Status: Non slash. Active.

Necrofusion

IV

Alice sat on the kitchen floor, her ear pressed against the vinyl floor. She could hear something in the space below her. At first, she thought this was just a raccoon, bumping about in the darkness. Now, after several nights of intense listening, she wasn't as convinced. It must be a very stupid raccoon if it was still stuck in the basement after several days. It didn't sound like your average raccoon bumping into things, either. It sound bigger and heavier, almost as though a small child was being thrown about.

Zak sat and watched her intently, watching her listen to the imaginary sounds. He wasn't quite able to chip into her reality yet, and was unable to hear or see the exact things she did. They could share thoughts and communicate over long distances.He smiled to himself. Alice had the Shining.

"It started about five days ago." She stated, not moving her ear from the gap in the panels.

"So when I came here?" He checked. He wanted his presence to upset the intelligent spirits here. He wanted a reaction. If he could stir them up now, the results would be more conclusive when it comes to their lockdown investigation.

Alice looked up and nodded. "Could be a raccoon." She suggested.

Zak shrugged. He couldn't hear anything where he was sat. He stood up and walked a few paces across the floor to lie on the floor by her side, his ear pressed against the floorboards. He closed his eyes and tried to allow the spiritual energy of the house to fill him and guide him to the source of the sounds.

"Falcon, we can hear your presence just below us, if you can hear us, I want you to make a definite sound up here." He announced clearly. He sat up and waited for a signal. Nothing came for a few minutes, when suddenly Alice sat up.

"He said your name!" She breathed, her eyes wide with shock. There was a look of fear on her face, one Zak had never seen before. It unnerved him a bit to see the brave young girl so afraid of a sound he could not hear.

"How exactly did he say my name?" Zak asked. "Like, did it sound angry or sort of sad?" He asked. Miss. Donovan wasn't home, if anything were to happen to Alice under his care, his career would be over.

Alice replayed the sound in her head, and came to one worrying conclusion. She could have sworn that wasn't Falcon's voice. "That wasn't him." She said slowly, trying to remember every single sound she had ever heard before, trying to find a match.

The air temperature dropped suddenly. The hairs on their arms stood on end, like static was pulling them up. Zak glanced around the room in bewilderment. This time, he'd heard something. A low growl coming from the gap in the vinyl floor. It was angry, obviously out to get him.

"Did you hear that?" He asked quietly. Alice shook her head.

Zak knew instantly that he was not welcomed. Falcon was protecting Alice for some reason. He stood up and took a few steps back towards the door.

"Something's down there," Alice confirmed in her bored tone. She glanced up at Zak, her eyes very dull and blank all of a sudden. "It doesn't want you here."
♠ ♠ ♠
Hi guys! As you all know by now I am a terrible updater. But, I'd like to thank you for your support and kind words. Your support has stopped me from giving up on this all together. Thank you xx

- Christian Monroe.