Life and Love

Harry Potter Story : Life and Love : 2

The next morning you awoke to being shaken by Hermione.
‘Get up! Get up! Bloody hell it’s like waking Ronald!’
‘I resent that comment.’
‘Well maybe you should have gone to bed earlier, I mean why’d you go to sleep at 1am if you had got in at 11.15?’
‘Sat up talking to Ginny.’ You told her as you walked into the bath room.
‘God knows if she has got up then!’ she called after you.

You took a shower, got dressed, straightened your hair with a spell Hermione had shown you, did your make up and you were soon ready. You walked down from your dorm to see Harry, Ron and Hermione waiting for you.
‘About time!’ Hermione said grabbing your arm and heading towards the door. You looked back at Ron and Harry who were walking behind you, ‘what the hell is this all about, its only 8.15, classes don’t start for another 45 minutes.’
‘You know how Hermione likes to be prepared, she wants her timetable.’ Ron told you, you sighed and walked into the great hall.
You sat down next to Ron and got 4 slices of Jam toast, and placed them on your plate. You looked around at the other people in the Hall; there were hardly any people there. Hardly any owls, just the occasional one dropping off a pair of forgotten socks or something to some forgetful first years.
The Gryffindor table was up against the left wall, then Ravenclaw, Hufflepuff and finally Slytherin who was against the opposite wall.
You looked across to the Hufflepuff table and looked if Sam was there, you scanned up and down but he was no where to be seen. You couldn’t blame him considering that he didn’t need to be down for another 20 minutes. What you did notice though, was Draco Malfoy looking at you, making you feel quite conscious of yourself you asked Hermione if your make up was alright and that you didn’t have jam smeared across your face, but Hermione gave you the all clear, so you put it down to something or someone being behind you.

‘Oh why me.’ You said collapsing your head on the table.
‘You have double potions first too?’ Ron asked you.
‘Oh thank god Ron, will you walk me?’
‘Of course.’
You said goodbye to Harry and Hermione and left for the dungeons. You got down there only to realise that you had it with the Slytherin’s, this made it even worse as Snape favoured the Slytherin’s and hated Gryffindor.
‘Line up against the wall.’ Snape said as everyone walked in.
‘Now we have to try and bond the houses together more this year, so I have to put you in Slytherin / Gryffindor pairs.’ people groaned from both houses.
Snape began to pair people off. ‘Weasley and Parkinson.’ Ron’s face went into complete disgust.
‘Warren and…’ he paused and looked at the Slytherin’s. ‘Malfoy.’
‘Oh no.’ you mumbled under your breath.
‘Is there a problem Miss Warren.’
‘Nope everything is just dandy.’ You said in an overly enthusiastic way.
You and Malfoy took your seats against the far wall, you could see him smirking out the corner of your eye, which you ignored and watched the rest of the pairs.

‘No for goodness sake Malfoy, I’m no good at potions but at least I can read the book.’
‘I am reading it!’ he snapped back.
‘Then why have you put the ashes in before the eyes!’
You and Malfoy’s dispute carried on getting louder and louder.
‘You two get out of my class room! NOW!’ Snape shouted at the two of you.
‘Gladly.’
‘That will be 10 points from Gryffindor for cheek Miss Warren. Now be gone, and you better hope your attitude for my class and towards each other gets better before tomorrow or it will be detention for both of you.’
You looked over to Ron who gave you a sorry look and you left walking up the stairs towards your common room, when you noticed Malfoy was still following you.
‘What is it Malfoy?’ You said without looking at him.
‘I’m going up to the library.’ He said calmly.
‘Oh.’ You were quite taken aback by his tone. ‘Erm, are you ok?’ He was now walking next to you.
‘Yep. You?’
‘Err yeah I’m good thanks. We have a quiddich match on Saturday, you still seeker?’ you spoke quite slowly, not sure whether this was some kind of trick and he was actually about to hex you or something.
‘Yeah, you still a chaser?’ He asked, not ever looking at you.
‘Yeah I am.’ You were not really sure what was going on.
‘Well see you on Saturday then if not before.’ He said, still not looking at you walking down a different corridor.
‘Bye…’ you said watching him walk away, very very confused.

You were one of the first in the hall for lunch, with only a few prefects and 7th years around you. You sat down for lunch and waited for the others to join you, you sat looking over at the door, shortly more people started coming in, including Draco, who looked at you for a brief moment before looking towards Blaise on the Slytherin table and starting up a convocation.
A little while later Harry, Ron and Hermione still had not joined you, but Sam was now sat at the Hufflepuff table with his best friend Ben so you decided to go over.
‘Hey.’ You said smiling at Ben and bending down and kissing Sam’s cheek.
‘Hey H.’ Ben replied while Sam grabbed your legs forcing you to sit on the bench next to him.
‘So how’s your first morning been?’ Sam said turning to you.
‘Double potions. Need I say more?’ the other two laughed as you told them what happened.
‘Well Miss Warren, just lunch time and you’ve already lost house points and been kicked out.’ Sam said leaning in and kissing you. ‘Good job you’re not in Hufflepuff aye.’
You rolled your eyes. ‘Yeah, but considering the points we will win back in quiddich on Saturday I don’t think it will stop us beating you, like we do every year.’ You said smirking at him.
‘Hannah! Don’t leave me sat by myself!’ You heard Harry call from behind you.
‘One second!’ You shouted back.
‘I will see you at dinner then?’ you said standing up and leaning down to kiss Sam.
‘Sure.’ He said sounding a bit pissed off, but you ignored him, you knew he always got jealous of Harry, god knows why. You kissed him and went to walk away, when you noticed Draco looking in your direction once again. When he noticed you were looking back he quickly looked down at his food, so you walked back over to Harry.
‘Sam ok?’ Harry asked as you sat down next to you.
‘Yeah but I think he’s still jealous of you.’ You replied taking some food onto your plate.
‘Why?’
‘No idea. Hey do you want to know the weirdest thing?’
‘Go on then?’
‘I had a short, but civilized convocation with Malfoy.’
Harry looked stunned. ‘That’s right, Draco Malfoy.’
‘Are you serious? Was he ill?’
‘Probably.’ You said with a slight giggle. ‘Although I asked him if he was ok and he said he was fine.’
‘Straanggee.’ Harry said. ‘Oh by the way, quiddich practise tonight at 7.30 straight after dinner.’
‘Sounds good.’
‘Only thing is we have to share with Slytherin.’
You groaned.
‘Thought you’d say that.’

You went to quidditch that night and got on with it, Angelina cut practise short as she didn’t want Slytherin to see any of your tactics for Saturday so you had just worked on general skills.