Status: Active As Can Be

You Can Get the Monkey Off Your Back, but the Circus Never Leaves Town

My Accident

I picked out the first thing that looked ok for a night out. A simple black dress, spiderweb tights, and black wedges. I didn't have to worry about being out in the crowd because he had put me on the list.

I hopped in the shower and started getting dressed. I thought about going to see Jimmy before I left. I had some thinking to do before that though.

Most of all, I needed to apologize to Craig and TJ.

I may not know TJ, but I've only heard one side of the story. It's not fair to not listen.

So I called Craig. I expected him to not answer because they seemed to have practice.

"Hello?"

"Alex?" I questioned in surprise.

"Draven?" I looked back at my phone and of course, I had accidentally called Alex since they were both in the favorites on my phone.

"uh, yeah..." A moment of awkward silence followed my last reply.

I went to tell him I called him by accident but he responded at the same time.

"Oh you first." He sighed knowing there was no arguing with me.

"Look, I'm sorry for what I said in March. I know you're going through a tough time and that's going to take time to heal all the open wounds. I just.... I miss you... a lot." I sighed.

"I know. I miss you too 'Lex" He sighed, almost as if letting out a breath that he had been holding.

"You missed so much baby doll. Mikey isn't coming back and Jason is staying. Plus Andrew isn't with us anymore, we're actually looking for a new drummer right now." The shock traveled to my face.

"A new drummer? why?" He sighed.

"Well we kinda need a drummer to tour. Ya know we're doing the MIW tour in November...." I knew where this was going.

"Alex I just started talking to you. I don't think this is the time to try and loop me into doing tech-"

"I wasn't going to ask. I knew you'd say no. I was just telling you why we needed a new drummer." I stayed quiet, I had just made an ass out of myself.

"But, we do need tech's." I sighed.

"Look, I know you don't wanna see him and if that's the only thing preventing you then know that he's not touring with them anymore." I stayed quiet, but he didn't continue.

"Why not?" I asked a few moments later.

"He started a band. He's recording right now."

"Band?" He chuckled.

"Yeah it's called Kuza." I scoffed. Really?

"Anyways, I know you miss touring. You lived for it Draven..." I sighed.

"Let me talk to Trevor." He hummed into the phone.

"Trevor?" I sighed. Not talking to Alex prevented me from telling him all the developments in my life the last few months.

"Uh, yeah... Trevor. Remember? The guy I met when I started working at Chain?"

"Oh, yeah I remember him. Why would you need to ask him first?" I sighed.

"Well we're....," I trailed off trying to find the right word, "Together."

"What? You got a rebound?"

"He's not a rebound." I snapped quickly.

"Alrighty then, you have a not a rebound. When did that happen?"

"Last night." He chuckled.

"Well 6 months doesn't make that much of a difference after all." I laughed.

"I guess so."

Alex and I spent the next hour catching up. I missed the chance to go see Jimmy before going to the show but that was ok. I had my best friend back.

THE NEXT DAY

Last night Trevor was so happy I ended up going to the show. It had given us the time to agree to give us a try. However, it was at the same time as him leaving for about a month. He left with the promise to call at least once a day and he said he had something else planned.

The unknown made me smile. Not for long, seeing as how I had to continue into reality while he was gone. He kept his promise of making sure to call me at least once a day, on days off we spoke on Skype and would speak for hours at a time on both.

Finally, about a week later the unknown showed up in the mail box. In almost perfect calligraphy, my name and the address was written on the front of the envelope. Inside were several beautiful poems and about a dozen drawings of random things, one was of me from the night before the show. Finally, there was a letter, also written in a calligraphy font. It was Trevor telling me how much he missed me. At about a page in length, I was crying by the time I hit the third paragraph.
♠ ♠ ♠
And after 3 comments(one someone messaged me) this is the next chapter as promised.