Life and Love

Harry Potter Story : Life and Love : 13

‘So, who will get together tonight then do you recon?’ you asked Hermione as you walked down the last stairs. ‘Hermione?’ You asked she still didn’t take any notice; she was looking down and smiling. You looked down and there were around 10 couples and Ron and Fred, looking up at you, making you blush from the look of awe in their faces.
You also noticed Katie Bell jab George in the arm and lead him off into the hall. You two were not friends. It wasn’t your fault that she was reserve chaser, just because you are younger than her she seemed to have something extreme against you.
‘Hey guys.’ You said walking up to Fred and Ron.
‘Hello.’ Fred said taking your hand and kissing it, making you giggle. Meanwhile Ron and Hermione just seemed to stare at each other.
‘Come on, we better leave these two alone.’ Fred laughed taking your hand and leading you inside.
Inside, the Hall was decorated beautifully, it was still light at this point and the music was quiet, and everyone was stood talking. You noticed Draco, who you had to admit looked extremely handsome especially as he had warn his hair dry with a bit of texture gel through the top of it as you had shown him. He was looking over too, you gave each other a smile and a wave and you noticed a tall blonde girl next to him, not leaving much to the imagination with her costume, who you guessed was Serina.

You followed Fred over to where Lee, Lavender, Seamus, and Angelina were stood talking. You greeted them all and they started convocation while you began to work out the couples; you and Fred, Harry and Cho, Ron and Hermione, Lee and Lavender, Seamus and Angelina, George and Katie, Ginny and Dean, and Luna and Neville were all you see. Either because you new of them already or they were linking arms. Everyone looked amazing.

‘Can I have your attention please?’ Dumbledore spoke out over everyone by putting his wand to his neck. ‘I would like to welcome everyone to this year’s Halloween Ball.’ Everyone clapped and cheered. ‘And thank you for coming. The ball will start shortly, but first I would like to give out a few notices. The first dance will start shortly, in which we would like to have everyone on the dance floor dancing with their dates or their friends. After that, you are free to socialize and do as you please until we stop the music once more, we then will ask you to find another person who you did not come to the ball with, and get ready, then once everyone is ready the music will start and you have to dance with that person for that song. Then you are free again, and then the same will happen twice more. At 12 we will start the final song and then you are free to go back to your common rooms. Thank you very much for coming once again, and we hope you all thoroughly enjoy yourselves. The first song of the dance will be…’ The lights dimmed and the music started, the first song was One More Time by Daft Punk, everyone cheered and began dancing. Soon enough you had gotten right into your dancing, and you were very glad of Fred’s shorter dress idea. At the end of the song it changed to - Don’t Stop the Music by Rihanna - and so you continued to dance, and you did so for another 5 songs. When it changed to Hero by Enrique Inglasias you slowed it down and began to slow dance with Fred, continuing to laugh, flirt and chat as you had been since the start. You were having an amazing time; Fred was being a perfect date and looked incredibly handsome as a prince, YOUR Prince.

‘Thanks for asking me to come with you Fred.’
‘No problem.’ He gave you one of his famous smiles. ‘I can’t imagine being here with anyone better.’ He smiled pulling you in closer to him. He made you feel safe, and despite being a bit sweaty from the dancing, still smelt very good. Over the last couple of weeks you and Fred had gotten a lot closer, and now you were beginning to question the way you thought about him as just a friend. Maybe there was more here?
‘So if I had already been asked who do you recon you would have gone with?’ You asked.
‘You can’t ask me that!’ He smirked.
‘I just did. Besides you asked me so why would I mind?’
‘Ok, errmmm…’ He scanned his head around the room. ‘Probably Katie as she was dropping me hints as soon as the ball was mentioned and that way I wouldn’t have to face rejection.’ You giggled. ‘What about you?’
‘Erm Draco.’
‘Really? How come?’
‘Because he is one of my close friends and I just have a feeling that he would go with me.’ You didn’t want to say that he had asked you not long after you accepted Fred’s offer, as the last thing you wanted was for Fred to get all funny about it.
‘Fair enough.’ The song came to an end and you gave him a little curtsy. He chuckled and bowed back.
‘I’m just going to grab a drink; I will be back in a minute or two.’
‘Ok hurry back.’ Fred smiled and you left towards the drinks table.

‘What can I get you love?’ Professor Sprout asked from behind the table.
‘Just a coke please.’
‘Hey Hannah.’
‘Oh hey Ben, you having fun?’ you said after taking your first sip of your drink.
‘Yeah this is really great.’
‘Who did you come with?’
‘Aimee, the girl over there between the Red head and the girl with long Black hair.’ He said pointing to a pretty girl with dirty blonde hair.
‘Very nice.’ You giggled.
‘Who have you come with?’
‘Fred, I expect you know who that is.’
‘Of course.’ He laughed ‘Getting older and older every relationship, seventh year aye?’
‘Oh no he’s not my boyfriend.’ You blushed.
‘Oh… just looked like it by the way you were dancing.’ He said making you blush again. ‘Well I better get back; see you maybe for one of the dances?’
‘Yep hopefully.’ You smiled leaving for Fred again.

‘Refreshed?’ Fred said.
‘Yes thank you.’ You smirked as a new song started.
‘Shall we resume our dancing?’
‘We shall.’
You carried on dancing, but now it was more in a mob of all of your friends, you even danced with Cho for a part of the song, much too many peoples surprise.
‘May I have this dance?’ Fred said bending down slightly and letting out his hand.
‘Of course.’ You said taking his hand as ‘Hurt – Christina Aguilera’ started.
You began to dance again, Fred putting in twirls and all sorts through the song.
When the song ended Dumbledore came back onto the stage.
‘I hope you are all having a wonderful time, it is now time for the first dance with a different person, please find a partner and stand still together waiting for the others to be ready and the song to start.’ Everyone began to look for someone else, Harry quickly found you and you stood together. The noise was too loud to talk so you watched as everyone else coupled up. Fred and Katie, Hermione and George, Cho had gone to Ben, Draco and a 6th year Hufflepuff called Laura, she was one of your friends before you and Sam broke up but you had not talked to her since (to be honest she was a bit of a slut anyway), Ron and Pavarti, Ginny and Seamus and that is all you could see.

Soon everyone was ready and the music started, the song was Hey There Delilah by the Plain White T’s, and you and Harry began dancing.
‘So how’s your night been going? You look very snazzy by the way.’ You said fixing his tie.
‘Thanks,’ he chuckled ‘It’s been great.’ You could tell by the smile on his face that it had been more than a mere ‘great’. ‘You even danced with Cho! Are you in a really good mood or something?’ he laughed.
‘Something like that, maybe it’s because I cannot hear her voice.’ You smiled and he rolled his eyes.

‘Hannah… do you want to go into the entrance for a bit?’ Fred asked a few songs after you and Harry had departed.
‘Yeah sure, it’s getting a bit hot in here.’ He took your hand and led you out.
In the entrance there were lots of sofas and small seating arrangements, mostly empty, with the occasional group of friends or a couple having a snog.
‘So, you having fun?’ Fred said sitting down and you taking a seat right next to him.
‘Yeah it’s really good, what about you?’
‘It’s almost perfect.’
‘Almost?’
‘There is just one more thing that would make it complete.’
‘Really? What’s that?’ You asked him turning towards him more.
He looked deep into your eyes for a brief moment, before coming closer and closer and placing his lips on top of yours, you kissing right back. You stayed like that for a moment before you both opened your mouths slightly and your tongues met, playing gently with each other for a moment before you pulled away.
Fred looked like he was floating; you smiled to yourself as he came out of his dream like state.
‘Now that was perfect.’ He said smiling and standing up. ‘Would you care to go back in and dance?’ he offered out his hand.
‘Yeah, I can hear Dirrty starting, always a good song to dance to.’ you said with a wink. He smiled as you took his hand, and he pulled you straight up into his arms embracing you in another passionate kiss. ‘Wow…’ Was all you could think.
He let you go, smirked at you, took your hand and led you back inside.

‘Once again, it is time for your second dance with a different partner, please use the next few minutes to find a partner. Go.’ Dumbledore said once again.
You scanned the room for Draco, but before you had a chance to find him Ben had found you.
‘Mind if I have this dance?’
‘No not at all.’ You replied standing with him, once again watching everyone else find a partner. This time Fred had gone and found Angelina, who were only a few feet away from George and Lavender, Harry was with Ginny which made you smile (a much better match in your opinion), Shortly after that you saw Cho who unfortunately was with your ex Sam, who you had luckily not seen all night, Ron and Katie, Dean and Luna and last of all, Draco and… Hermione? You had to look at them for quite a while before you realised what you were seeing.
‘Ben… Is that Draco and Hermione dancing together?’
‘Errm…’ he looked for them ‘Yeah… I thought they hated each other.’
‘Me too, but obviously not.’ Your night had just got even better, they even looked happy to be dancing with each other.
The song was All I Got by Newton Faulkner.
‘You know, I think Sam still has feelings for you.’
‘What!?’ this snapped you back to reality.
‘Yeah, have you not seen him staring at you all night?’
‘Err… No… I hadn’t seen him at all until about 3 minutes ago.’
‘Oh, well he has been, giving Fred filthy looks too.’
‘Well he’s the one who broke up with me.’
‘I know, it’s strange isn’t it?’
‘Yeah, very weird, who has he come with?’
‘Laura Ashworth.’
‘Oh, should have guessed really.’
‘But I don’t know if he actually likes her, she’s a bit soppy, maybe just to make you jealous…’
‘Are you sure?’
‘Yes he still talks about you, you know.’
‘Oh… strange.’

After you had been dancing a while, you had managed to lead Fred over to where you had a clear view of Draco, so that you would manage to get your dance together as you had promised. After a while I Don’t Love You by MCR came on, and you began to slow dance with him again.
It was coming to the end of the song when you felt one of Fred’s hands leave your waist and come up to push your chin up to look at him. You gazed into each other’s eyes for a moment, before pulling you into another knee weakening kiss. When you parted a few minutes later, you saw Draco looking at you, with the strangest expression. As soon as he noticed you were looking back he looked at Serina and began talking to her.
The next song to come on was Do you know (I go Crazy) - Angel City Feat. Lara McAllen and all through you couldn’t help but notice Draco’s gaze. As if he wanted to get something through to you through the song.

‘Hey Fred, can you see Ron and Hermione?’ You said looking around the room hoping that he may see them.
‘No… I don’t think they are in here.’
‘Where do you recon they are?’
‘I don’t know, but I hope they haven’t had a squabble.’
‘Me too.’ You replied worried about what you may have to sort out later.

‘It is time for the last Dance with an alternative partner, this is a rather special song, as requested, so please try and pick well.’ As had happened previously, everyone found their partners, seeming that all the Gryffindors were over the other side of the room, you found Draco.
‘Hey I’ve been looking out for you all night.’ You said standing with him.
‘Really? Well I think it will be nice to have one of the last dances together anyway don’t you?’
‘Yeah will be nice.’ You smiled. It seemed it was taking longer this time for everyone to get paired up.
‘You danced with Hermione.’ You smiled at him.
‘I did.’
‘Thank you.’
‘For what..?’ he asked, but the music began and you put your arms around his neck. He placed his hands on your waist, sending a tingle up your spine, as the gentle intro started. It was Come What May from Moulin Rouge, now you could see why it was special. You began to dance slowly, listening to every word from your favourite film that you knew o’ so well. Taking in the words and phrases. You could feel Draco’s gentle steady breath on your face, as he danced slowly with you. Gradually closing in the gap between you and him. You eventually laid your head on his shoulder; you could hear his heart beat. He held you gently, but as though he could stay like that for eternity, like you were fragile and perfect, like no one else mattered to him. You dancing slowly, like you were the only two in the room, in a dream like state. As it neared the last line he pulled away and looked deep into your eyes…

‘Come what may… I will love you, until my dying day.’

The song sang... At the end he pulled you back in close to him and put his head next to yours so his mouth was level with your ear.
‘I just wanted to say, that I will protect you from anyone no matter what, and if Fred hurts you, there will be hell to pay, and I will be here for you no matter what… forever… come what may.’ He whispered and pulled back. You stared at his chest, unable to look up into his eyes. The song had ended and people had been quiet, as if the power of the song had made them think. You pulled him into a deep hug and whispered ‘Thank you.’
As you turned to leave you felt your fingers entwine with his for a few seconds... before he let go and you left to find Fred and the others. At that moment you were speechless.

‘It is now midnight. If everyone who would like to please go onto the dance floor and wait for the last song of the evening to play, I would like to thank everyone for coming, and making it such a beautiful night, I would also like everyone to give a large thank you to the teachers, head boy and girl and the seventh year prefects for putting this all together.’ Everyone cheered, whooped and clapped for a long time before Dumbledore stopped it. ‘Now for the final song…’

You and Fred made your way to dance floor along with everyone else.
The song was High 5 by Palladium. You began to dance with Fred and all your other friends. Giving Fred the occasional kiss, but also occasionally catching Draco’s eyes, and giving him a smile.

At the end of the song, everyone clapped and applauded, and began to clear out up to the common rooms. You found George, Harry, Hermione, Ron, Seamus, Ginny, Dean, Neville, Katie and Angelina and all went back to the common room.
Everyone said Goodbye to each other, and Hermione said she’d meet you in the dorm leaving you and Fred alone.
As soon as the others had disappeared Fred pulled you into a kiss. After 3 minutes you broke and he looked at you.
‘So… I was wondering… Would like to go out with me?’