Opposites Always Attract

Every Sinner has a Future

“Shhh…it’s ok, baby,” Ember cooed as she picked up Tristan from his crib. She got him quieted down and set him back in his crib so she could warm-up his bottle. She was in the middle of heating it up when she heard the doorbell ring. She groaned to herself and hoped it wasn’t her mother because she was nowhere near ready for their Christmas to start.

As soon as she opened the door though, she wished it was her mother. Standing in front of her was the man she hadn’t seen since the week before when they’d gotten into a screaming match.

“Hi, I came by to see my son,” Loki said and then paused to clear his throat. “Um, Thor said you uhh moved. He gave me your new address.”

Ember rolled her eyes. “Thor is worse than a little girl at keeping secrets.”

“He’s always been terrible at it.” Loki cracked a smile. “So is it alright if I come in and see him?”

“Tristan.”

“I’m sorry?” Loki asked with confusion.

“Our son’s name is Tristan,” Ember softly said.

“Tristan. I like that name,” Loki smiled.

“Come on in. I’ll go get him.” Ember said before she walked into Tristan’s room to pick him up and bring him back out to meet his father. “He looks like you.”

Loki’s face brightened as Ember and Tristan came into view. He reached out his arms to grab the baby but fumbled around unsure of how to hold him.

“Here, like this,” Ember said as she adjusted Loki’s arms into the correct position.

“He’s beautiful,” Loki said with amazement. “You were wrong about him looking like me though. Sure, he has my hair but thankfully his face looks more like yours.”

“Hopefully he’ll act like me too,” Ember muttered.

“Where did we go wrong?” Loki sighed.

“I’m pretty sure our relationship was doomed from the start considering who we are,” Ember answered. “You did lie to me.”

“Would you like to be the pot or the kettle, Ember?” Loki snapped. “Why didn’t you tell me you were an Avenger?”

“I’m not an Avenger, I’m a S.H.I.E.L.D Agent. It’s like a special section of the CIA. I didn’t tell you because I can’t really go around telling people I’m a special agent. Why didn’t you tell me you were a villain who happened to be trying to kill my coworkers?” Ember countered.

“I can’t really go around telling people that I was living in New York so I could get information on how to conquer my brother so I can take over our planet and eventually the earth,” Loki said. “So Tristan was born in September?”

“September 19th,” Ember nodded. “He was a couple weeks early. He was conceived on Christmas Eve last year.”

“Why didn’t you tell me?”

“Well I didn’t realize I was pregnant until about a month and a half. The day I was going to tell you was the day you attacked Thor for the first time. Imagine my surprise when I go into work and find out that my coworkers are being attacked by my boyfriend who happens to be the adoptive brother of my coworker who is a god from another planet.”

“Does he have any powers or anything?” Loki asked.

“I’m not sure. I think it’s too early to tell. I’m sure he does though because he is half demigod or whatever you are.”

The pair sat in silence for a few moments and just stared down at their son.

Loki was the one to break the silence by saying, “I still love you.”

“Please don’t say that,” Ember whispered.

“It’s true, Ember. I’ve thought about you every single day. And now there’s the fact that we have a son together. Ember, I love you.”

“I love you too,” Ember said as her eyes pooled with tears. “I don’t want to, but I do.”

“I can’t promise that my evil side won’t come out again and I won’t try to take over another planet, but can we try this again?”

“I can’t promise that I won’t be the one to kick your ass when you try to take over that planet,” Ember smirked. “But yes, I would love to try again with you. I’m sure it’s a terrible idea, but I love you.”

Loki smiled and then handed Tristan back to Ember. “I guess I better get going. I’m sure you have Christmas plans.”

Loki was almost to the door when Ember called out. “Loki? Why don’t you invite Thor over and the two of you can spend Christmas with us? My mom would love to meet you.”

Instead of answering Loki just strode over to Ember and kissed her.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hope you liked this, Ember! Have a Merry Christmas!