Constant Recovery

Prologue

Prologue

I tapped my fingers against the cold chair and waited with four other people. All of them trying different ways to calm their nerves as the clipboard was passed to the first student. He shaked badly and quickly wrote what the lady told us to write. Name and Reason. Great. Barley reached the school and people are already going to know why I was thrown in this hell hole. The lady cleared her throat and I looked up noticing the clipboard was being handed to me. I grabbed it out of the boys hands, looking upwards as everyone starred at me. I scribbled it as fast as I could.

Kellin Quinn - Attempted Suicide

I passed it and watched the unstable girl as she rubbed the back of her neck and read everyones information. Why couldn't we have done this separately? The clipboard was passed back to the teacher and we all waited anxiously for our room numbers. I looked down at the very badly printed piece of paper I had been handed. Clairemont High Reform School: A Good Place To Learn. God, that definitely made me excited to hit the books. Maybe even literally.

"Austin Carlile." The lady called out. The boy next to me shot up from his chair with his luggage's and rushed over to the front counter. He seemed very nervous, probably had bad social anxiety. I watched as she handed him a key, shaking as he grabbed it. Looking back over at the two people left next to me the next girl was called while Austin pushed past the double doors painfully lost.

I watched as the girl, Taylor, was being patted up. I guess she must have been in here because of something to do with weapons? She looked at me and smiled then rolled her eyes as the lady asked her if she had anything in her luggage's.

"I want to talk to Austin." The boy next to me said, his long ginger hair pushing against his face. "Do you think he'll talk to me?" I smiled at him slightly as he ran his hands up and down against his skin. "Why wouldn't he?" I questioned him.

"People don't usually talk to drug addicts, but you're nice so thanks for talking to me." My smile instantly faded while he pinched his skin.

"Kellin Quinn." I quickly got up from my chair while the boy said goodbye. I was given my key, room number, and poor directions on where my dorm would be at. I sighed looking at doors that would lead to a completely different life for me. Without a second thought I walked towards them and past them.