Savanna Black

Prologue

“Savanna! Will you come down here for a moment?” her uncle called out.

“Coming, Uncle John!” she replied.

Savanna Lily Black, 13, was an incoming third year at Hogwarts Witchcraft and Wizardry, living with her Uncle John, her mother’s brother. Savanna carefully inserted her essay on her Transfiguration book, recapped her ink and went downstairs to see what her uncle was up to.

“What is it, Uncle…” Savanna began but stopped. “Good evening, Professor Dumbledore.”

Savanna greeted the school headmaster, who was seated across her uncle. Savanna could tell that she has interrupted a hurried conversation.

“Ah, good evening, Miss Black, I am afraid I have shown up and disturbed you and your uncle.”

“It’s nothing, professor.” Uncle John said.

“I was just about to start on an essay..” she said but stopped and sat next to her uncle.

“As what I have told you before, Miss Black, you are a very clever and talented witch just like your mother and father. However, I came here to tell you that you and your uncle need to be extra careful.” he said.

“What happened, sir?” Uncle John asked Professor Dumbledore.

“As it happens, Savanna’s father has escaped Azkaban an hour ago.” the headmaster said.

“But..” Savanna began.

“The dementors are very angry. Nobody has escaped from them before.” Dumbledore said.

“But he doesn’t know about Savanna, does he?” Uncle John asked.

“I believe he doesn’t, but nevertheless, we have to be careful. Although Sirius is most likely to be after Harry Potter, we still have to think about safety. Word travels very fast and it is only a matter of time before Sirius finds out about Savanna.” Professor Dumbledore said.

Professor Dumbledore and Uncle John talked some more, but Savanna’s mind was somewhere else. She knows Harry Potter, of course, no one in their world doesn’t know about him and the Dark Lord and although, Savanna wasn’t close to Harry, she knew that Harry was a kind person and his friends, Hermione Granger and Ron Weasley were very loyal to him. The three were inseparable!

“I’ll see you at Hogwarts, very soon, Miss Black.” Professor Dumbledore said and left.

“What do we do?” Savanna asked her uncle.

“You are going back to Hogwarts, Savanna..” he began.

“But..” Savanna tried to butt in.

“Sav, it is what your mother would want.” Uncle John said and Savanna nodded. “Now, I want you to pack everything now. We’re moving to the Leaky Cauldron.” he added.

“Why?” Savanna asked, looking straight into her uncle’s eyes.

“Because, we are going to move to Hogsmeade.” her uncle said and Savanna nodded, once again, heeding her uncle.

Savanna went upstairs and in her room, she began to pack all her belongings and prepared.