Status: In Progress. The more feedback I get, the more frequent updates will be.:)

Fade Away

Chapter 15

15.

'I didn't kill anyone.' Angelo stated, appearing more confident than I knew he was really feeling.
'Then why were you there?' He quizzed Angelo.
Angelo cleared his throat, but I spoke before him.
'I was kidnapped. By those 3. Angelo was there to bring me home.' I said.
'Was this "kidnap" reported?' He asked, hiding his smirk at Angelo's annoyance. He knew he was getting under Angelo's skin and was enjoying it, angering me.
'Of course it was! They fucking took my mate away from me!' Angelo's anger level was rising and if they kept taunting him, I knew that it wouldn't end well. He was mentally picturing ripping them apart, limb from limb.
I turned towards my mate, so that we were facing each other.
'Angie...Ignore them. You're an amazing mate. They're just trying to get you to lash out at them, so they'll have something else to accuse you of.' I cupped his cheeks and kissed him. He visibly relaxed and I pulled him in for a hug.
'Okay you two. No need to fuck in front of us to prove how close you are-'
I glared at him. 'I was calming him down.'
The man laughed, increasing my irritation. 'What can HE do to me?'
'I'm the son of the king and she is my future bride. I could have you killed with a snap of my fingers.' Angelo snapped, trying his best not to lunge at them.
The man scoffed. 'You're too much of a pussy fertile to fight your own fights, so you get daddy's soldiers-' Angelo lunged at him.
My eyes widened. Crap! We're in enough trouble as it is without Ange throwing a couple of punches.
I began to panic when the men managed to pin Angelo down. I ran over, trying to pry them off of him, but now that I'm a fertile, I'm weaker than I was before, so my attempts were no good.
I looked at Angelo helplessly, as they began punching and kicking his stomach, one was kicking his head and another punching his legs. I tried to contain the tears that were welling up at the sight of my blooded up and beaten up mate. Fuck!
What could I do that won't get us into any more trouble?
I whipped my phone out, calling Chris, hoping the guys were still with him.
'Hello-'
'Chris!' I exclaimed.
'Come here! Quick! The-They're fighting! They've pinned Angelo down! They're beating him up' I said through tears.
'We're on our way.' As soon as I heard those words, a shrill of comfort immediately passed through my panicking self.
10 seconds later, the guys appeared, exiting the kitchen.
Ghost jogged over to me, while the rest freed Angelo from the men.
'Are you alright? Did they hurt you?' He asked, scanning my body for injuries. I shook my head.
'I-I'm fine...' He pulled me in for a hug.
'Shit.' He murmured, before disappearing. I turned around and the guys were fighting off the men. I desperately wanted to help out, but I knew I would just get in the way. They'd have to protect me as well as themselves, so I thought it best to stay out of the brawl.
'What is the meaning of this?!' A voice boomed.
We turned towards the source; Angelo's parents were stood at the door with a few other vampires, who, I assume, where his guards.
'My lord, your son... he broke the law-'
'No! He didn't!' I exclaimed, immediately regretting my sudden outburst, due to all the attention I received after.
I turned towards Angelo, who was now standing beside me. He kissed my hair, wrapping his tattooed arms around me.
'It's alright, Mad-Bear. Everything's going to be fine.' He comforted, rocking us side-to-side softly.
'And where is your evidence that my son broke the law?' Angelo's dad asked loudly.
'There were witnesses...they saw him enter the house-'
'That's it? You're basing an accusation on the future king of our kind, on HUMAN witnesses?! Did you consider that it could have been a shape-shifter? A demon? A witch?'
'No sir.' He answered, avoiding the king's eyes.
'Then you have no proof or evidence of my son's involvement in this matter. No proof to convince the courts. Human "witnesses" do NOT count! Leave! Now!' I smiled as the men left, but their leader was the last to leave.
'You know what your son did, my lord. You'll have to be careful; people may think you've gone soft and they will try to over-throw you.' He smirked before leaving.
Angelo's dad, who I am yet to find out the name of, turned to us angrily.
'How could you be so careless?! You're lucky I arrived when I did, or you'd be-'
'I know, dad. I'm sorry. But they kidnapped my mate! I know that I had no business with the hunters, but they were going to kill us. It was self-defense-'
'What I am so annoyed about is the fact that we were about to sign a peace treaty with the hunters. The hunters YOU killed. Unless you had...accomplices?' He eyed the guys. I gulped.
'No.' Angelo said. 'It was me. They had nothing to do with this-'
'No! Angelo! We did-' Chris began to protest, but Angelo cut him off.
'There's no need to cover for me, guys.' He smiled at them.
The king glared at his son.
'Very well, Angelo. Your punishment shall be in 3 days.'
My eyes widened, looking between the two.
'But it was self-defense!' I protested, making his already cold eyes glare at me.
'My son committed a crime that is worthy of execution. I think that you would much prefer him being whipped instead of dead, Ms Clear.'
Angelo pulled me closer, offering more comfort and I hid my face in his shirt.
I felt someone place their hand on my shoulder.
'I'm sorry about Michael, Hun...He is so serious all the time.' I turned to see a male fertile with short black hair, a plain black shirt and black leggings. He reminded me of Ghost when I first met him (when he first joined MIW).
I smiled at him slightly.
'I'm Tommy. I'm Angelo's mum.' He pulled me in for a hug. It took me a second to respond, slightly shocked at the fact that I was being hugged by a complete stranger.
'Mum...' Angelo whined. 'You're freaking her out.'
He chuckled, pulling away, before reaching up to pinch Angelo's cheeks.
'My baby...all grown up with a mate... Just wait until Sam is mated; I'll be so heart-broken...' Angelo pulled away from his mum's grip, blushing. He pulled me back against his chest, using me as a "human" shield.
'Mum, Sam doesn't even live with you anymore; he's just turned 17.' Tommy nodded sadly.
'I know, but...still. You two were my babies. You still are... You have this to look forward to, Maddie; being the queen, having children AND a husband to look after, with no help. AND a massive bed, where you can...you know...' He winked and Angelo's eyes widened, while I blushed.
'Mum!' Angelo exclaimed, embarrassed.
'What?’ He chuckled at his son’s rosy cheeks. ‘I'll see you guys later. Bye son...' He kissed Angelo's cheek.
'Bye Maddie.' He kissed my cheek, before skipping over to his mate.
Michael gave us a stern look, before pulling Tommy over to the shadows and disappearing, their guards following soon after.
'I left your stuff in the kitchen.' Chris told us awkwardly.
'Thank you.' I said, smiling gratefully.
Ricky shook his head. 'S'fine. I'm afraid I have to go now...' He said, checking his phone.
'The boss- sorry- Alyssa wants me home.' We chuckled. We all knew who the “boss” was in Alyssa and Ricky’s relationship.
The guys all nodded, using the same excuse to leave (except Chris, but he left anyway, wanting to give us privacy).
Angelo collapsed onto the sofa and I took a seat beside him.
'I'm sorry.' I whispered, hugging him.
'For what?' He asked, looking me in the eyes.
'It's my fault you broke the law. It's my fault you're in trouble with your dad-'
'How's it your fault?' He asked, stroking my cheek.
'If I hadn't been stupid enough to be kidnapped-'
'It wasn't your fault.' He sighed. 'I shouldn't have stormed off. You and Chris... I shouldn't have been so selfish.' I hugged then kissed him.
'It's alright.' I whispered, seeing his beautiful grey eyes well up. I wiped away his tears with my thumb, before kissing him again.
'Shit.' He muttered, blinking several times to rid his eyes of the tears.
I shook my head smiling.
'I like the fact that you cry...well I don't like it, but it shows me that you have feelings. It's sweet.' I kissed his cheek, before running into the kitchen.
'We're not playing hide-and-seek again, are we?' He chuckled.
'Nope. I'm going to unpack-'
'No.' He took the case out of my hands. 'You're not.' He spun me around.
'Why not?' I tried to hide my smirk.
He kissed me, backing me against the counter. I wrapped my arms around his neck, but he pulled away.
I pouted. 'What was that for?'
'You fed earlier. I, however, did not.' He kissed me again, trailing the kissed down to my neck.
He nuzzled around the pulse on my neck, before biting down.
I gasped. This didn't feel anything like it did when I was human. It felt more...enjoyable. Pleasurable.
He lifted me up and sat me on the counter, not once removing his fangs from my neck.
This honestly felt so good. It was making me pant.
I was also trying to suppress a moan. Angelo chuckled.
"Now you know how I feel when you feed from me." He said mentally.
I groaned in response, eyeing the time on the clock.
'It's...eleven...o'clock...Ange...' I muttered between breaths.
"And?" He asked mentally.
'We...have the council...meeting...tomorrow morning...at nine...' I answered.
Angelo shrugged, before transporting us into the bedroom, his fangs still attached to my neck.
I was beginning to feel weaker, like I was losing energy.
Angelo finally stopped drinking and pulled away, wiping his mouth with his hands and licking his fingers.
'Your blood tastes more amazing than before...' He kissed me with my blood on his lips.
I nodded slightly, trying not to fall asleep.
'Sleep, love. I'll change you.' He whispered, kissing my cheek and lifting the grey Avenged Sevenfold T-shirt from the bedside table.
He crawled behind me, my head leaning against his chest as he lifted my arms and pulled my shirt off. Usually, I'd be self-conscious and embarrassed, but right now; I was too sleepy to care.
Angelo pulled my shoes and jeans off of me, before changing himself and getting under the covers. I curled into him, falling asleep almost immediately.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thank you.
So.
Friggin'.
Much.
You are my inspirations to continue this story; I'd usually have stopped after the 3rd/4th chapter, but with the amount of readers (over 140!), subscibers (4-fucking-5!) and recommenders (14!), I couldn't, so...yeah:)
Thank you EVERYONE! I'm not going to pester you all to comment today, as I am in such a good mood:) The only downer is that I lost a subscriber :( but 45 is still awesome:)
Thank you for all the comments I have recieved; from jean123, Blyth, Corey Lee, jellostix and LonesomeGhostss, who was my first EVER commenter that wasn't Blyth! YAY!
Thanks for reading;) Love y'all
Midnight.Moments
xx