Life and Love

Harry Potter Story : Life and Love : 8

‘I’d love to Fred.’ You smiled and sighed in relief.
‘Great, I was worried someone would have already asked you.’
You giggled, ‘Fred I’m sure there is not a long line of boys waiting to ask me.’
‘You’d be surprised.’ He grinned.
‘Well I will have to talk to you about it later, I have to go at talk to the others.’
‘Okay see you later Hannah.’

You turned and walked away, seeing the state your hand was in, and got to the common room as quickly as possible.
‘Hannah!’ Harry shouted and the three of them rushed over.
‘Are you ok?’ Hermione asked and you nodded.
‘What happened?’ Ron asked.
‘She got me to write I will not waste my life on pointless games, and told me to write it until I believed it. So I wrote it, and she looked at me expecting me to give in, but I didn’t so I wrote for another 5 minutes and then she stopped me, and I told her that I was never going to believe it, and she told me to leave.’ You told them and then pulled back your sleeve that was covering your hand.
‘Bloody hell Hannah!’ Ron said. ‘Why didn’t you stop?’
‘Because I didn’t want her win.’ They sighed.
‘Come on lets get you cleaned up.’ Hermione said inspecting your blood stained hand. She took you upstairs to the bathroom and cleaned most the blood off, leaving just the deeply cut words. She wrapped a bandage around it, here, It should scab over in the next day or two, I’m afraid I do not know the magic to heal it right here.’ She said looking sorry.
‘Don’t worry about it Hermione, I’ll be fine.’
‘Come on then, lets go and get ready for bed.’ Hermione led you out and you both got changed for bed.

‘I do have some good news though.’ Hermione said getting into bed and facing yours. ‘Ron asked me to the ball.’ She grinned widely.
‘Oh Hermione that’s great!’ you said smiling just as wide. ‘You were obviously first in his books then after the Yuel ball.’ She smiled. ‘Well Hermione looks like we will both be going with a Weasley.’ You smirked.
‘What?! Who was it Fred or George?’ she said looking excited.
‘Fred.’ You smiled lying down and she giggled.
‘Night Hannah.’
‘Night Hermione.’

You squeezed into the tiny gap between the wall and the back of the sofa.
‘Stay here sweetheart, and don’t come out until everything is ok.’ Your mum said crouching down to you, your heart racing, you didn’t know what was going on.
‘Ok mum, I love you.’ You said taking hold of your mother’s hand.
‘I love you too sweetie, and don’t make a sound, whatever happens, promise me.’
‘I promise.’ Your mum let you of your hand and you backed down so that you could hardly see around the edge. All you could see were her legs, not her face; she stood far away from the door in the middle of the sitting room. Suddenly you heard the fly open and you saw your mum whip her wand out her back pocket.
‘You know how many of the other death eaters you have sent to Azkaban? Far to many.’ You heard an evil scratchy voice say.
‘It’s my job.’ Your mum said back in a heroic voice.
‘Well then, I must stop you.’ You heard the voice say and cackled.
‘AVARDA KADAVRA!’ You saw a green beam of light and your mother drop to the floor, you wanted to scream but you couldn’t, you had promised her, you pulled your self out so you could see the person, but you could not see their face due to their hood shadowing their face. They turned and saw you, laughed and disappeared. You screamed.
‘Ahhh!’ You shot bolt upright; you were breathing heavily and had a slight sweat. You saw that Hermione was sat looking at you.
‘I tried to wake you Hannah, I really did.’ She seemed almost scared. ‘Are you okay?’
‘Yeah, just a bit shaken, what’s the time?’
‘Around 6, your lucky Pavarti and Lavender have put silencing charms around their beds; they are monsters when woken up early.’ You tried to laugh, but it was extremely pathetic.
There was a long gap of silence.
‘I don’t want to go back to sleep Hermione, can you come down to the common room and sit by the fire with me?’ She nodded, you were never one to show weakness, and she could tell you were very shaken.
You got up and followed her down and sat on the sofa closest to the fire, while Hermione lit a few candles and opened a few windows, the sky outside was calm, pink and fluffy. She came and sat next to you.
‘Do you need a hug?’ she asked, you turned nodded and rested your head on her shoulder. You stayed like that for a few minutes before taking a deep breath and letting go.
‘Do you want to talk about it?’ she asked, looking quite concerned.
‘Ok, well when I was younger, I had these dreams.’ She nodded encouraging you to go on further. ‘They began straight after my mother’s death. I was there, when she was killed. In the dreams it replays, I hide behind the sofa. She tells me that I cannot move, or make a noise until everything is ok. I don’t really understand, as I was only nine, but I do what she asks, and I promise her. We tell each other that we love each other, and she lets go. I see her stand by the fire place opposite the door, when I hear the door burst open. A scratchy voice tells her that she’s been sending too many death eaters to Azkaban. She was an auror, one of the best. She say’s that it’s her job, proudly and with out an ounce of fear in her voice. The voice says that she has to be stopped, and laughs. Then loudly I hear the killing curse, and watch my mother fall. I want to scream but I physically can’t. I pull out of my hiding place and look at the figure. They are completely hooded so I cannot see, but they turn and look at me, laugh and disappear, and I scream. It was always the same, but I have not had it since I have been at Hogwarts.’

You both sit there silently and stare into the fire, you hear a noise behind you and Hermione looks around quickly.
‘Don’t worry you two, I knew you were there.’ You said not taking your gaze from the fire.
‘We’re sorry Hannah.’ Ron said taking a seat in a near by arm chair.
‘We didn’t mean to ease drop.’ Harry said in a sorry tone.
‘It’s ok. You deserve to know my life a bit better, you are my best friends.’ You said taking your gaze off the fire and smiling weakly at the two of them. You all sat there in silence for a while, reflecting on your thoughts. It wasn’t an awkward silence, it was just needed.
‘So…’ You said trying to move on from what had just happened. ‘Harry’s the odd one out.’
‘Why cos Harry’s the only guy?’ Hermione said returning the atmosphere back to normal, and Ron making an offended face.
‘No.’ you laughed. ‘Because he is the only one with out a date to the ball.’ You smiled.
‘What you’ve all already got dates, it’s hardly been 24 hours!’
‘Who are you going with?’ Ron asked.
‘Your brother.’ You replied, he gave you a questioning look.
‘Fred.’ Hermione answered for you.
‘Oh and don’t worry Harry, I know exactly who you want to ask, and you are going to meet me outside the library at 9, and you are going to ask Cho to meet you at ten past ok?’ He sighed, knowing you knew him too well.
‘Ok.’
‘Good. Thanks guys. For Everything.’ You smiled and got up to go and shower.

‘Hey, you got the book?’ Draco asked as you met him at the end of the great hall.
‘Yeah Fred gave it to me at lunch, lets go. You and Draco made your way up to the library.
‘What happened to your hand?’ he asked looking concerned and taking your hand into his as he looked at the bandage, which now had the blood showing through slightly from where you had knocked it in quidditch practise.
‘Oh just one of Umbridge’s detentions.’ You say not making anything out of it.
‘Ouch, what a cow.’ He said dropping your hand as you walked into the Library.
‘There we go, you just need to finish the conclusion and we are done.’ You said happily passing the essay back to Draco one last time. He finished the writing and passed it over to you, you looked at the clock and you were meeting Harry in 5 minutes.
‘You better look after it, I will probably loose it.’ He smiled. You smiled back, you both looking at each other for a while. ‘Ooh... he’s actually rather fit.’ You thought, and he broke the gaze and looked down at his hands.
‘Err, Hannah, I was wondering, would you like to go to the ball with me?’ he said.
‘Oh bugger.’ You thought.
‘Err... I would have, but Fred has already asked me, sorry.’ You gave him a sympathetic smile.
‘Oh, that’s ok; will you save me one of your three dances though?’
‘Of course.’ You smiled. ‘I have to meet Harry, see you later.’ You jumped up and to yours and his surprise let down and kissed him on the cheek. You smiled to yourself and walked out.

‘Right you ready to do this?’ You said walking out to Harry.
‘No, but I doubt I will ever be.’ He said fiddling his fingers.
‘Have you got everything ready?’
‘Yeah.’ He took the rose out his pocket and passed it to you, you checked the label to make sure the hand writing was readable and smiled.
‘Perfect. Come on, we better hide or she will see us.’ You grabbed his arm and pulled him behind the pillar.
‘After, tell her you have to meet me and send her away, and then I will come out after she has gone so she doesn’t know it was my idea.’ You whispered.
Shortly after Cho appeared, and stood just where you and Harry had been.
‘Go.’ You whispered to Harry passing him the rose. He took out his wand and began to levitate it over to her, she picked it out of the air and read the label. She smiled widely.
‘Wow, she actually can look happy.’ You thought.
‘Harry.’ She said turning around, you pushed Harry out and he went up to her.
‘Of course I will!’ she gave him a hug.’
‘Really? That’s great.’ Harry grinned. They stood looking at each other for a while.
‘Err… well I have to wait for Hannah so I guess I will see you tomorrow then.’
‘See you tomorrow.’ She said softly leaning up and kissing him on the cheek before walking away, Harry standing still in a dreamy state. You came out the shadows.
‘You are the most amazing person I’ve ever met you know that Hannah?’ He said turning to you.
‘I know.’ You smiled. ‘Now here is the bad side of this, I won’t be around you at the ball.’
‘Why?’ he said sounding slightly offended.
‘Because I cannot stand Cho Chang.’ He just laughed.
‘Okay, well save one of your three dances for me will you?’
‘Of course Harry.’ You gave him a hug and made back for the common room.