Status: Hiatus---sorry :/

Torn.

Feels Like Snow In September.

Harry sighed as he checked his calendar. He was going back to London in the morning. It was his last day with Summer. He wasn’t even going to be able to spend the day with her. His schedule had yet again started to conflict things. All of his morning was going to consist of interviews, while Summer waited at her home. Harry slipped on his beanie and walked into the hallway. The four other boys and their manager Paul awaited him. They all sent him a reassuring smile and entered the elevator.

The boys made their way to the black van that awaited. Harry sat in the back quietly, staring out of the window. So much had changed in such a short amount of time. He wished he didn’t have to leave.

“Mate, we’re hear.” Louis’ voice broke Harry’s stare. He nodded and walked into the building that housed the radio station. The five boys were coaxed into the broadcast room. It was such a routine. Everyone took a seat in front of the DJ. Harry plastered on a smile.

“Hey listeners, I’m here with One Direction! Boys go ahead and say hi.” The man announced. Each boy took their turn saying their upbeat greetings. Harry’s was slightly off from the others. To his dismay the host caught on to that. “Harry you seem down today. Does this have anything to do with a certain girl?” He wiggled his brows at Harry.

Harry faked a smile again, “It is sad that I’m leaving Summer. She’s my best friend.” His response wasn’t enough for the man. It was never enough for anyone. It was starting to not be enough for Harry himself. He was tired of having to say his best friend. “Then I’m assuming you two will be visiting each other?” He pressed. Harry just nodded, “Of course.” From then on the host directed his questions to the others. Harry’s phone continued to vibrate in his pocket making it immensely hard to focus on the interview.

The moment Harry was out of the room he checked his phone. 8 missed calls from Sol. He frantically called his voicemail. Harry, I’m sorry to call you, I forgot you were in an interview. I-I can’t see you tonight. There was no explanation. Harry immediately called back but it went straight to voicemail.

“Sorry everyone but I’m taking a taxi to Summer’s, something isn’t right.” Harry stated as they exited the building. Despite multiple protests from Paul, he went. Her car wasn’t in its usual spot. He ran up the stairs. He was surprised he didn’t break the door down due to his forceful knocking. She didn’t answer. He slumped down against her door and waited. He waited for an hour. She didn’t come home. He stood up. He was not admitting defeat. He called Paul and had a car sent to him. He directed the driver to Summer’s job. She wasn’t there either. No one seemed to know where she was.

He left the club and went back to his hotel room. What was going on? Why was Summer ignoring him? Had this been the plan along? His mind was racing through every explanation. His sadness had finally went away. Now he was numb. Is that how she had felt? He walked to the bathroom and washed his face. Trying to clear his mind. As he looked at himself in the mirror, the phone vibrated on his bed. He rushed to it.

From: Sol
‘I’m so sorry Haz.’

To: Sol
‘What is going on?’

From: Sol
‘You’ll find out soon.’

To: Sol
‘Summer dammit talk to me!’


She didn’t respond. He didn’t mean enough to her. She couldn’t even come say goodbye. These days have meant nothing. In that moment Harry’s heart broke. Because in that moment, he truly realized what he had done to Summer.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry it's short, but I plan to update by Sunday!! :)

Anyways, special thank you to Ema for being so absolutely in love with this story.

And thanks to everyone reading, subscribing, recommending, and commenting.

-Nina