Status: Hiatus---sorry :/

Torn.

Prologue.

Summer smiled as she stared down at the sleeping boy. A smile was plastered on her lips. He looked so peaceful snuggled into his blankets. On most mornings he would be snuggled with her. She would sneak in through his window and the pair would share kisses, among other things, then fall asleep together. Sneaking over was a tradition of theirs that started when they were about eight. The innocence of it slowly dissolved as they grew older.

“You don’t look creepy at all.” Harry mumbled.

Summer was too caught up in her daydream to see that Harry had awakened.

She rolled her eyes at the boy, “I wandered off.”

She continued to watch as Harry stretched and got out of bed. He placed a soft kiss on her lips.

“Well good morning love.” He stated, smiling goofily.

Her cheeks turned a light shade of pink, “Good morning Harry.”

Their secret love affair had been happening since the age of thirteen. It started with a first kiss in Harry’s backyard and gradually progressed from there. They’ve kept it hidden from others, not wanting them to view the friendship as anything more.

Summer sat on Harry’s bed as he got ready. Later today he would be auditioning for The X-Factor. She knew that he would do great. Summer had always supported his music and vowed to always be there for him. Harry cleared his throat which caused Summer to yet again break away from her thoughts.

Harry smiled down at her, “Is reality not good enough for you?”

Summer laughed, “Well of course it is, especially when I’m around you.”

The boy chuckled, “Come on love, we’re running late.”

She stood up and followed the boy out of his room, “That’s all your fault.”

He glanced back at her, "Let’s not play the blame game.”

Summer stuck her tongue out at him. Anne shook her head at the teens. Everyone had grown accustomed to their antics.

__________________________________________________

“Isn’t she lovely? Isn’t she wonderful?” Harry’s voice was always so calming.

He had received two yes’s. He was beaming when he exited the stage. Summer waited patiently for her turn to hug him.

“I knew you would make it.” She whispered.

Harry smiled his infamous smile at her, “Thank you for always being here for me.”

_________________________________________________

A pang of sickness filled Summer’s stomach as the last person’s name was called to continue on in the competition. She held in the tears as Harry walked off the stage. He was broken, tears were streaming down his face. Anne hugged him and tried to soothe him but it wasn’t working. She let him go and he made his way to Summer. She held him as he cried; placing her head on his chest. He rested his head on hers. His brown curls mixed together with her straight blonde hair.

“I’m so sorry Harry.” Summer whispered, her voice broke.

Harry squeezed her, “Please don’t cry.”

She obeyed and never let a tear slip. Harry let go of her when a producer came by and asked him to back on the stage. He stood there awkwardly with four other boys. It was decided that they would continue on in the competition…together.

Little did Summer know that, that moment would not only change Harry's life; but hers as well.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hopefully everyone noticed that there are three photo's for Summer and Harry.

Please let me know what you think so far.

-Nina