The Puppet Master

Chapter 7

"Hello Joshie."

The figure straightened up and gradually stepped closer and closer towards the bed; almost like a predator stalking his prey. Josh could only squeak, his throat was stale and he had no intention of speaking actual words; for he could not fathom actual words in his mind to speak. Just one stayed with him; real.

The man sat down on the bed next to him; facing the door just as Josh was. The action had a rather companionable feel to it. His hand rose from his lap to rest on Josh's arm, he leant in gently and whispered whilst playing with the hair on the back of Josh's neck:

"I knew you would do it. I am rather impressed but not for a second did I doubt you." Josh was perplexed by the sentence uttered from Oli's lips. He shook out of his grasp, and opted for staring at him with a confused expression without actually speaking. Oli turned to face him, he appeared confused too. "Do you not understand?" Josh shook his head. Oli continued: " Everything that I do; it was all for you, my dear Joshie." His tone suddenly turned playful, and once again he had the locks of Josh's hair at the back of his neck between his fingers, he was stroking it in an attempt to calm Josh.

"Did you not like it, Joshie? Was it not enough for you. I fathom all my power and you are not impressed?" He suddenly looked incredibly concerned. "Granted, I have never really understood you humans thought processes, especially on the topic of courting and aspects akin to that, but was it not enough?" Josh had only a small idea of what courting was, and from the context he could confirm to himself that Oli had been manipulating people to impress him. Oli was the one controlling the crimes. How, he would have to be some sort of god to be able t- well fuck. He hadn't seen that one coming.

Courting, seriously, he was about 200 years too late. "You don't believe me." Oli looked hurt, but his grip was placed back onto Josh's arm and began to tighten. Josh was surprised that a thing capable of producing so much chaos with zero remorse could have such genuine emotions.

"Look, Oli, I don't know why on earth you would want to court someone in this day and age, especially me, but hurting people isn't the way someone would normally go about impressing a person. You seemed like a nice guy the last time we met, but I would appreciate it if you didn't break and enter into my house at a little past two in the morning."

If Oli had looked hurt before, he know looked like someone had ripped his organs out of his body. He took Josh's hands (much to Josh's dislike) and whispered: "What do I have to do to show you that I want you!" As the sentence went on it his voice got deeper and rougher. Josh was stunned by the silent brutality Oli was showing, and decided he would have to stop Oli hurting people.

"Oli, stop hurting people, please. It's not a game, and I am nowhere near impressed, and you can't get everything that you want." Oli's hurt had faded by this point, and his puppy dog eyes screaming 'love-me!' had taken hold of Josh's remaining shards of patientence. "I will, but-"
"But?"
"Only if you give me what I want."
"And that is me?"
"Correct."
"I don't know who or what you truly are, but if you are willing to stop then.... yes."

Oli beamed at him, and then, much to Josh's astonishment, leaned in a pecked his cheek sweetly, and giving his hand a squeeze. He picked up Josh's disgusting shirt off of the floor and walked into his bathroom and placed it in the washing basket. He returned and pressed a kiss to Josh's hand before pacing around his room for a moment. Oli suddenly turned to Josh, who was understandably in silence from shock, and spoke in a polite manner:

"You should come around my house tomorrow, as I suppose you would not want your dad to see me round here. I thought we could.... bond a bit? Or in other words I want you to know what you have let yourself in for.
"Letting myself in for what?"
"Saying yes to the Devil."

With a warm, swift smile Oli had left within a blink of an eye.
♠ ♠ ♠
I am unsure of this chapter, criticism and feedback would be helpful so I have an idea on if it is adequate or not c: Thank you for the reads, recs, and comments :3