Status: In Progress. The more feedback I get, the more frequent updates will be.:)

Fade Away

Chapter 13

13.

I lifted my head off of Angelo's shoulder, looking up at him.
He smiled at me.
'Hey, you.' I whispered. He smiled softly at me.
'Hello beautiful...What did I ever do to deserve you as my mate?'
I chuckled. 'I believe that the correct question is how did I go from having an asshole as a mate, to an...amazing mate like you?' love you, Angie.' I said.
He shook his head, reaching down and kissing me.
'Love you too.'
'Sir, this is the last time I will tell you to stop playing your "music" out loud.' The flight attendant groaned at Balz, as he smirked, giving her the middle finger.
We were around half way into our journey of 8 and a half hour flight from Dublin to Pennsylvania and Balz was REALLY getting onto the flight attendant's last nerve, playing Slipknot on full blast, pissing off both the flight attendants and passengers alike.
I chuckled, nuzzling Angelo's neck and sighing.
He wrapped his arm around my waist, pulling me closer.
I gasped as a foreign sensation began to hit at my lungs. It felt like someone was punching me and it was difficult to breathe.
'What's wrong Love?' Angelo pulled away, looking into my eyes.
I wrapped my arm around my ribs.
'I'm fine.' I said, knowing full well he could tell that that was a complete lie.
He nodded, not wanting to push me.
The pain happened again, but this time it also pulsed around my stomach and pelvic area, as well as my ribs, making me clutch my torso.
Angelo looked at me worried, but I smiled at him reassuringly, kissing his cheek.
My feet began to go numb and it spread the whole way up my leg, the same thing happened with my arms.
I gasped slightly, as my arms fell limp at my sides. I tried to open my mouth to tell Angelo that I was lying; that there was something wrong, but I couldn't. My mouth refused to co-operate. Hell! I couldn't even blink.
Angelo looked at me, frowning when he saw me, slumped on the chair with my head lying to my side, eyes wide open.
His eyes widened and he began to shake me slightly. 'Maddie?' He whispered desperately.
I, again, attempted to speak, but it felt like I had no energy to.
He wiped the tears off of his face, sniffing before standing up. He returned a moment later, with Chris and Ricky.
Chris sat in the seat to my left, at the window, Angelo sat in his seat and Ricky kneeled beside Angelo, at the end of the row.
'What's wrong with her?' Angelo asked Chris, stroking my numb knuckles.
Chris shrugged.
'Maybe you injected too much venom. She was originally 70% fertile, after all.' Ricky suggested.
Angelo shook his head. 'Doms know how much venom their mate needs. I felt like I knew when to stop.' Angelo answered, shaking his head. Chris nodded, agreeing.
'Maybe...I...It's a possibility that...'
'That what?!' Angelo asked, becoming impatient.
'She changed too quickly.' Michael said from the row behind us.
'She was supposed to be in a coma-like state for at least a day. She woke up within 30 minutes. That's too fast, even with the high amount of fertile blood she already had.' Michael said, peering down at us.
'So...what do we do?' Angelo asked desperately.
'She needs to go to the Royal Doctors.'
'What?! My dad would never-'
'You'll have to tell her who you are sooner or later, Angelo. She'll soon be apart of it. You can't keep her in the dark for very much longer.' Michael told him.
Angelo sighed. What was he keeping from me?
'I was trying to protect her. She'll become a target as soon as she finds out about it...' Angelo ran his hand through his dark hair.
I wanted to keep listening but their conversation seemed to drown out, along with my vision, leaving me in darkness, with my ears ringing. Fun.

-Angelo's P.O.V-

I looked down at Maddie. I had to tell her. I knew I did. I just feared that it would change her view on me. And my position in the vampire community. She would become a target the moment she found out, along with the guys, their mates and Alyssa. I hated to keep her in the dark like this, but I couldn't exactly tell her now.
'You'll have to use the shadows.' Michael told me.
'The people will-'
'Go. If you really cared about her; you'd go. She'll die if you don't. You have 45 minutes to save her, or we'll be left with her dead body for another 2 and a half hours on a plane.' Michael hissed, as Ricky and Chris went back to their seats.
I bit my lip nervously. They better fucking cover for me and Maddie.
I lifted her limp figure, walking to the back of the plane, away from sight and used the shadows to transport us to my parents' house.
I walked towards the door, kicking it a few times, as I had no hands available.
One of my father's servants, Edward, opened the door. His eyes widened.
'I'll get Dr. Lester immediately, young Parente.' He rushed off in the direction of the castle's personal doctor quarters. It was like a hospital, but for the upper class and royal family of the vampire kind.
Edward returned with Dr. Lester by his side.
'Mr. Parente, is this your mate? She's very beautiful-'
'She IS very beautiful AND very sick. Please help her.' I tried to calm my temper, masking it with worry.
'Follow me, Master Parente.'
I followed Dr. Lester down the narrow corridors of the castle, towards the doctor quarters.
It was empty, as always. Dr. Lester directed me to a bed and I lay Maddie's limp body onto the bed.
'She's fighting the venom.' Dr. Lester muttered to the nurse.
They began whispering, before pulling me out of the room, ignoring my protests.
I was met by the comforting arms of my mum and I returned the hug. My father stared at me, as I peered through the small window on the door, seeing many doctors and nurses around Maddie.
I don't know what I would do without her. She's more than my mate; she's my best friend. I love her.
'Is she your mate?' My mum asked.
I nodded slowly, my eyes not leaving her bed.
My father scoffed when mum hugged me again.
'It'll be fine.' He whispered. 'Maddie is strong. She'll pull through.' He comforted me.
'Lighten up.' He said to dad.
'He's in love with her. You were in his position. He needs you now.' My mum told him, placing his hand on dad's shoulder.
Dad sighed. 'Fine.'
'What's going to happen?' I asked him, finally tearing my eyes from the window.
He avoided my gaze. 'She'll either be in a coma for a period of time, or...she'll die. Her human blood cells are fighting off the venom and they're doing a good job. Most of the venom has been destroyed.' He told me.
'So I'll have to give her more venom.' I muttered.
He nodded slowly. 'The same amount, if not; more. Now would probably be the best time, as her cells are...distracted by the venom you gave her previously. And no. You did nothing wrong. It's just that her immune system was above average. Probably due to her vampire genes.' He comforted, making mum smile.
I nodded, feeling slightly relieved that it wasn't my fault, but still terrified in case something happened to my mate.

-A Few Hours Later-

I had given the doctors more of my venom around an hour ago, but they refused to tell me anything.
The doctors finally exited the "royal infirmary" and were headed in our direction. I shot up, running towards them.
'What's happening? Is she alright?' I questioned.
My mum took my hand and dad put his arm around my shoulders.
The doctor kept his poker-face.
'She's...dead. Congratulations!' My eyes widened in horror.
'She's...dead?' I tried to conceal my tears.
'Why the FUCK did you say "congratulations"?! My mate...my future queen...my best friend...my love...she's dead!' I shouted at him.
He looked taken aback.
'I meant she's a vampire. She's...not alive anymore. She's one of us now.' He looked at me like I had two heads and I couldn't help but feel like an idiot. Dad chuckled, slapping my shoulder.
'Ca-can I see her?' I asked the doctor, after getting over my embarrassment.
He nodded. 'Yes. And now that she's fully transformed, there's no need for her to be in her...coma-like state, so she'll be awake when you see her.' I thanked him and ran through the doors, appearing at her bed and squeezing her.
'Hey you. What's up?' She asked me, hugging back.
'The sky.' I chuckled, letting her go.
'Where are we?' She asked, looking at the dark blue drapes in the empty infirmary curiously.
'We're in the royal infirmary.' I told her. Oh shit. I'll have to tell her now. Don't back down now. I CAN'T keep this from her anymore.
I glanced over my shoulder, seeing my parents watching us.
I turned back to her.
'Maddie...I have to tell you something...' I trailed off.
She looked over at me, cocking her head to the side.
'What is it?' She asked.
I cleared my throat, fiddling with the loose strands on my shirt.
'Erm...I haven't been...well I haven't told you something about myself. And I know I should have, but it was for your protection.' I rambled.
She chuckled at my nervous attempts, grabbing my hand, encouraging me to continue.
'...Erm...I'm...My dad...he's the king of the vampires.' I rushed.
She frowned. 'That's not all...is it?' She asked.
I nodded nervously. 'I...uh...WE are...(cough) next in line...'
Her eyes widened. 'You mean...'
I nodded. 'Yep. We're going to be ruling the vampires when my parents retire.'
♠ ♠ ♠
COMMENT/Recommend/Subscribe
Meh I don't even know why I ask for comments when the only person who comments is my friend Blyth (who is writing an awesome Ricky Horror love story called "We Only Come Out At Night"-http://www.mibba.com/Stories/Read/545744/We-Only-Come-Out-At-Night/)
Thank you 38(?) subscribers and 10(?) recommenders.
BTW I was only joking about the comments ;p
Thanks for reading:)
Love ya
Midnight.Moments
xx