Status: wrote this randomly, hope you like! ♥

Cardinal Sins

Cardinal Sins

There was once a girl who was as pretty as a picture- with long flowing locks, the colour of chestnuts, and warm hazel eyes. However, she was bestowed with a rather foul personality; she would often demand to eat the most richest, and biggest, piece of cheesecake that her devoted parents' cook could muster up- but this beautiful female would utter a piercing scream until presented with her 'treat'. This was the first, and most prominent, sin she would commit to.

Being the glutton our person- let us call her Belle for my creativity's sake- was, she would laze about day after day (a side effect often suffered from in modern society) on the onyx leather sofa leaning against the far left wall. This would cause Belle to drift in and out of her materialistic dreams and desires- a habit which is not recommended to anyone wanting to live without those annoying preachers screeching "repel for your life of sin!" at your front door. Anyway, Belle was happy to relax for every moment of her remaining lifespan but she ended up with a thick oozing layer of greasy fat underneath her slimy skin. This was the result of sloth.

When looking in her mirror of vanity, wearing an amusing face of disgust, she decided that she would get rid of her putrid rolls that made her appear like an ivory balloon. Making sure to leave sometime early to journey for school, Belle ventured to the monstrous midnight-coloured building called 'Gymnasium'. The girl had come here as a last resort, after plunging herself into stressful extensive research on how to shed her excess pounds off (and, admittedly, eating some oily crisps whilst doing so). Several weeks of intensive exercise later, her saggy rolls had shrunk remarkably and her body now revealed the rippling of muscle. This was the key moment where the next sin formed: pride.

Her soul, already contaminated enough, welcomed this new sensation. It encouraged her to show her new self to the world, in all her glory. Yet her peers deemed her arrogant and selfish, determined not to help her achieve her want for the new boy, whom held a striking resemblance to the hideous singing sensation Justin Bieber. Belle ignored them, caking her face with foundation the colour of oranges, and using her mascara to create spiders on her face, to impress the ill-mannered male- who loved to spit on those strangely intoxicated women devoted to him. Putting on a generous helping of crimson lipstick on her lips, giving the illusion of an infected gash across her face, Belle deemed that she was ready to face her prince. This was the foundations of lust.

Rejection slapped her like a hornet's harsh sting, causing her to succumb to envy. It gradually consumed her entire being, causing the need to lock herself inside her room after several days of tolerating the feeling. Week by week, she refused to journey outside, which caused her to eventually wasting away. However, on the third week of bringing her food which she rarely ate, her mother managed to unlock the door, Belle was a crumpled heap on the floor, covered in her own comical make up, and fortunately- or unfortunately, depending on your perspective- dead.

To the rejoice of most who knew her, the dreadful woman could not succumb to the rest of the cardinal sins.