Status: Non slash. Active.

Necrofusion

III

"Miss. Donovan, you've got to understand the risks of what I do." Zak said. He took another coffee from her and sat down in the dining room.

She nodded. "Alice, to your room please." She instructed, and the small girl scuttled away obediently.

Zak thought carefully about how he worded his next lines. He didn't want to upset or frighten her. A child's life was a serious matter.

"Zak, what are you dealing with?' Miss. Donovan asked quietly.

Silence. Zak couldn't bring himself to tell her the truth. Telling skeptics facts was dangerous. They refused to believe the truths that were right before them.

"I'll get to that in a minute. Risks, first." He started.

Miss Donovan nodded, and waited for him to continue. She hadn't stopped to think what damage this could do to Alice. Of course, she spent many restless nights worrying about the Necrofusionist turning out to be a monster, but she never thought something else could hurt her. The monsters inside her own head could do no harm. No physical harm, at least.

"Spirits are usually unintelligent, and very little communication is established. Every so often we hear some very impressive EVPs," Zak explained, noticing the look of confusion on the woman's face. "Oh, EVP stands for electric voice phenomena. We can't hear spirit voices because they speak on a different frequency to us. Think of it as channels on a radio: you have to tune in to hear them. Our recording devices can pick up these different frequencies."

"Sorry to interrupt, but you say 'our'? Will more people be getting involved?" Miss. Donovan asked.

She didn't want anyone else getting involved. She would become the laughing stock of the town! What if the newcomers were the predators she feared would harm her beloved child? This was strictly confidential, between her and Zak and Alice only. If these people lied to her, and led her to take stupid action; no, she couldn't risk it.

Zak chuckled. "I work with a team of other investigators. Nick Groff and I are accompanied by are tech man Aaron Goodwin. I can assure you, you can trust them as much as you can trust me." He replied.

'Not a lot then, She thought.

"We'll only investigate your home if we really need answers. There are other techniques we use first. Anyway, back to dangers," He said, shaking his head with a little smile.

"Spirits are usually very simple creatures, demons on the other hand are very tricksy. I see a homeless boy, probably only seventeen, eighteen years of age. Demons like to use children to hide themselves, as there is nothing more pure and innocent than a child. For all I know, this is the disguise of something a lot darker."

"Or this could be a genuine ghost with a story to tell. We could help this boy find closure for whatever was done to him." Zak explained.

Miss. Donovan nodded slowly. Demon... danger. "If this is a demon, what happens next?"

Zak scratched his chin. "I can find someone to bless the house. If you believe it will work better as this is your home, you can do it yourself with the guidance of a priest. You don't need to worry about outsiders finding out, priests do this sort of stuff everyday. If the problem persists, an exorcism can be performed." Zak explained, then leaned in close. "Though these days, they're very unreliable."

Miss. Donovan raised an eyebrow. Movies always portrayed exorcism as the best way to eradicate any problem.

"Demons are becoming stronger and are able to fight our methods of controlling them. I once helped a family who had allowed their children to play with Ouija boards. I suggested that it was placed underwater, as they can't travel through moving water. Six months later they're having problems again, and the only way I can think to get rid of this problem is through burning it." He explained.

Miss. Donovan nodded slowly. "Alright. I think I understand."

"So I'll be looking into the history of this home, talking to Alice some more, and I'll be doing paranormal investigations inside the house with Nick and Aaron. We'll try and get the problem sorted as soon as we can but there's always that slight chance of making it worse. Are you definitely sure this is what you want to do?"
♠ ♠ ♠
Updates will be getting even slower, I have an exam next week and then after school lessons and then more exams right up until summer.