Status: Hiatus---sorry :/

Torn.

Don't Promise That You're Gonna Write.

Summer sat awkwardly on the bus. She had no idea why she agreed to meet with Harry. There was no point. He was not going to be forgiven within one visit. She sighed a typed a text.

‘Be there in a bit.’

She glanced out of the window. The hotel was only twenty minutes away from campus. The scenery was completely different than what she was used to. Summer was forced to pay for everything she had. She never really complained. It was her choice anyways. She could have went to university in London. Her mother would have paid for everything. But she needed to escape. The bus came to a halt. She regretfully stood and walked off. She walked to the hotel from there. It was just two more blocks.

The man standing at the door eyed her warily as she passed him. The stares she was receiving made her feel even more uncomfortable. She knew well enough that she did not fit in among the elite people standing in the lobby. She stepped into the elevator and clicked the button that would take her to the fifth floor. She lived a completely different lifestyle here. In Worcestershire, her family was well off. But she refused everything the moment she left.

The elevator doors opened and it took everything she had in her to exit. She glanced at the numbers by the doors, looking for 547. There it was. As she read the bold numbers her heart seemed to fall into her stomach. She slowly raised her hand and knocked softly on the door. Instantly the door swung open. A beaming Louis staring down at her.

“Summer! What are you doing here?” He questioned as he reached to hug the girl.

She smiled at him and allowed his embrace, “I’m here to talk to Harry.”

Louis made an ‘O’ shape with his mouth before replying, “You’re the friend-”

“Louis out!” Harry shouted.

Within seconds Harry was pushing Louis out of the room and welcoming Summer. She shuffled into the room and he shut the door behind her. She took a moment to glance around. Her fingers trailed lightly across the wall next to her as she absentmindedly walked deeper into the room. It was much nicer than her apartment.

Harry smiled behind her. He took in her appearance. Mesmerized by how simple yet beautiful she was. She could wear a trash bag and still look flawless. He watched as her gray eyes scanned his room. He cleared his throat as he stepped closer to her. She jumped slightly, causing Harry to chuckle. She turned and shot him a look that was all too familiar to him. In that moment he realized just how much he had truly missed her.

“Summer I-” He started.

He watched as Summer put her hand in front of her, signaling for him to stop.

“Save it Harry,” She paused. Her words slipped through her lips before she could stop them, “Save the apology because I’m not accepting it yet. I agreed to come here this morning and it took me until now to realize why.”

Harry stayed quiet.

“I was furious with you for the longest time. But after a year, I gave it up. I stopped caring. Just like you did. I was always there for you Harry. From day one. Do you remember that day?” She looked up at him for the first time since she got there.

He simply nodded.

“My mum and I walked to your house and there you were. I remembered you from the gatherings our parents had together but I know we had never spoke. Anyways, you and Gemma were playing in the woods and my mother coaxed me over. You two let me join in on hide and seek. Not even five minutes in and you were crying because Gemma was about to find you. So what did I do-”

Harry smiled, his dimples in full view, “You ran out from your spot so I could win.”

Summer nodded, “It was simple but it started our friendship.”

“We were what, five?” He questioned.

“I went to every gig you had Harry. I was your biggest fan for years. I went to The X-Factor with you. I believed in you. I loved you.” The last sentence was barely above a whisper.
Harry’s heart ached as she whispered the word loved.

“I needed you that night I called. You promised. Dammit Harry you promised me you would be there! You knew how broken I was!” She screamed, a tear escaped her eyes.

Harry stepped forward wanting to hug her but she pushed him back.

More tears fell as she continued, “He died and you weren’t there. You didn’t even come to the funeral. He loved you like his own son. After you left, he was the only one there for me. My mum scolded me every day. ‘I can’t believe you stopped talking to Harry.’ All she ever did was talk about how dumb I was for letting you go. My dad was the only one who listened. He was there for me every night when I cried myself to sleep. Then he was gone. I was alone. I needed you Harry.”

He took a deep breath, “I know Summer. And I know that nothing I do will ever make up for the fact that I wasn’t there. I tried to get the days off to fly but they wouldn’t let me. I called my mum and she called management. They couldn’t arrange it. I tried calling you to apologize but you never answered. I don’t blame you for that. I’m sorry for everything. I shouldn’t have stopped talking to you. There was just so much stress. I’m just going to stop talking now because no excuse is worth it. I fucked up.”

She wiped away her tears and just stared at him. Harry wanted nothing more than to hold her in his arms.

“I thought I meant more to you.” She whispered.

Harry winced at her words, “Summer you mean the world to me.”

“Meant.” She stated.

He shook his head at her, “I still care about you Summer. I thought about you every day.”

She rolled her eyes, “Yet you couldn’t send a text?”

“I told you, I fucked up.” He mumbled.

“What was the point of this Harry? Did you honestly think we would just catch up and instantly become best friends again?” She questioned.

He shook his head, “I wanted to start over. I want to be friends again, when you’re ready.”

The pair stayed quiet for a few moments. The awkward tension in the air seemed to pass as Summer took a small step forward.

She looked at him confidently, “I wish you would have just broken up with me instead of not talking to me.”

“I didn’t want to break up with you Summer. Our schedules just didn’t work. I made time for you in the beginning but everything just got stressful.” He stated.

Summer sighed, “Then Caroline came into the picture.”

“I’m sorry.” Harry whispered as he looked down at the floor.

She stepped forward again, “I’m willing to start over.”

His head shot up and a smile was spread across his lips.

“But the second I feel that you’re not trying, I’m out.” She stated.

Harry finally closed the gap between them and hugged her. She was wary at first but complied. Her arms wrapped around his neck as she leaned her head on his chest. He rested his chin on her head.

“I promise I’m not going to let you go again.” He cooed.
♠ ♠ ♠
Summer.
Harry.

Okay so I switched the timing up. It is now 2013 in the story not 2012. And I fixed in chapter where Harry was talking to Taylor, it's now Kendall. Sorry if that confuses anyone. I just felt the need to change it, which is why I didn't update fast.

-Nina