicked her on the knee and the two boys where a male should never be kicked, before taking off out of the room. I ran outside the apartment, before running down the path, towards the bus and train station, before remembering that I had no money. I swore, before running towards my friend's old house, hoping she hasn't moved since I was last here, 8 months ago.
I knocked on the door furiously. She opened the door and I collapsed into her arms, kicking the door shut with my foot.
'Maddie?' She asked, pushing me away slightly.
'Ivy...thank...hell...' I panted.
She frowned. 'What's wrong?' She brought me into the kitchen, pulling out a chair for me to sit on. I sat down, before telling her that I was kidnapped. I didn't mention that I was with vampires before, or she wouldn't help me nor consider us friends any more, as she is, along with my family, a vampire hunter. I'm surprised she hasn't caught on that I'm over 50% fertile.
'And you want to go back home?' She asked, running a hand through her mop of curls.
'Yes. Scranton home, that is. Not here. I...' I trailed off, not wanting to mention that I was mated with a vampire.
'Can I borrow your phone?' I asked, changing the subject. She nodded, handing me her house phone, just as the electricity cut out. Thank hell the phone cable is not attached to the electricity one. But when I dialled Angelo's number, straight after the first ring sounded, the phone line went dead. I began to panic, asking Ivy for her mobile phone.
She shook her head. 'You know me; my mobile is dead. Even if it wasn't, there's no money on it either.' She told me.
I sighed, but began to tense up when I felt arms around me. Ivy's eyes widened, before pulling a wooden stake out of her sock. Chase held me against him, laughing at Ivy.
'Do you really think a tiny stick will kill me?' He taunted her.
She lunged at him, knocking him down, catching me in the process. She pushed me behind her.
'Why are you protecting one of the creatures you hunt?' Chase asked, knowing that Ivy knew nothing of what I was.
Ivy rolled her eyes 'Do you really think that I would believe that? Maddie. A vampire.' She chuckled humorously.
'Yes. Because it's the truth.' Lance appeared behind me, handcuffing me again.
'But we want her to live, so you need to come with us too, I'm afraid.' Camille said, injecting something into Ivy's neck, before she fell limp on the floor.
My eyes widened. 'I can't...' I stared hopelessly at my only chance of getting away, who was lying on the floor.
I sighed, trying to use my connection with Angelo to tell him my where-abouts.
"Angie...I'm in...in Belfast... I'm 'home'..." Everything went black as soon as I was injected with the same needle by Camille.

-Angelo's P.O.V-

Message received. Don't worry Mad-Bear. We're coming to get you.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thank you for subscribing:) I think we're at 30 now, so thank you:)
Thank you for recommending. We are up to 9 currently:)
And thank you Blyth, for finally making a Mibba account, recommending and commenting. Cool user name by the way.:)
By the way, don't forget to check out my co-write "Synthetic Love", which can be found on my account:)
Thank you for reading
Love you all<3
Midnight.Moments
xx