Status: In Progress. The more feedback I get, the more frequent updates will be.:)

Fade Away

Chapter 19

19.

'Go to sleep, Angie.' I whispered, stroking his cheek. He smiled tiredly up at me from my lap. 
He finally stopped fighting sleep and closed his eyes. I felt bad for using Julie's, Kylie's witch friend, sleeping potion, but my mate refused to if I didn't. 
I slowly stood up, laying his head onto the pillow where I had been sitting previously. 
I kissed his lips softly, before making my way to Angelo's study. 
I locked the door behind me, before turning to the group of people who were all quietly conversing amongst each other. 
'He asleep yet?' Brandon asked. I nodded. I hated keeping things from him but he might accidentally pass it on to whoever it was that cursed him. 
Julie put her hand on my shoulder. 
'We'll have him cured in no time. I just need your help.' She said, her dark eyes sparkling in the candlelit room. 
I smiled weakly. I hadn't had any blood from my mate in case he goes off on one again and tries to kill me. 
Ricky smiled sympathetically at me. 
'You need to feed. It's been days-' Chris began. I shook my head. 
'I'll be fine.' I said, not really believing it myself. 
'You need to feed. Even if it's from one of us. It won't taste as good as your mate's, but it's the best alternative, since you won't drink from him.' Ghost said worriedly.
'You can drink from me.' Chris offered. 
'I think we all know that Megan isn't my mate. It won't do any harm, it'll just-'
'It' nice of you to offer, Chris, but-'
'I think it's a good idea.' Julie cut me off. I squirmed uncomfortably. Angelo wouldn't want me to drink from any dom other than him, especially Chris. Angelo still held a small grudge against Chris after the whole "kissing-that-lead-to-me-being-kidnapped" thing.  But I didn't want to drink from Angelo. He was under a curse and, although I loved him, I didn't want to drink from my unconscious mate- it just didn't feel right. 
'We'll leave you two.' Ricky said and they piled out of the room. 
I looked nervously at Chris when the door clicked shut. 
'I know you don't want to, but you need to feed.' He sighed, taking a seat on Angelo's chair. I clenched my jaw. Angelo only let me sit on his chair. I felt tears well in my eyes but I blinked a few times to get rid of them. 
He opened his arms for me to sit on his lap and I sat down hesitantly. He turned his head to the side and I felt a new set of tears form. Just as I was about to sink my fangs into his neck, the door slammed open. 
'What are you doing?!' Angelo growled. I couldn't hold the tears anymore and jumped off of Chris' lap, into Angelo's arms. 
He held me tightly, glaring at Chris, who stood up, walking towards us. 
Angelo kissed my head, before pushing me behind him. 
'I thought I told you to leave MY mate ALONE!' Angelo shoved Chris backwards, making him trip over a few dirty rag and fall onto the floor. 
'Angelo!' I grabbed his arm but wasn't able to do anything due to my lack of strength. They continued fighting, punching and clawing at each other and I watched, helplessly. This wasn't what I wanted. 
'ANGELO!' I cried, collapsing onto the floor. They stopped and Angelo looked at me, guilt covering his beautiful features. I shakily stood up and ran out of the room, heading for our bedroom. I locked the door and collapsed onto the bed, sobbing loudly. I didn't want them to fight. They'd end up making me choose sides. A decision I don't want to have to make; my best friend or my mate. 
'I'm sorry...' Angelo whispered in my ear, lifting me onto his lap. Unable to fight him, I snuggled into his chest, nuzzling his neck, the tears still making their way down my cheeks. 
'I didn't mean to upset you. I love you...' He whispered. 
'Ya know, I haven't fed in a while...' He smiled hopefully. My eyes widened slightly. Crap! I can't let him taste my blood or he'll try to kill me again. 
'N-no...I wanna drink from you...' I said quickly. He raised his eyebrow, but moved his long dark hair away from his neck. Crap! I did NOT think this through. He might kill me-
'Are you going to drink or not?' He chuckled. I smiled uncertainly, before sinking my fangs into his flesh. He groaned quietly. I had forgotten how good his blood tasted. I swished his blood around my mouth, savouring the taste. 
He pushed my head closer to his neck, breathing heavily.
I tried not to take too much, but couldn't help myself; his blood tasted amazing.
I finally pulled away, licking the blood from my lips. He smiled softly.
'My turn-'
'Sorry Angie, I need to make dinner. Later. I promise.' I wiped away tears as I walked out the door, ignoring Angelo. He was asking if I was okay. I couldn't tell him the truth; I'd end up spilling everything.
'Help me.' I whispered to Julie. She sighed.
'I'll try to hurry up the process, but I can't guarantee that it'll work properly.' She smiled sympathetically.
'Hi, love.' Angelo wrapped his arms around my waist from behind, kissing my cheek. I glanced at Julie, but returned the greeting.
We need to hurry up. Seriously. Jazmin walked into the kitchen, just as I began to chop the potatoes into chips (or french fries, for my American readers(:).
'Need any help?' I shook my head, just as Jason walked into the room.
'No thanks. Ange, can you lift out the burger baps from the freezer?' I asked him, putting the meat into the pan to cook. He nodded and lifted out the baps.
'Microwave?'
'Yep.' I flicked my fringe out of my eyes.
After dinner, I followed the guys into the study, but was stopped by my mate.
'What're you guys doing in there that I'm not allowed to know about?' He asked, pulling me against his chest. I shrugged.
'Can't tell you. They'll kill me and I won't be a very good blood bank dead.' I joked, kissing his lips. He kissed back and began to nibble on my bottom lip a little harshly. His fangs dug into my lip and blood began to emerge. Shit! I pulled away immediately as his eyes went red. He raised his hand to slap me, but his eyes turned blank and he fell forwards. I gasped, looking at my saviour; Jazmin. My eyes widened.
'You're the witch!' I breathed, before taking a hold of Angelo's hand and dragging him into the shadows, trying to remember what Angelo had taught me. Concentrate. Think of where you want to go. The study.
Close your eyes. Closed.
Go.
I opened my eyes and we were in the study. All the guys looked at me as I weakly dragged Angelo to the table in the centre of the room.
'It's Jazmin. She's a witch!' (Haha!)
♠ ♠ ♠
'Ello:) One question. Where'd all my commenters go??:(
It makes me sad that you only commented on one chapter, just because I said I'd unpost it. I'm now having the same thoughts.
Anywayyyy thank you to the 3 new subscibers and 2 new recommenders, which brings us to 53 subscribers and 17 recommends!! Yay!! And thank you to those who DID bother to comment: Undead.creatures, jazminnunez and SayaRae1996 <3 your comments are appreciated (and keeping the story going!!)
The lovely Recommenders: H.L.A, happyamanda, Escape_This_Fate, TheRockshowChick, jazminnunez, emogurl1991, swscoco, jellostix, Corey Lee, yeahsocows, Chester_420, Flood, ChelsiiMorticia, Eli_666, bloodloss and...Blyth:)
Love y'all Subscribe/Recommend
Midnight.Moments
xx