With Ears to See

Here We Are

“Austin, what are you so afraid of?”
I stood behind Kellin and wrapped my arms around his waist.

“I’m just a little nervous…and worried. That’s all.”
Utterly terrified with a mixture of anxiety and nausea was the best way to describe the way I was feeling right now.

Three months.
I knew it was going to happen, but I still had my doubts.

I still feared the outcome.

“Austin, listen. You’re my fiancé. I love you so much, and I have made my decision for a reason. Nothing is going to change that, understand?”

I was taken aback a little by his words, but I smiled and let a small tear fall.

“Okay.”

He took off the bandage and turned to face me.
He squinted a little to focus, but soon a huge smile was plastered on his face.

I shifted my stance a little and gave him a sheepish smile.
He placed a hand on my cheek and wiped the tear away.

“Even more handsome than I imagined.”

Blood quickly rushed to my cheeks, causing his already huge smile to grow wider – if that was even possible.
He grabbed my hands and intertwined our fingers like his usually does.

“It’s perfect timing, too. Our big day is in a couple of days and I don’t have to worry too much when I’m walking down the aisle. Plus…”
He stood up on his toes and kissed me.

“I finally get to see the man that I fell madly in love with.”
He looked at me, studying my features before he rested his head against my chest.

“It was a long, hard three months…but honestly, it was worth it. To think, about a year ago, I didn’t want to go through with it. I wanted the past to stay hidden so I could move on, but that’s what prevented me from doing so.”
“And now here we are.”

He sighed in content as he wrapped his arms around me.

“Yeah. Here we are.”

x x x

“Look at you! So handsome with your purple bowtie! Duōme zhēnguì!”

Mei-Xing was standing on a stool, fixing said bowtie and smiling brightly the whole time.

“I knew this was going to happen, but I’m still so excited for you and Kellin!”
“I’m just as excited as you are.”

“O-ho. No doubts or fears today?”
“No…I’m not scared anymore. I’m not the same insecure guy I was two years ago, and I have you, Haneul, and Kellin to thank for that.”

She placed her hands on my shoulder, her expression warm and kind.

“You and Kellin have come a long way in life, and I’m very proud of you two.”
“Thank you, Mei-Xing.”

She pulled me into a tight hug and patted me on the back before she moved away.

“I do want grandchildren, though, so I’m entrusting you to make that happen in the future!”
“M-Mei-Xing!”

She let out a mischievous laugh as she stepped down from the stool.

“Come on, Beet-Face. We have to be at the altar in two minutes.”
“Coming…”

x x x

I’m anxious.
The love of my life is going to walk down the aisle any second.
And then…

The sound of the string quartet playing pulled me from my thoughts, and there he was.
He slowly made his way up here with Haneul at his side; the flower girl – Tanya’s daughter – and the ring bearer – Tanya’s son – followed closely after.

He finally made it and we were soon face to face, the preacher standing next to us.
The room grew quiet, and the preacher began to speak.

“Dearly Beloved, we are gathered here today in the presence of these witnesses, to join Austin Robert Carlile and Kellin Quinn Bostwick in matrimony commended to be honorable among all; and therefore is not to be entered into lightly but reverently, passionately, lovingly and solemnly. Into this – these two persons present now come to be joined. If any person can show just cause why they may not be joined together – let them speak now or forever hold their peace.”

There was a moment of silence – thank God.

“Alright. Now if the couples will exchange their vows.”

I took a deep breath and took Kellin’s hands in mine.

“Kellin, there are so many words out there to describe you. Beautiful, charming, confident, but overall, you are the most amazing person I have ever met in my life. You defied so many challenges. You’re so strong-willed and after everything you’ve been through, you still manage to live life with open arms and a kind smile. You pulled me up when I was at an all-time low. You gave me a shoulder to cry on when I didn’t know what to do with myself. I am the person I am today because of you, and I will forever be grateful. You are the love of my life, and I want to spend forever and a day with you as your husband.”

He wiped a couple of tears away before he spoke.

“Austin, you are the love of my life. You were the only man that I admired who didn’t judge me by my incapability to see. You didn’t judge me by the things I found happiness or comfort in. You treated me like I was another normal human being. In the past two years, we’ve had our ups and downs, our fears and worries, and our conflicts. We’ve been through so much together, and I can’t imagine my life without you. I love you so much, and I am overjoyed to be your husband.”

He wiped his tears away again and smiled at me.

“And now the couple will exchange their rings.”

The ring bearer held them up on their resting place toward us, receiving small collective ‘awes’ from the audience.
I was first to pick up the ring.

“I, Austin Robert Carlile, give you, Kellin Quinn Bostwick, this ring as a symbol of my love and faithfulness. As I place it on your finger, I commit my heart and soul to you. I ask you to wear this ring as a reminder of the vows we have spoken today, our wedding day.” I spoke as I slid the ring onto his finger.

Kellin picked up the other ring.

“I, Kellin Quinn Bostwick, give you, Austin Robert Carlile, this ring as a symbol of my love and faithfulness. As I place it on your finger, I commit my heart and soul to you. I ask you to wear this ring as a reminder of the vows we have spoken today, our wedding day.” He slid the ring onto my finger.

The two of us couldn’t stop smiling at each other.

"By the power vested in me, I now pronounce you husband and husband. You may now kiss the groom."
I pulled Kellin close to me and smirked.

“With pleasure.”

As our lips met, the audience cheered loudly, some clapping and some wolf-whistling as well.

We pulled away and I felt my heart skip a beat when Kellin’s ocean blue eyes finally met mine, staring at me with pure love and adoration.

“I love you, Kellin Quinn Bostwick.”
“I love you too, Austin Robert Carlile.”
♠ ♠ ♠
One more chapter, lovelies. ;D
WristsR4Bracelets, ProductOfA_Chocolate, Evka483 <3
'Til the last chapter!