Save Yourself

Sherlocked

Sherlock and I made our way from the airport to a hotel via a rental car, finding a taxi unnecessary because we didn't want to leave any sort of trail - the plane alone had been a risk. Plus, I could still, unfortunately, navigate these roads like the back of my hand - unable to erase them from my memory.

Once we reached the hotel, Sherlock checked in for us. Despite the change in haircolor, hat, and sunglasses, I was still incredibly terrified someone might recognize me. Just being in this country again gave me goosebumps. Sherlock shuttled me to the room, assuring me he'd booked one close to the exit and on ground level - just in case.

"Oh, one bed?" I asked, raising my eyebrow as we walked into the room, "Feeling saucy, aren't we, Sherlock?"

"Shut up, it was all they had." He muttered, however I noticed the smallest amount of smirk on his face.

"Can I ask you something?"

Sherlock nodded, now sitting on the bed, removing his shoes. It was strange seeing him do such... normal things I'd never seen him do before. Though, contrary to popular belief, he wasn't actually a robot.

"Nevermind." I said, turning away from him. I could hear Sherlock sigh, before the creak of the bed as he walked over to me, placing his hands on my shoulders to make me face him.

"What is it?"

"Now isn't the time."

"Kara, don't... Do that."

I sighed, staring up at him. Unlike Sherlock, I couldn't read all the signs. I couldn't tell if he knew what I was thinking or if it bothered him to not know. All I knew was that the rain outside was beginning to start, my heart was pounding, and I was incredibly aware of how close he was standing and how alone we were.

"Do you even think of me that way?" I finally managed to whisper.

"That's complicated, Kara. I am... complicated, Kara."

"I don't find you complicated at all. That's your problem, Sherlock, you think no one understands you, you think you're so alone, " I began to tear up, angry at the same time, "But you're not the only one in this world who feels alone. And that's the problem, that's why it scares you to be near me."

"Why?"

"Oh, can't you deduce it, genius?! Because for the first time in our lives we don't feel alone when we are near each other."

And that was it. I had finally said it. As soon as the words left my mouth, I expected Sherlock to take his hands off of me, to storm out of the room. Or maybe he would say something rude, something to push me away from him even further, anything to get away from the feelings he'd convinced himself he couldn't feel years ago - for whatever reason.

Instead, he wrapped his hands around my waist, lifting me off the ground, pulling me into a kiss as furious as his personality. I wrapped my arms around his neck, allowing the impact to send us toppling over onto the bed. I opened my mouth to voice how this was a bad idea, how we should stop, but Sherlock's hands found my face, pulling my lips onto his again.

The sound of the rain and thunder outside seemed to align with our bodies, and I tried desperately not to overthink the man underneath me allowing me to unbutton his shirt. My fingers ran through his hair, something I'd thought about over and over again all the many times he'd sit in his chair in the corner, completely ignoring me. I think he'd figured out early on it drove me insane, or maybe he didn't. As soon as my dress had been unzipped, Sherlock froze, hands on my waist.

"What? What is it?" I asked, wondering if he'd started his second thoughts.

"It's just, obviously... erm.. Obviously I don't do this often."

"Yeah, Sherlock, if it weren't for the state of your jeans, I might think you were asexual like the rest of the world."

"It's compl-"

"Everything about you is complicated Sherlock and I do not care. I don't know what this means or what will come from it. Hell, maybe we even leave it all here when we return home; but I know we both want this now, and that's all that matters to me. Maybe you do love me, maybe you aren't capable of love. I don't care. I do not care about the rest of the world outside that damn door. I care about now."

Sherlock smiled his infamous half-smile, pulling me close to him, "You do manage to have a way with words that I do not, Kara."

"Yeah, well," I scoffed, wiping the tears from my eyes as I pushed him back onto the bed, "Just don't go telling all your skulls and dead body parts back at home I've been Sherlocked."