Status: In Progress. The more feedback I get, the more frequent updates will be.:)

Fade Away

Chapter 16

16.

I was standing outside a big, old building. It was very grand and beautiful. It looked like a castle out of a Disney movie. There were many people around me, watching the middle of the town square. I crept to the front of the crowd and immediately gasped.
Angelo’s head was placed in a guillotine and the man from the council was holding a giant axe.
I looked to the ground and Tommy and Michael’s heads were lying, disconnected from their bodies, making my eyes well up with tears.
I ran over to my mate, immediately trying to set him free. I screamed in frustration when my attempts were fruitless.
‘Help me! Please!’ I cried to no one in particular, anyone willing to listen, with tears rolling down my face at a steady pace.
My attention then turned to the woman standing beside Council Man.
It was me. An older version of me. 'I’ was standing, watching my mate being executed. AND ‘I’ was SMILING.
I was horrified. Why was the other me not helping my mate?! I attempted to smack her cheek but my hand went straight through her head, like I was made of fog or air.
I tried screaming at her again but she ignored me.
I tried to kiss Ange’s cheek but he didn’t seem phased. Trying to hold back tears, I ran to the back of the crowd, refusing to look.
An animal-like cry of pain erupted into the air, before a thud sounded. I tensed up, wiping the tear streaks from my face. This...was my hell...my own, personal hell. The crowd began to talk, shock evident on their faces.
I slowly turned around, gasping when I saw-

‘Maddie!’ Angelo yelled, shaking me.
I jumped, panting, sweat covered my whole body as well as tears.
Angelo immediately pulled me in for a hug, murmuring words of comfort and rubbing my back.
I kissed him, thankful that it wasn’t real. It was a dream. I was in my bedroom, in Angelo’s arms.
He pulled away slowly. ‘What’s wrong?’
I sniffled, wiping my tears away. Damn! Being fertile made your hormone level all weird, so I'll basically be acting like I've got a permanent period for the rest of my vampire life.
‘I had a nightmare...’ I whispered, hugging myself tighter against his bare chest.
‘Do you want to talk about it?’ He whispered, stroking my hair.
I let out a shaky sigh. He’d find out eventually, via our connection.
‘We-well I was at this place. It looked like a palace out of a Disney movie. I was in...like a town square...and I was in a crowd of people. I walked to the front and you were...’ A new set of tears erupted from my eyes.
Angelo kissed me and wiped my eyes lightly.
‘The council guy...he was an executioner...he was going to kill you...he cut your head off!’ I cried.
Angelo pulled me closer and I immediately began to relax. He bit into his wrist, making specks of blood appear.
‘What’re you doing?’ I asked him.
‘Drink.’ He encouraged, pushing his wrist against my lips.
I sniffed, before drinking from his wrist. Slowly, my sadness left my system. I wasn’t happy, but I wasn’t as sad as I was before.
I pulled away and Angelo wiped the blood off of my chin with his thumb. He offered it and I licked the blood.
‘Better?’ He whispered, smiling softly.
I nodded. ‘Yeah...what did-‘
‘Your mates’ blood doesn’t just fill you up; it’s also like...an emotional pain killer. That’s a bad way to put it, but it’s the only way I can think of at 7:30 in the morning.’ He chuckled. I smiled at him.
‘Thank you.’ I whispered. He nodded slightly.
I cupped his cheek and he leant into my touch.
‘I’m gonna have to get used to you having cold skin, now.’ He put his hand on top of mine. I moved slightly, so that I was sitting on his lap. He leant down and kissed me. I moved my hands around his neck, entangling my fingers in his already messy hair. His hands moved around my body and chest, before finally resting on his hips.
I nibbled on his lip and he let out a low growl, making me chuckle. I pulled myself closer to him, so our chests were touching and I wrapped my legs around his waist. I groaned when he began pushing his hips against mine, grinding them, kissing down my neck. His hands began to explore under my shirt and I was kinda thankful that I wear bras to bed.
He moved to remove my shirt, but stopped. He looked at me for approval. Do I want to do this? I found myself nodding and he pulled my nightshirt off...

-A Few Hours Later-

I pulled Angelo’s grey Alesana shirt over my head, before joining Angelo in the kitchen.
‘I made you some bacon and sausages, I know you don’t like eggs...’ he handed me a plate, before sitting at the table with his own plate.
‘Thank you.’ I kissed his cheek, before taking the seat opposite him.
‘D’you not want to sit beside me?’ He joked. I shook my head at him.
‘I want to talk to you face-to-face, not face-to-cheek.’ I told him, trying to hide my pain.
He frowned. ‘I-I’m sorry-‘
‘Don’t be sorry. I knew it was going to hurt...that’s why I was saving it for... someone special...’ I trailed off, not wanting him to realize that I had basically been in love with him for years.
He smiled lovingly at me. ‘I love you.’ He told me. There was something different about the way he said it. Like...he was afraid to lose me and he had to prove how much he loved me. I smiled at him, taking his hand after wiping the grease on my bare legs. ‘I love you too...Are the guys coming to see us today?’ I asked him, lifting a piece of bacon. He appeared in the seat next to me, catching me when I jumped.
He ate the bacon that was in my hand. I pouted. ‘That was my last piece.’ He smirked, before pressing his lips against mine and attempting to shove the bacon in my mouth with his tongue. I pulled away almost immediately.
‘Ew Ange. No. That’s mingin’ (disgusting). I love you an’ all, but I'm not...no.’ He laughed, shaking his head at me.
‘Why do you still use those Irish slang words? You haven’t lived there since you were 6.’ He asked, pulling me against his chest. I leaned my head against his chest and he rested his chin on my head.
‘Dunno. It might be because I grew up with Camille. She used most of those “slang words”. The rest would probably be because most of my family are Irish.’ I said absentmindedly.
I began to trace his tattoos on his neck and shoulders. ‘Your hands are cold.’ He murmured, his face buried in my hair.
‘I was always cold. Even when I was a human...Half-human...whatever...’ He shook his head.
‘Your vampirism was probably the reason why you were cold.’ He kissed my cheek, before standing up and lifting me bridal style.
‘What’re you- ahh!’ He twirled us around in circles, before throwing me on the sofa. He grinned wolfishly at me and I smirked back.
‘I have to put some trousers (or pants) on-‘
‘No you don’t. You look WAY better without any of your clothes...’ He smirked at my blush.
‘Are the guys coming here today?’ I asked him again, remembering that I didn’t receive an answer previously, as well as trying to hide my blush.
He nodded. ‘Oh yeah! You got a letter. I left it on the table, beside the door.’
I chuckled. ‘When was I supposed to receive this letter? A month ago?’ I joked.
‘Nope. 3 and half weeks, actually.’ He corrected.
I shook my head, standing up and walked towards the table. I returned with the letter in my hand, taking a seat beside Angelo.
‘What’s it say? What’s it say?’ Angelo asked excitedly.
‘I don’t know, I haven’t read it yet.’ I answered, tearing it open.
I pulled the letter out of the envelop and passed it to Ange. I began to read;

Dear Maddie,
You may not remember me, but I am your cousin, Jazmin. We met when we were around 10, but I remember it like it were yesterday.
Anyway, I just wanted to tell you that your mum, Camille, said it was OK for my boyfriend and I to stay at yours for a couple of days, as he had work over on your side of the states and we decided to visit. We will be arriving around 15th/16th March.

I look forward to seeing you again (and your new boyfriend aunt Camille was telling me about!)

Love Jazmin
xx

I looked over at Ange, who was still reading over my shoulder.
‘Whose she? I’ve never heard of her.’ He asked when he finished.
‘I vaguely remember her. We were around 10 or 11 when we met, like she said. I haven’t seen her since. All I remember is that she’s a few months younger than me.’ I told him, staring off into space.
‘What date is it?’ He asked randomly, resting his chin on my shoulder. I leant my head against his.
‘The...sixteenth...of March...’ I trailed off. ‘They weren’t here yesterday, so they’ll be arriving today.’ I stated, jumping up and running up the stairs.
‘You really need to teach me how to use the shadows.’ I murmured, layering my eyes with a thick coat of black eyeliner.
He chuckled. ‘I could...’ he kissed my cheek. ‘But its more amusing to annoy you...But...you could do a few things for me...’ He smirked at the scowl I sent in his direction.
‘You’re so annoying.’ I muttered, rolling my eyes.
‘And I love you.’ He smiled and I couldn’t help but smile back.
‘Love you too.’ I bent down to retrieve my black and white Marilyn Manson shirt and Angelo thought it would be a good idea to slap my ass. I glared at him playfully, as he grinned wolfishly at me.
I pulled Angelo’s shirt off and pulled on the new shirt, after spraying some deodorant. Ange scanned my body the whole time.
I bit my lip. I don’t really like people staring at my body. I know I'm fat-
‘You aren’t fat. I was staring at you because you’re beautiful. You have curves that fertiles would KILL for...’ He watched me pull up my jeans and I sat down on the bed.
I smiled shyly at him. ‘Thanks...Erm...Are you not changing?’
He shook his head, smiling at my blush.
‘No...The guys were wanting to come see us today. Well, Chris. Megan is STILL ignoring him. Strange thing is; neither of them are sick. You know the way both doms and fertiles get sick when they aren’t shown affection or feed from each other? They haven’t fed from each other and they both seem fine.’
I frowned. That was strange. I sat on Ange’s lap, kissing him. He wrapped his arms around my waist and I wrapped mine around his neck, pulling him closer.
‘Want to feed again?’ He chuckled as I nuzzled his neck.
‘Mmhmm...’ I hummed in response, before piercing his skin with my fangs. His breathing hitched and he pushed my head closer to his neck. Just as I finished, the doorbell rang.
I wiped my chin, licking the blood off of Angelo’s neck, making him shudder slightly. I chuckled, purposely pricking my finger on my fang, making droplets of blood form on my fingertip.
Angelo stared longingly at the red liquid, biting his lip. Almost immediately, he pushed me against the wall and beginning to drink from my neck.
‘Wow! They’re a bit busy in here!’ Alyssa and Ricky chuckled at Angelo’s blushing cheeks.
‘There’s some chick called...Jazmin? She said she’s your cousin...do we let her in?’ Alyssa asked as Angelo kissed my cheek before following Ricky downstairs.
I nodded. Let’s do this.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hello:)
School is a bitch. Homework is a...prick...yeah. That's all I'm going to say.
Anyway, thank you 46 subscribers and 15 recommenders:) I'd list you all, but I'm updating on my iPod, so it'd take forever.
Thank you Blyth and Coco for commenting:) means a lot
BTW that's as "graphic" as I'll write sex parts. I know it's not graphic or detailed, but...yeah... I get awkward and just...Nah it's not really my thing.
And I'm tired:(
Subscribe/Recommend
Love ya;)
Midnight.Moments
xx