Life and Love

Harry Potter Story : Life and Love : 14

‘…Yes Fred, I would.’ You gave him a kiss, giving a gentle suck on his bottom lip before leaving up to your dorm where Hermione, Lavender, and Pavarti were waiting in their pyjamas ready to pounce on you.
‘So…’ Pavarti said as soon as you had gotten through the door.
‘So…What?’ you replied, as if you didn’t know what they all wanted to know.
‘What do you mean so what?’
You sighed, ‘let me get changed and then everyone spills EVERYTHING.’
All the girls squealed as they started to get their bedding and put them all onto you bed and get ready to sit and talk, while you grabbed a tank top, shorts, underwear and headed for the bathroom.

After you were changed and had put your dress away safely You sat down on your bed with the others, and looked at their eager faces.
‘You first.’ Lavender said, almost as if it was Christmas and time to give presents.
‘Well… what do you want to know?’ you decided to join in and give them what they want.
‘Well… EVERYTHING!’ Pavarti said excitedly.
‘But start with what happened just now.’ Lavender decided.
‘Well… we kissed…’ they all made a high pitched squeal, ‘And we are going out.’ You grinned.
‘Oh my gosh Hannah that is so great!’ Pavarti said giving you a hug.
‘You two are made for each other I swear.’ Lavender said. While Hermione just gave you a big smile and a quick squeeze.
‘So Hermione how was your night with Ronald?’ Pavarti said changing the attention away from you, which you much preferred at this point in time.
‘It was… great actually.’
‘Oh you sound surprised?’ Lavender said raising an eyebrow.
‘Yeah, well, I was expecting something to go wrong, all through the night just waiting for one of us to slip up… but it never came.’ She smiled so dreamily she looked as though she was about to fall asleep. The three of you giggled at her expression.
‘Oh! How was your dance with Draco?!’ you said remembering this being one of the best things about your night.
‘It was very nice, he was a perfect gentleman and a very good dancer.’ She giggled. Your face lit up, it was so good for your two best friends, which had been in deadly hate no more than 3 months ago, getting along.
Hermione laughed at you, ‘Pavarti who did you go with?’
‘Colin Abel, he’s a fourth year Ravenclaw.’
‘Ooo toy boy aye?’ you winked.
She laughed ‘Maybe, we will have to see how it goes.’
‘And what about you with Lee Lavender, how was it?’ you asked.
‘It was good fun, we went as friends but I had a really good time.’
‘Naww that’s good.’ Hermione smiled.

You carried on talking and gossiping about the night and then Lavender and Pavarti got up to go and get into their own beds.
As soon as they were gone Hermione closed the curtains on your bed.
‘Scilenco’
‘Lumos’
‘I have to tell you something.’ Hermione said.
‘Fire away.’
‘You have to promise to keep it a secret from EVERYONE forever until the day you die?’
‘I do.’ You laughed.
‘Ok… Well… err… Ron and I… err… kissed.’
You gasped ‘No way! Oh so that’s where you disappeared off to.’ You said giving her a wink.
‘Yes… but you cannot tell anyone not even Harry, as although I am sure that Ron will tell him I am pretty sure that we are leaving it and going back to how we were before so we don’t want any added commotion about it.’
‘Okay.’
‘Thanks.’ She said getting out and going over to her own bed.
‘Night Hannah.’
‘Night Hermione.’ You said, deciding to close all your curtains.

Inside your newly made room it was pitch black, you snuggled down into your bed, looking up into the darkness. The darkness was soothing somehow, making you feel much more relaxed.
Despite being tired, you were still wide awake from all the thoughts flying around your head. That evening so much had happened, nothing bad of course, but still a lot to think about.
First of all there was Fred. Your new boyfriend. You smiled as you thought of your first kiss together. Although it hadn’t been your actual first kiss together, it had been the first that meant something, and it had been amazing. You and he had had so much fun, he had been the perfect gentleman all the way through, without loosing his ‘Fredness’.

Which then led you to the thoughts of Ben. Had he really meant what he said about Sam? Did he really still like you? You doubted it, after all he did dump you, not the other way around. And it wasn’t as if it was anything bad you had done anyway, just his paranoia.

Then the person you could not shake from your mind. Draco. The dance had been… Incredible. The way he seemed to get everything through to you with out a word. The feel of his touch, his breath, his eyes.
This was crazy.
You let thoughts of Fred fill your mind once again as you drifted to sleep.

What if you had gone with Draco?
What if you hadn’t kissed Fred?
What if… ?

‘Tonight was so perfect… Yet so… Confusing…’

As always after a party you woke early, but at a decent 7 due to the lack of alcohol involved in the ball. The other three girls were sound asleep and Pavarti was snoring. You did not expect them to be waking any time soon. You decided it would be a good time to go out for a jog, so you washed your face, put some deodorant and mascara on and put on your shorts, polo shirt, and jacket, change of underwear, socks and trainers. You put your hair up, grabbed your ipod and made your way out of the castle.

You were feeling quite energetic, and it wasn’t too cold for the 1st of November, so you planned to run all the way round the lake, and then if you were still up for it, down past Hagrid’s Hut to the forest and then back for a shower.
You began running as soon as you had done a short warm up and some stretches. No one else was out apart from two 7th year Hufflepuff boys who were walking up ahead talking, who you ran round and carried on your way.

Exercise was always the best thing to clear your head about any situation, and always made you feel better if you were upset. And you usually got so lost in your thoughts that you don’t even realise you are still running, and end up missing breakfast.

It wasn’t so much that you had a bad situation… but just that you now had a new boyfriend, and there had been something there between you and Draco last night, no matter how much it may not have intended to happen.
You now had to find a way to throw him from your mind, and think of you and Fred now. What was 5 minutes with Draco anyway compared to the whole night with Fred. Sure Draco had made the adrenalin make your heart beat so fast it felt as though it had stopped, and maybe just his very touch had made you turn weak at the knees, but Fred. He had made the night so amazing, the kisses, oh god they were unbelievable. You never believed so much could come from a kiss, but there it was, proof that kisses weren’t just there because they’re a bit of fun. Even if that’s all they were, and had been to you previously. But not this time, not with Fred.
Even if there had been something between you and Draco, nothing would have been able to come of it. Sure Harry and Ron managed to let it slip you being friends with him, but Ron only just. But anything more? No, no way. They just wouldn’t let you.

Why were you thinking about this anyway?

You sighed as you finished your course at the top of the hill and sat down.
‘Bugger. I’m sure I will stop thinking of Draco in that way in a few days… Won’t I?’ you thought.

‘You do realise how long you were out running for don’t you?’ Hermione said as you took a seat at the table.
‘Yes that is why I have come here without washing.’
‘How can you run for that long?’ Ron looked shocked.
‘Cos I like it… and you just kinda get lost in the music, your thoughts and the feel of it.’
‘You know sometimes I think your mad.’ He replied, obviously not relating to the good feelings you get out of running.
‘You know you should do it more often with the amount of food you stuff in everyday.’ You replied. He gave you a glare and stuck is tongue out.
‘When do you recon you’ll next go?’ Harry asked.
‘Errm.. Probably tomorrow after classes.’
‘Ok I will come with you, as long as you don’t mind.’
‘No, no of course I don’t.’
‘Do you always go out by yourself?’ Hermione asked.
‘No not always.’
‘Who do you go with?’ Ron asked.
‘Erm, I used to go with Ben and Sam, and now Draco comes with me sometimes, or anyone that I meet on the way.’
‘Oh not too bad then.’
‘No its good, but I don’t mind going by myself. Sometimes its better than going with other people, you get more running done and more thinking.’
‘Health freak.’ Ron said smirking.
‘Just because you don’t know what an apple looks like.’

‘Hannah! Fred!’ You heard Angelina call from behind as you walked with Fred.
‘Hey, you alright?’
‘Yeah thanks, just wanted to let you know that we have a match on weds at 2.30, classes are ending early for it.’
‘Great, Who are we against?’ Fred asked.
‘Hufflepuff, should be an easy game.’ She smiled confidently.
‘Of course it will.’ You smirked.
‘Right well, we have practise every night at 7 until then. Hufflepuff have it from 8, and Slytherin and Ravenclaw are not aloud to practise until after the match unless they use lunch times.’
‘Ok, sounds good.’ You smiled, unlike some, you enjoyed every practise, whatever the weather.
‘Cool, see you both tonight.’ She said nodding and heading off.
‘You know, I think you are as bad about quiddich as Oliver was… if you remember who that is?’
You giggled, ‘I don’t have to remember, I see him when ever I go home.’
‘Oh how’s that?’
‘Because, we knew each other when we were little, and my dad trains us in the summer, I expect he’ll let me have everyone over in the summer, now that I want everyone to.’
‘Oh cool, how come we have been friends since your birth and yet I know so little about you, and I have never been to your house despite the fact that you practically live at mine in the summer?’
‘Mmm, personal circumstances.’ He rolled his eyes at you ‘See.’ You both laughed. ‘Come on, lets get to lunch.’

At dinner you had agreed to sit with Fred, George and Lee. You were sat at the bottom of the table with the seventh years, when a paper bird flew into your hand, you opened it up and it read:

Hannah,
we are having another DA meeting tomorrow at 9, please tell the other members that you know, and them to tell their friends. I will see you in the common room/dorm after quiddich. Love Hermione x

Fred was looking at the note questioningly so you passed it to him to read, who passed it to George and Lee etc.
‘I need to go and get my broom so I will meet you guys on the pitch, see you in a bit.’ They all said goodbye and you gave Fred a quick hug and kiss and made your way off out the great hall.

‘Hey wait up!’ you heard from below you.
‘Waiting…’ you smirked turning back towards Draco.
‘Hey your smirk is almost as sexy as mine.’ He smirked back.
‘Almost? How do you know it is even remotely attractive?’
‘Oh come on Hannah, I know you swoon at the sight of it.’
You thought it was probably best to just not say anything, to avoid situations.
‘Jokes.’ He said after a small pause. You gave him a quick shove that made him stumble slightly, before he returned it pushing you right down a corridor that you were passing, he was obviously stronger than he thought. ‘Whoops sorry’ he said grabbing your arm and pulling you back before you fell, with the same strength so that you flew into him making him stumble back, catching you.
You stood in his arms for a brief moment before breaking away.
‘I think you need to reconsider your thoughts on your own strength Mr Malfoy.’ You said carrying on up the next set of stairs, him following.
‘Draco, where are you going?’ you asked just as he caught up.
‘Err, Library, I haven’t done the potions homework for tomorrow yet.’
‘You do know the Library is on the 4th floor don’t you?’
‘Of course.’
‘And that we’re on 6th.’
Suddenly Draco stopped ‘See you first thing tomorrow!’ he called as he turned on his heels and made back down the stairs.

‘That’s great everyone! We play like that on Wednesday and we will thrash them more than usual!’ Angelina said landing on the ground, you all gathering in a circle.
‘So what are the next few fixtures?’ you asked.
‘Slytherin vs. Ravenclaw next week, then Ravenclaw vs. Hufflepuff the next, and then first week back we have another against Slytherin so if you can practise as much as possible over the Christmas period.’ Everyone nodded, some enthusiastically and some not so. ‘Ok everyone, time to head in.’ Angelina said eyeing the Hufflepuffs coming out for their practise.
Everyone headed to the changing rooms giving glares to the Hufflepuffs while you hurried off to meet Hermione.

‘Yeah Harry was no where to be seen most the day… but how was your day?’ Hermione asked.
‘Full… too full for a Sunday.’ You said collapsing onto your bed. ‘And tomorrow is going to be even worse. At least I have the first two and a half hours with Draco.’ You said, then realising what you said ‘shit shit shit please don’t let her take that in the bad way.’ You thought.
‘Yeah, makes potions a bit better then.’
‘Phew’ you thought. ‘Yeah.’ You laughed nervously; luckily Hermione remained oblivious to it all. She rolled over to face you, a questioning look coming over her face. ‘… Do you think Draco is good looking?’
‘Yes!’ you heard Pavarti call out.
‘If he wasn’t a dick then I would sooo be in there!’ Lavender added. What happened to them being asleep?
‘Err… Do you?’ you asked reversing the question.
‘Well… I hadn’t really thought about it before today, but while you were all at quiddich I sat with him doing my homework… and he did look quite cute. So, do you?’
‘Well yeah I suppose.’ You said making it sound as if you had never thought about it before, which was the complete opposite to the truth.
‘So how are you and Fred?’ Hermione asked, you smiled happy to move the convocation onto a more comfortable topic.
‘Amazing…’