Status: In Progress. The more feedback I get, the more frequent updates will be.:)

Fade Away

Chapter 20

'Maddie?' I slowly opened my eyes, meeting the pale blue eyes of my mate.
I sighed tiredly, blinking a few times. My eyes scanned the room and saw that we were still in the study. The guys and Alyssa were all asleep on the floor in sleeping bags, while I was just cuddled into Angelo's side on the sofa that was in the far corner.
'What time is it?' I whispered.
He shrugged slightly. '9 maybe? I dunno.' I stared at him cautiously.
'Ange?' He looked at me expectantly.
'Wh- Is there...some kind of...witchcraft on this room...that prevents...magical beings from entering it?' I asked him, trying to find the right words. I had begun to wonder why Jazmin was unable to follow me into the office and the only connection I could find was her magic.
He frowned. 'Why do you ask?'
I shrugged, trying to think of an excuse that he would buy.
'Just wondering.' I answered shortly, my eyes trained on his.
He sighed. 'Yeah...My dad's friend put a spell on this house like two hundred years ago to prevent magical beings from attacking the residents, as this house belonged to my parents before they moved into the castle. But one day, I think it was like seventeen years ago, my dad made a mistake. A big mistake...' He trailed off, sitting up.
I sat up too, watching him curiously.
'He err...He "accidentally" killed the king of magical beings' sister-in-law. The king brushed it off as an accident, but her husband, the king's brother, he wanted revenge. He burnt the house, thinking that my parents still lived here. The only room that wasn't burnt was...'
'The study.' I finished. He nodded, biting his lip before continuing.
'The king's brother, James I think,...he said that my dad would pay for his mistake and if he didn't, his son would.'
I frowned at the slightly depressing story.
'Did your daddy...know who she was, or...'
He nodded slowly. 'He always tells me he didn't, but I know he did.'
I hadn't expected to get a whole story out of asking if there was witchcraft on the room.
He sighed and pulled me into his lap, running his fingers through my hair.
I leant my head back against his chest.
'Why did you ask? And don't lie, I'll read your mind if I have to.' He said.
'I...I think my cousin's a witch. And she, for some reason, can't enter this room.' I said, leaving out the part about our suspicions over what she had done.
He frowned. 'What-'
I pressed my lips against his, in an attempt to silence him.
'Shhh...' He sighed, before asking quietly.
'Can I feed?' He whispered, looking into my eyes.
I couldn't resist those puppy eyes and the sadness in his voice over his last attempt to drink from me. I was torn. I shouldn't, because my blood could trigger the spell to make him murderous towards me, but I wanted to; he's my mate. I love him. I want to make him happy. It's my job as his mate to make him happy. He's my life.
He looked away. 'You're ashamed.' He stated.
'What?' I asked him, completely confused.
'You like Chris. You want him to be your mate instead of me. Just like Kylie was in love with Devin.' He pushed me off of him and stormed outside.
Not again...
I quickly stood up and followed him out of the safety of the study and into the hallways, down the stairs and to the front door.
When I reached the front porch, I had to stop myself from running forward.
Jazmin was tied to the tree at the end of the garden and, more importantly, Angelo was held tightly against Jason's chest, a knife hovering over his heart.
I frowned when Council Guy walked out from behind me. 'What're you- Ahh!' I cried out as he dug a dagger into my stomach.
My breath hitched as I fell to my knees, clutching my stomach as he pulled it out.
Angelo immediately began to fight against Jason's hold, but he suddenly stopped and fell forwards, face-planting the grass.
'No...' I whispered weakly. Black spots began to cloud my vision as I fell sideways against the wall.
'That's what you get, you fuckin' leech!' Jason yelled, kicking Angelo's side
Tears continued to roll down my cheeks and it was becoming increasingly difficult to keep my eyes open.
'Jason...leave him. It's the girl we came for... Maybe we should use HIM to finish her off. Save us from having blood on our hands. Plus, he'll probably kill himself when he finds out that he was the one who killed his precious mate.' Council Guy smirked as my breaths become more and more shallow.
He clicked his fingers and Angelo stood up, taking the dagger from Jason's out-stretched hand and approached me. I closed my eyes for the last time, whispering a quiet 'I love you' to Angelo, before letting go.

-Angelo's P.O.V.-

I heard one of them snap their fingers and I stood up, taking the dagger from Jason's out-stretched arm.
I approached Maddie slowly, trying not to raise any suspicions from my "puppet masters".
She finally closed her eyes and her breaths stopped.
I would have to act quickly.
I bent down, cupping her face, before using the dagger to slit my wrist and held it against her mouth.
The blood ran over her mouth, but the majority of it ran down her throat.
'What're you doing?!' Jason's dad yelled, yanking me back by my hair.
I smirked when I heard her taking small breaths.
'You motherfucker!' He punched my jaw and shoved me against the tree, beside Jazmin.
I glanced in her direction. I hope Maddie was right.
I began to untie her quickly, feeling guilty at using my sick mate as a distraction, but Jazmin was our only hope.
She smiled slightly. 'Thank you.'
'Please. You need to help me.' I whispered desperately.
She nodded slowly and closed her eyes, muttering words in another language that I recognised as Latin.
Jason and his dad froze and fell backwards. A rope pulled them against the tree and held them securely against it.
I returned to Maddie's side, pulling her onto my lap. 'Mads?'
Her eyes fluttered slightly but didn't open. I pressed my lips against hers softly.
'Hello you.' She whispered hoarsely. I pressed my forehead against hers.
'Hey.' She glanced behind me and tensed up.
I turned and noticed Jazmin standing there awkwardly.
'She helped us.' I whispered, brushing my tattooed knuckles against her pale cheek. She closed her eyes tightly before thanking Jazmin quietly, who just nodded, saying that it was nothing.
'What happened out here?' Balz asked, appearing in the doorway.
'Don't ask.' I muttered, glancing at the two men tied to the tree at the end of my yard.
'Wasn't going to.' Chris chuckled, walking over to us.
Alyssa ran over to us, asking a bunch of questions.
'Calm down, Lyss.' Ricky wrapped his arms around her waist from behind her and she went quiet.
'Well... I'm sorry for all the shit that I- we caused. I'll go back to California tonight-'
'No!' Chris protested. Maddie smirked, sitting up and leaning against my chest for support.
'Chris?' Jazmin turned to him curiously.
'I...I think you're my mate.' Chris stuttered.
She looked astonished. 'Err... Is he joking?' She mumbled under her breath.
'No. I'm not joking.' Chris said, looking slightly offended.
'Right, err... So I HAVE to stay?'
Chris nodded. 'Well yeah. That's kinda the point of being a mate.' He said sarcastically.
'Ok.' She said quietly. He looked at her surprised.
'Seriously?'
She nodded, a smile beginning to cover her features.
Chris grinned and lifted her into his arms, swinging her in circles. She giggled childishly.
'Let's leave them to it.' Maddie whispered to me, kissing my jaw and standing up, offering me a hand to stand up. I followed her into the kitchen.
Well this was an interesting day...
♠ ♠ ♠
A big thank you to the recommenders: Blood Rayne, Undead.creatures, bloodloss, piercethehotpockets, Eli_666, ChelsiiMorticia, Flood, Chester_420, yeahsocows, Corey Lee, Missing Child, jellostix, swscoco, lilzerna, Magician'sOldTrick, emogurl1991, jazminnunez, TheRockshowChick, Escape_This_Fate, happyamanda, H.L.A and ilikewalls.
And a big thank you to piercethehotpockets and Candyland horror for being the only two readers to comment. By the way, the big wait was because of the lack of commenters on top of the amount of school work I have had to do.
Midnight.Moments
xx