Savanna Black

Chapter 5- Savanna's Werewolf Problems

(GEORGE's POV)

I woke up from a pleasant dream something about me and a girl by the lake. I turned, expecting to see Fred, but instead, I saw Lee.

"Finally, he wakes up. Have you seen Fred?" Lee asked.

"I was sleeping all the time wasn't I?" I answered and Lee hooted with laughter.

"Yeah, right, sleeping my arse! I've heared you muttered something like "kiss me" or something."

"Ah, but you know I've fallen in love with the giant squid on the lake." I said.

I stretched out and got ready for breakfast as soon as Lee left me. It was unusual of Fred to leave without me, I wonder, where did my twin go. I walked right out and found Lee and a couple of people looking at someone on the couch in the common room. I elbowed past Ron and my eyes widened when I saw Fred snuggling with Savannah. Lee smirked.

"So this is why." I said and shook my head.

"Nutter." Ron said and I looked at him.

"Give it a rest, will you or next time Savanna disarms you I'll tell ask her to jinx you as well."

"Why are you suddenly grumpy?" Lee asked me.

"Am I?" I answered but Lee shook his head. "We better wake them up, in style." I added and winked.

I pulled out a firecracker from my pocket and when everyone who was huddled began to clear off, I set it off and a couple of erupted, causing Fred to jump a bit and land on the floor, bringing Savanna with him.

"What is going on?!" Percy demanded while everyone laughed.

"That's what's going on, Perce." I said, pointing at Fred and Savanna.

"Good morning." Fred greeted with a smile and looked at us. Percy scowled and left the common room.

"Oh goodness!" Savanna said as I helped her to her feet.

"Wonderful wake up call for you two." I teased.

"Oh, shut up." Savanna said.

"Breakfast you two." I said.

(SAVANNA's POV)

My eyes widened as I bumped into Fred on my way down The Great Hall. He and George laughed.

"Don't be so shy, Sav. It's fine with me if you choose to sleep with Fred." George teased, his eyebrows dancing up and down.

"I'm hungry and I'm running late." I said.

"You're going to have breakfast with us." the twins declared and dragged me with them to The Great Hall.

"Morning, Sav." Harry greeted with a knowing smile.

"Morning." I greeted and sat in front of him, while Ron looked at me and concentrated on his rolls.

"What have you got this morning, love?" Fred asked me.

Ron, Hermione, Harry, Lee, Seamus, Neville and almost everyone looked up from their breakfast to look at me and Fred. I looked at Fred, then looked at George and the three of us laughed.

"Defense Against the Dark Arts, love." I answered, playing along with Fred.

"You two won't start snogging in front of me, will you?" he asked us.

"Would you like us to, Georgie?" I answered, smirking.

"NO." George half-yelled, causing some people from other houses to look at us and once again, Fred and I laughed.

I breezed through classes the rest of the day and before I knew it, I was in the dungeons, joining Harry, Ron, Hermione and the rest of the Gryffindors and Slytherins for Potions.

"Oi, Savanna! Draco needs someone to carry his books." Pansy said and I looked at her.

"Carry it yourself, pug-face." I snapped and she looked at me and hissed. "I thought pigs make oink noises and cats hiss, it turns out you don't have brains that much, Parkinson." I added and Harry, Ron, Hermione and some of the Gryffindors laughed.

Professor Snape eyed me with a malicious look but I refused to be intimidated. I don't know what's wrong with me. I should be sad, I should be alone, right? But right now, it's like I've finally seen the sunshine after two years of snow in Hogwarts. My head snapped up when I heard Seamus talking about Sirius Black being spotted.

"Are you hoping to rejoin your father, Sav?" Draco sneered at me when Potions was over.

"No, but I'm hoping he'd show me how to kill you, Draco." I said and walked away from him.

I made my way to the Defense Against the Dark Arts classroom, opened the door and found everyone in my year already seated. I was hoping to sit at the back of the class, but instead I found myself sitting beside Hermione.

"Are you alright, Sav?" she asked.

"Yeah, I am, Hermione. Thanks." I answered and she smiled.

Professor Lupin came in and told us to keep our books and quills and that, the only thing we need was our wands. By this time, I was beginning to feel excited, maybe because Professor Lupin's eyes twinkled when he looks at me or maybe because for the first time, I felt at home. Professor Lupin led us to a deserted corridor, where we bumped into Peeves. After a little trick that Professor Lupin showed us, we finally came inside the staffroom and taught us a spell, which we are to use against boggarts or as what Hermione call as shapeshifters.

"Concentrate on what frightens you most in the world." I heard Professor Lupin say.

Everyone around me was thinking about what frightened them the most. I looked up and realized I was standing next to Harry, who was at a loss. I thought about a guy named Fenrir Greyback. A werewolf who bites kids of the people who offended them. I remembered Uncle John once offended him and we had to run.

"Savanna, your turn." Professor Lupin finally said and I stepped forward.

I faced the boggart, heard a crack sound and a werewolf stood in front of me. I swallowed fear, biting my lip and saw Professor Lupin's face, paling a little.

"Riddikulus!" I finally managed to say just as the boggart-werewolf was about to launch itself at me.

"T-thanks, Harry." I said as Harry helped me to my feet and he smiled.

"Fred and George are right, you and floors." he said, shaking his head as Ron was facing his boggart.

After Professor Lupin told us about homework and everyone stepped out of the classroom, I found myself walking alone.

"Savanna?"

I turned and saw Professor Lupin walking. I stopped and soon, we were walking side by side.

"So you're afraid of werewolves?" he asked.

"That and dementors, Professor." I answered and he nodded slowly.

"What made you afraid of werewolves?" he asked kiindly but I could tell he was bursting to tell me something more exciting. I looked at him for awhile.

"Right after my first year here, my Uncle John offended a man named Fenrir Greyback.." I began and I noticed Professor Lupin's face turned into something like anger, then his face relaxed and he held onto his suitcase very tight. "One time, he came over and attempted to attack me.."

"Did..did he get you?" he asked, sounding so aghast and concerned all at the same time.

"No, my uncle stunned him, the very last minute, grabbed me and disapparated into a new home."

"Sorry to hear that, Savanna." he said.

"No problem, Professor. I'm not that afraid anymore." I said and he looked at me.

"What if he comes back for you?" he asked me.

"I already have a plan, Professor. You see, with my uncle gone, I have nothing but the Malfoys to go to, but tonight, I will ask Professor Dumbledore if I could stay here in Hogwarts instead. Have a good day, Professor." I answered and left him, looking at me with interest and a little pity.

(FRED's POV)

I looked up as I heard Savanna sigh and slam her book shut. George did the same.

"What's up?" I asked softly as we were inside the library.

"Detention with Snape." Savanna answered.

"Come on, let me and George walk you." I offered and stood up, George followed suit.

"Are you sure you don't want us to break you out of that detention?" George offered for the tenth time.

"It's just lines." Savanna answered casually.

"Well, I suppose.." I began.

"Thanks, guys." Savanna said as we stopped outside Snape's office.

We watched as Savanna knocked and then came inside the office. George and I looked at each other and walked back to the common room.

"You fancy her, don't you?" George asked and I chuckled.

"No but I know someone who does." I answered and smirked.

"Who?" he asked.

"Not going to tell. Anyway, Savanna told me last night that she had no place to go when this year ends and I was wondering..." I began.

"Whether mum will let her stay? You know I'm with you on this, but mum will not allow that."

"We can try?" I suggested.

"I suppose if you really want to." George said. "You really fancy her." he added.

"No, I don't." I said.

We bade Ron and Hermione goodnight and went to bed.