The Fairy Tale of Quinn

I've Barely Kissed A Guy

Alex had been unusually nice to me all night. We walked silently down to the throne room, following Eugine. I had changed into a purple gown that ended a few inches above my ankles. It had sheer sleeves that fanned out when they reached my wrists. I was wearing a pair of purple slippers.

When we reached the throne room, Father was in his spot, and Queen Katrina was sitting in my mothers spot. I instantly wanted to hit her, to scream at her. That would never be her spot, the only woman who should be sitting there is me, when I become queen.

I looked at my father, and my by the expression on his face I knew he knew exactly what I was thinking. I knew what would happen if I chose to act out, and I chose against it.

“What is the meaning of this meeting?” Alex spoke up. The Queen smiled, and my father, well, he wasn’t frowning so It must be something good. The queen spoke up.

“We are throwing a gala to announce your marriage.” She sounded so excited, but I just felt a knot form in my gutt. I knew my face portrayed pure horror, but Alex’s was stern.

“No.” He said sternly. No? Really Alex? Thats all you got? I took a deep breath, and knew I had to do something. I glanced at my father.

“Father.” I waited for him to reply but he didn’t, so I continued. “I do not love Prince Alexander. He is a fine man, but he is not the man I want to marry. I’m too young to be getting married. If mom were here-” He cut me off the second I mentioned my mother.

“ENOUGH.” He yelled. His voice was echoing off the walls. His eyes narrowed on me. “On your knees.” He growled. Was he serious?

“Dad-” He cut me off again.

“I said, on your knees!” He yelled. I knew he was serious. To avoid further conflict, I fell to my knees before him.

“Sorry father.” I said quietly. I could feel Alex’s eyes burning holes into the back of my head, I chose to ignore him though and look at the floor.

“Remember, I am your king. You will do as I say. I have been hearing the same thing for years and I am sick of it. You will be marrying Prince Alexander of Malta and that is final.” I felt tears well up in my eyes, but I nodded. I was still on my knees, and I was still on the floor.

“This is ridicu-” My father cut him off.

“You two will be wed on Quinn’s twenty first birthday, or she will no longer be heir to the throne.” I stopped breathing. He ripped my heart out with his words.

“That goes for you too Alex.” Queen Katrina cut in. Her voice was much softer. I heard him sigh in defeat. We both knew in that moment, we were stuck.

“As you wish.” Alex said softly.

“Quinn get up.” My fathers words were venomous, but I silently got up. A tear rolled down my face, I quickly swiped it away. “A dress was picked out for the ball by Amara, it should be waiting in your room.” His voice was softer.

“After the ball, you two will be moving into a smaller castle about an hour from here.” Queen Katrina spoke. I knew what they were talking about, and it was customary. Usually whoever was getting married would stay there until they were wed. Then they would move back to the palace. It was a time for privacy between lovers. For us it would just be six months of awkward.

“You are dismissed.” I quickly walked from the throne room and went straight towards the stables. Alex was hot on my heels.

“Quinn, I’m-” I spun around. He smacked into me, making me fall on my butt. I couldn’t help it, I let the tears I had been holding back flow down my cheeks. He pulled me up and soon I felt his arms wrapped around me. One hand was on my waist, and the other on the back of my head. Soon, I realized what position we were in. I pulled back.

“Alex, please leave me alone.” He seemed stunned. I continued running to the stables. Nathan saw me coming and once he saw that I was crying, he just looked concerned.

“Princess, I-” I cut him off with a wave of my hand. Quark wasn’t saddled, but I wasn’t going to let that stop me. I jumped up, throwing a leg over his back. I pulled myself up by his mane, but he seemed to know I needed to get out of there. I kicked my heel on his hip, and he instantly started full speed running towards the mountain trails. I peeked over my shoulder to see a confused Nathan standing next to a stunned Alex.

I know, running full speed up a mountain trail that was rocky and narrow was probably not the best idea. I could easily fall and hurt myself, but maybe that was the point. I made it to the top safely though.

I slid off Quark, immediately regretting not saddling him. I could already tell there would be burn on the inside of my thighs from the rubbing, and my legs would be sore. It wasn’t the first time I had rode without a saddle, but it wasn’t sometime I felt good after doing.

I walked over to the edge and looked around. The top was a small flat area, I used to come up here with my mother. The kingdom looked beautiful. I could see the castle, and the woods, and the towns on the other side of the trees. It was starting to get dark, and the lights were shining brightly. Just being up here calmed me down. I knew I had to leave though. I had only been up here for a few minutes but if I didn’t leave now, it would be pitch black by the time we got back.

Turns out, by the time I had gotten back it was dark. I chose to walk Quark back. It was much safer, and it delayed the inevitable.

When I got back, Alex was still in the barn. He was just asleep. I avoided Nathan, he was out bringing in the horses. I walked Quark into his stall and went to wake Alex up. I took a moment to laugh at how out of place he looked. He was wearing designer dress pants, a tucked in designer dress shirt, and designer shoes. He just happened to be leaning against a bale of hay lightly snoring. I started shaking his shoulder.

“Alex.” I said lightly. His eyes opened and a goofy smile crawled on his face.

“Hey Quinn. You okay?” I was shocked that was the first thing he said. I thought it would be him complaining about me completely freaking out.

“Yeah. Lets go inside.” I said softly. He smiled and stretched, getting up. I was pretty sure he was mostly asleep. I saw Nathan, and he looked over concerned. I waved, letting him know that I was okay. I would explain further when we went riding tomorrow.

I lead the way for me and Alex, dropping him off at his door. I walked in my room, and noticed something different right away. There was stuff, everywhere. I walked back out into the hall to see a very awake Alex walking out into the hall too.

“My stuff isn’t in my room.” He said blatantly. I groaned.

“I think I found it.” I knew it was his stuff without having to look through it. He walked over to peer through my doorway and groaned.

“They are really pushing this.” He muttered. He turned to me. “Look just let me grab some clothes and stuff and I’ll go back to my room.” I rolled my eyes.

“Why bother. They are just going to keep pushing, plus we are moving out to live together this week, remember? You can take my bed. I’ll take one of the couches.” I said. He shook his head no instantly.

“No, you take the bed. I’ll take the couch. I wouldn’t want to put you out.” He said. I glared.

“You are the guest in my room, you take the bed. No matter what, I’m sleeping on a couch.” I held my ground.

“Well I’m sleeping on a couch too then, because I refuse to sleep in your bed.” I rolled my eyes. After 20 minutes laying on the couch trying to sleep, I guarantee he would give up and move to the bed.

“Whatever floats your boat. Go grab your blanket from your room, I don’t have an extra.” I mumbled, walking into my room. I moved a couple of his bags off of one of the couches and laid down, kicking off my flats. I groaned, feeling sore from not saddling Quark.

Alex walked in and laid down on the other couch, wrapped up in his blanket. Finally he spoke.

“I’m um, going to find something to wear for pajamas.” He muttered before digging around in a suitcase. I realized he probably doesn’t wear pajamas, he probably sleeps in his boxers like every other guy in the world. I stood up and turned my back.

“Me too.” I said, trying to give him his privacy. I walked over to my closet and grabbed a pair of silk shorts and a matching long sleeved button up silk shirt. I closed the closet door, quickly changing. I opened the closet door about an inch. I called out. “You aren’t naked or anything right?” I heard him laugh, and took that as a no. I hurried out and jumped over the back of the couch, landing on my fluffy comforter.

Alex was wearing a pair of basketball shorts, and no shirt. I never realized how muscular he was. I knew he was built, but damn. He looked like the boys I saw on the internet and in magazines. Well I guess he is a prince, but still. I know of plenty of fat princes.

“Take a picture, it’ll last longer.” Alex said with a goofy grin. He started flexing and posed, which just made me more embarrassed for ogling at him. “I’m serious, get out your phone!” He said, still posed. I laughed a bit, but did what he said. I quickly snapped a picture and he relaxed his muscles right after. He fell back on to the couch and pointed at my phone.

“Keep that, it’ll be one to show the grandkids.” My eyes widened as my stomach felt like it was doing flips.

“Grand kids?” I squeaked out. He just smiled.

“I was kidding, but don’t act too freaked out by the thought of having sex with me. Someday we will have to produce an heir.” He said seriously. I groaned, knowing he was right.

I knew someday that I would have to have sex with a boy, and trust me, I wanted it. Holding out wasn’t easy in the least. But the thought that I will lose my virginity to a guy my dad picked out for me to lose it to isn’t very sexy at all.

“Look, I’ve barely even kissed a guy. So I’m not just going to hop into bed with you, I barely know you.” I said quickly. It was embarrassing knowing that he had kissed and slept with several women, when I had kissed two boys in my life and was punished severely for it.

He smiled and got up walking over to me. Before I knew it, he had bent over and placed a quick peck on my lips. It was over in a second, but I felt my eyes widen and my heart beat pick up. He smirked, knowing exactly what he was doing. I bet he wasn’t freaking out! I tried saying something, but I couldn’t think of any words to say. After a few seconds, he finally spoke.

“Night princess.” He said smugly, crawling onto his couch. I glared. Jackass.