Status: In Progress. The more feedback I get, the more frequent updates will be.:)

Fade Away

Chapter 21:)

21.

Chapter 20-something

'Mr Parente...' The king sighed. 'I offer you my greatest apologies for my brother and his son's actions.' He said, glaring at his brother, who had his head hung low in shame.

Angelo clenched his jaw and I squeezed his arm as a sign of comfort, as well as an attempt to stop what would happen if he was the one to throw the first punch. I don't think I could bare watching or feeling the pain being inflicted on my mate when he would be punished again.
Michael raised his eyebrow slightly, tilting his jaw upwards, to show he had the upper hand, staring down at the kneeling king before him.

'Well...' He started. 'We will...let this...situation slide, for the sake of the peace between our kinds and to prevent anymore problems for my son and his mate when they take my and my mate's place.'

I let out a sigh of relief, although I was slightly worried. Angelo and I were going to be ruling the vampire kind. That's a lot of responsibility to put on two teenagers who have only discovered that they love each other.

'Their coronation is in a few weeks, when the bells of the new year chime. Would you like to join us?' Michael said, trying to sound old fashioned, which made Angelo and Tommy snicker quietly. I bit my lip to prevent the giggle that was desperate to escape my lips.

The old king nodded. In all honesty, he could pass as Dumbledore in Harry Potter- he had a long white beard and long white hair. He was wearing a floor-length blue, sparkly robe, concealing his bare feet. He wore small glasses and a small dark blue hat. Yep, definitely could pass as Michael Gambon. The fact that he had a slight southern Irish accent didn't really help his case.

'I accept your offer. Thank you, sir.' He turned his attention to his snickering nephew. He had handcuffs wrapped securely around his wrists and he, along with his dad, was standing infront of Angelo and I.
'Such a shame. You were such a bright child...'

I glanced down at Jason's hands when I noticed movement. He had clicked his fingers. His handcuffs snapped open. I tensed up and leaned into Angelo's side more.

'What's wrong?' He whispered into my hair. I looked up at him, ignoring the two rulers' conversation.

'He...Jason's got his cuffs undone.' I whispered nervously.

Angelo looked over at Jason and immediately began to walk towards Jason, leaving me behind.
Just when Angelo was about to grab Jason's arms, he flew backwards against the wall, unconscious. I gasped, my eyes widening. I immediately began to run towards him but an invisible force bound my feet to the spot I was in. I glared at Jason who was, along with his dad, throwing random spells at the rulers and guards.
I unlaced my black converse and pulled my feet out of the shoes, but as soon as I placed my feet on the ground again, they were, once again, glued to the floor.
I look at my mate desperately, eyes widening when I saw Megan walk out of the shadows and towards Angelo, a sick grin on her face.

'I tried so hard, ya know, Mads. So. Fucking. Hard.' She said through clenched teeth. She sighed, nudging Angelo's head with her foot.

I stopped struggling. 'What do you mean?' I asked curiously.

She turned to me, eyes narrowed to slits.
'I tried so hard....to get rid of YOU...I convinced Camille to take you to Ireland. Mixed your name and Kylie's, so that you wouldn't realise that Angelo was your real mate. Hell! I hired a fucking HUMAN hunter to kill you. But you just. Wouldn't. Die.' She appeared in front of me.
'I may be a fertile...but I'm way stronger than you. You aren't even a proper fertile. You had to be changed!' She kicked my leg and I cried out in pain, but I didn't move, not wanting to face-plant the ground, at her feet.

She smirked. 'Maybe...yeah, it'll be more fun.' She stepped over to Angelo and sat on her knees beside him. She moved her face closer and closer to his face and I felt anger course through my veins. He's MY mate! A spell hit the ground beside me, igniting a wild, purple fire.
I growled lowly when she kissed my unconscious counterpart.

'Megan!' I yelled. She pulled away slowly.

'Now...he'll choke.' She smirked when he began to choke violently, blood and vomit building up in his mouth and running down his chin. I desperately tried to move when Megan began to kick and punch him, her high-heels leaving marks on his arms and legs, before walking over to me.

'Mmm...I think I'll just-' she threw me backwards, into the back wall at such a great force, that I heard something crack as I slid down the wall. She waved, smirking, before disappearing into the shadows.
It was then that I noticed the fire that was surrounding the bodies that littered the floor of the sitting room of our house.
I moved my head slightly and smiled weakly when I saw my mate. I began to drag myself towards him. I leant my back against the wall and put Angelo's head on my lap. His eyes fluttered before looking up at me, pain evident in them.
He glanced around and his eyes widened.
He tried to sit up, wincing.
'C'mon, we need to- ah!' He yelped in pain as he collapsed against the wall from his attempt to stand up.
I shook my head, smiling weakly. 'I can't move my legs, Ange.' I said quietly.
His frown was, quickly, replaced with a determined expression.
He stood up and leaned down to lift me into his arms. I wrapped my arms around his neck as he carried me out of the room and out of the house, wincing when he put weight on his left foot.
He sighed when he sat me on the grass and collapsed down beside me.
'Where's your parents?' I asked him after a few minutes.
Tears filled his eyes and his bottom lip trembled, causing tears to well in my eyes, as we stared at the house that was completely consumed in flames, when an explosion sounded. I hated being helpless but I couldn't even move my legs, never mind walk on them to offer any assistance. My right leg was covered in burns and scratches and I couldn't move it at all. A searing pain was also occurring in my pelvic area, as well as the blood flowing from in between my legs (not from my period, as fertiles only have them once a year and I already had it a few weeks ago).
'Angelo!' Tommy limped out of the house with tears in his eyes. Angelo's eyes lit up and tried to stand, but gave up when his attempts proved fruitless.
'Your....your dad-' Black tears erupted from his eyes at an even faster pace than before, pulling us both into a hug.

I remained silent, not wanting to voice my pain, as it was the least of our worries. The kings of both magic AND vampires had just been murdered. Tommy screamed in pain, obviously feeling his mate's body being burnt or something of the sort. After a few minutes, he stopped and just cried into my shoulder. I tried to comfort him the best I could and it wasn't difficult, as the only type of vampire that can comfort a fertile that isn't their mate is another fertile.
A short while later, Lester showed up and immediately ran to our side and pulled Tommy out of his way. My eyelids grew heavy as the pain in my stomach and pelvis seemed to increase, and, with one more deep breath, I blacked out.

~Later~

'Welcome back, Miss!' Lester smiled.
'That was a close call-'

'Where's Angelo?' I cut him off. His smile faltered slightly, but never left his face.

'He's next door. D'you want me to wheel him in?'

WHEEL him in? I nodded, pushing myself up the bed.
He disappeared before returning with Angelo, who was....in a wheelchair. My eyes widened, fearing the worst.

'He's fine. Just fractured both ankles and dis-located his knee cap.' Lester smiled reassuringly, even though my and my mate's attention was on each other.
I nodded a few seconds later, sighing in relief.
'He's fine. Wish I could say the same for you, though.' Lester's smile nearly disappeared, but was replaced by a sympathetic, half-smile.

'What-what's wrong with me?' I whispered hoarsely.

'You've broken your pelvis in three places, Mads.' Angelo said gravely, looking up at me with pained eyes.

'I-I'm okay though, right? It's just my right leg and ankle that won't-'

'Your leg is fine. Just a few torn ligaments in your ankle. But...your stomach....your womb, to be specific...'

My breath caught in my throat, before asking. 'What about it?'

'Your son was critically injured. He's in theatre, next door.'

My eyes widened. Son?!
♠ ♠ ♠
Hello, my dear readers. The reason that I have not updated in so long is this- I told you all that I would slow down updates if I received little to no feedback. Plus I've had a shit-ton of homework to do and a French oral and.... Anyway! Thankfully, I received 5 comments for the last chapter, from Codikins5, XxMIWFANXx, Candyland horror, TheRockshowChick and Blyth, so I thank you all for your comments:)
And I also thank you, new recommenders:)- Heart Like A Piston, horrorx_, XxMIWFANXx, OceansAndCoffins and RogueInsanity:)
And holy shit! 26 recs?! 70 subs?! 224 readers?! Thank you:)
So yeah...this story is going to end in like one chapter, so... I haven't really thought of making a sequel but if I'm asked to, I will consider it:)
Thank you (for continuing to read my shitty story)
Love y'all<3:)
Midnight.Moments
xx