Darkfall

For this story to be told and understood, we have to go back seventeen years; back to what was the beginning for some and the end for others.

The Native Americans have names for each cycle of the moon; they know that all things in nature sleep, waiting until the moon wakes them. People's dreams and sins rise and fall to the whispers that travel on the moonlight. Perhaps, if the evil that lived in McLaren County, Wyoming had listened to the soft whispers of Niyol, the wind across the mountains, there wouldn't be a story to tell. But, we all know that evil never listens; evil just destroys.
  1. Prologue.
    Local Family Torn Apart By Bizarre Deaths
  2. Part One.
    So, as small a thing as holding out two little hands and one lonely little boy grabbing hold would change many lives and it started without rippling the wing feathers of the hawk.
  3. Part Two
    He kept his eyes glued to his two best friends, the small brown bear with one button eye and torn ear and the tiny faded golden lion, no bigger than the palm of his small hand, lying on his ragged blue blanket by the window.
  4. Part Three
    He knew better than to speak. It just made Father angrier. He hugged his small body, biting his bottom lip until it bled.
  5. Part Four
    This place, this cell, this oubliette - thrown down, thrown away, far down in to the dark; a place for forgetting, for remembering, for trying to remember things never known. Where one huddles in the bible black, listening to the sounds that can driv
  6. Part Six
    Even at six, Wesley knew that his God was not Father's god.
  7. Part Seven
    She had never told Wesley about what Karl Jr. had done. She knew he would be very angry, at their brother and Father. Wesley was the only thing that mattered to her and she'd keep him safe as long as she could.
  8. Chapter Eight
    The well house. The padlock. The fall into darkness. The sound of the wind blowing against the metal of the little shed. All so familiar. Almost like coming home.