Status: It will active...Ish as I have muse

I'll Check in Tomorrow if I Don't Wake Up Dead

We Full On Freak The Cops

"Ah. I see you found my lost victim. We didn't properly meet I'm Gerard Way; you probably just know me as the guy who's nose you broke. Good swing." Turning slowly Lily raised her eyes up to meet his and squeaked out a hello.

"Alright, you're going to follow me, we can discuss this over some real coffee not this shit the precinct serves. Don't worry I don't bite Sugar." The man laughed, grating Lily's nerves. She didn't want to go anywhere with him in fact she'd taken a rather strong disliking to him. Wordlessly she grabbed her coat and watched Frankie who nodded encouragingly.

"I'll be here when you two get back." Quietly following the raven-haired man who didn't speak much Lily brushed by other people waiting in line or shouting with police.

"So, what were you doing out there. It's a dangerous part of town and you would be dead if I hadn't shown up. You do know that right?" His voice was rather smug, and pleased with himself as if Lily owed him some huge favor for luck, and him doing his fucking job. "Anyway, you're going to have to testify against Demetrius. I will too and until that time Captain will probably place you into witness protection."

This shocked the woman, and the fact that Gerard spoke of all this as if he were relating how much the Giants scored in their last game.

"Do I have to?" There was a small drag in her voice at the prospective of leaving so soon around Christmas and testifying against some drug lord's son. She was going to end up with a bullet between her eyes. Lily just knew it.

"If you don't testify it's an obstruction of justice. You'll also have to undergo witness protection unless you want to get shot up before then."

"I'm not going without my family then. They're in danger too." There was a defiant edge to Lily's voice as Gerard whirled around to look at her.

"You're lucky that you're going, never mind your family. It's up to Captain anyway." He seemed to be losing his patience and Lily smirked glad to see the crack in his cheery façade. It was much easier to view him as the enemy then a friend; so that's what Lily did. They glared at each for a split second hostility between them as Gerard turned away.

"Well then I don't even want coffee. I just want to talk to your superior now and get this over with so I can go back to living my life without this shit dragging me down." Lily snapped at him before turning on her heel and walking back to the precinct Gerard following behind her.

"I don't know what crawled up your ass 'Mam but I'm only trying to help. I mean I only saved your life tonight." She scoffed at him.

"As you were doing your job, and what crawled up my ass? I almost died and now I have to uproot my life to go somewhere because of bad timing." There was a moment of silence that stretched out until they were back in the police officer's building.

"C'mon. You wanted to see Capt., and see what he wanted to do, well lets go." The cop snapped with a gruff voice. With that Gerard took the lead and they walked past the crowded front room to an office encased with glass. The raven haired cop didn't even knock as he opened the door walking straight in.

"Tony, this is the victim I found her. Well go on Sugar tell him what you told me." She glared at him, not being appreciated being called Sugar before launching into her story; then demands. The Capt. merely nodded and sighing closed his eyes.

"How much family are we talking Lily?" Finally someone who knew her fucking name.

"Just my mother and my brother. They're the only family over here. I mean I have family in Ireland, which explains my accent it's not really a speech impediment a lot of Americans seem to think so, but I haven't talked to them in eleven years." Capt. gave Lily an appraising look before looking at Gerard.

"Well I have four people who need to go into witness prote-" Gerard cut him off fiercely

"No fu- way! No it's not happening. I should be working and taking care of the rest of the scum." His eyes shone with anger and Capt. stood up.

"This is what I am deciding Gerard. You're taking Lily and protecting her, and her family and going to Ireland. Take Frank with you for all I care the more cops I have for you guys the better. This could be the big break in the case Gerard. I'm not letting another cop get shot over this, or another cop's fiancée; we need to end it. It'll only be for a couple months at most. That's final; you'll go your apartment Lily. Gerard I'd like it if you went but I can't force Lily to let you in; then go collect your parents tomorrow." Lily stared at the Captain as if he had three heads though nodded glumly. This. Sucked. Balls. Turning around though she noticed the door was opened slightly and Frank hovering in the doorway. He looked a bit awkward and he cleared his throat.

"Vacation to Ireland, thanks Capt." Glowering at the cop the Captain growled "I thought I told you to stop eavesdropping on me?" To which Frank only shrugged.

"I can meet you at the airport tomorrow Lily and Gerard. I have to pack tonight." With that he rushed out of view. Lily also stood and made her way out of the captains office. Turning back to Gerard she asked poisonously "Well are you coming?" Before continuing her slow pace out of the prescient. Gerard did follow though once Lily got outdoors he sighed.

"I have a car out back. It's not a cop car don't give me that look, it's my own we'll take it back to your place. Just give me your address so I know how to get there." Muttering it rather sullenly Lily followed Gerard to his banged up looking car sliding into the passenger side. They drove in silence the tension much to thick so she pulled out her phone calling Connor. She didn't care it was approaching 1 in the morning and Connor must not of minded because he picked up after the first ring.

"Connor it's me. I am being put into witness protection service they didn't really give me a clear answer of how long or where I'd be going." The less Connor knew the better. There was pause before he answered slowly

"Then you're missing the wedding?" A shot of joy ran through Lily's veins.

"Oh shit man, I'm sorry. I guess I might be. If I do make it I'll come down for sure." There was a pause

"Do you wanna stay over tonight? I'll drive you wherever you need to go in the morning." Lily's heart pulled and she leaned her head against the window.

"No. One of the cops is staying the night at my place, and driving me over tomorrow I'll be alright don't worry."

"Of course I'm going to worry you're like... my little sister." Making a face and an eye roll Lily replied sweetly

"Thank you; don't make yourself grey alright? If I don't make it back in time for the wedding congratulations."

"Thanks Lily, it really means a lot that you like Katherine."

"Of course." With that the two bid each other farewell and Lily hung up; feeling a bit worse than when she'd called him. Stuck in a traffic light Gerard threw her a sidelong look.

"Friend getting married?"

"Yes." Lily kept her replies short, not really wanting to engage in conversation with this man. He merely scoffed and stomped on the gas throwing Lily against her seat with a dull thud.

"You don't sound too happy; don't tell me you like this guy. How long he's been engaged?" She glared at him and wanted to tell him it was none of his business but if they were going to be thrown together for god knows how long then she may as well play at being nice.

"They've been engaged for a month and have been dating for three. He claims it's his soul-mate. I think she's using him for his money or something." There was an obvious tone of dryness to his voice and Gerard chuckled at her.

"Well then what's Mr. Perfect like? Hmmm?" This really boiled Lily's blood and she growled at him as they sped down the street nearing her apartment with a poisonous edge;

"He's nothing like you. He knows how to be kind and polite, he's blonde and... Beautiful really. His manners are refined and well practiced and he knows how to cheer you up. Can tell when you have a bad day just by how long it takes to answer the phone..." Lily sighed and shook her head. "And it doesn't even matter because all he's ever viewed me as is his little sister." Gerard guided the car to stop.

"Well if he's nothing like me he's not worth your time. Because you know I work on the right side of the law. He's probably some criminal, you might think he's cute now but in ten years you'll be visiting him and talking through a pane of glass." Of course he'd find some flaw with her little diatribe.

Not even gracing him with a response Lily began getting out of his car before she paused lightly grabbing his arm.

"Gerard when we go pick up or meet my mother and brother tomorrow can you please not tell them why we're really going. My brother's going to want to play hero and hunt these guys down and get shot; my mom's got bad blood pressure and is going to give herself a heart attack. Just... Please? At least not until we're safe and we can explain what happened after all this?" Her dull green eyes implored him silently begging and Gerard sighed.

"What the hell am I supposed to tell them then?" She shrugged throwing her hands up.

"I won a cruise or a trip or something to Ireland all paid and they're all invited. You're an old college friend I don't know! Come up with something." Without sticking around for a response Lily rushed up the stairs to her apartment only to hear Gerard thundering after her, grabbing her pale delicate arm.

"Don't worry. I don't want to make this anymore miserable than it has to be. Let me go in first in case someone's in there or they've done something to your apartment though I seriously doubt it. Even for them it'll take a couple days to figure out who you are and where you live. Go wait inside by the stairs or something, I have to make a call. Just don't go into your apartment without letting me check first ok?" Pausing though he motioned for her to go wait by the door and with a small eye roll of annoyance she shook her head.

"I'm not going anywhere without you; you're probably gonna drive off or something." Lily couldn't explain why she just didn't want to be too far from him. As much as she disliked the man he did keep her safe; something that seemed to be in short demand today.

"Fine. I have to make a call." With that Gerard pulled out his cellphone and sending her a pointed look began dialing someone's number. Lily couldn't hear it ring, but a few seconds later Gerard began speaking. "Frankie, yeah no I'm fin- really? Don't bring it up dude. I am advising you right now it's not even worth your time." He paused and scoffed leaning casually against his car. "Jonah left? For good, it's alright she was no fuckin' good for you anyway. I told you that; I know!" Casting Lily a look Gerard sighed as if she were forcing him to do something unpleasant. "Right can you go over to Lily's mom's house. Get her and the brother ready, well you may have to go to the brother's house I don't know if the two live together. Get them ready I'll have Lily call later and we're going to come up with a different story of why they're leaving." Another pause as Gerard listened to what Frank was saying. "I don't know just whatever they say can you just nod and agree. Just tell them you're my brother or something we look enough alike for anyone to believe it. No my family's fine my mom knows how to shoot a gun and Mikey never leaves his fuckin' room. Alright. I'll tell her, thanks."

Turning to look at the woman Gerard raised an eyebrow. "You happy? Can we go in, Frank's not gonna tell them." Lily just nodded and turned towards the back entrance to the building. She lived on the fourth floor, so it would be easier to take the elevator but Gerard had other ideas. Taking the stairs he'd stop at each flight looking at her as if asking if they were there yet. Shaking her head until they'd reached the fourth floor Lily brushed past him, walking down the corridor she stopped at the very last door and fishing her key out began to open the door though Gerard stepped in front of her so he'd go in first. He now had out his gun in one hand and opened the door. Nothing happened, no explosions, no hail of gunfire not even the tell-tale sign of a fire.

Making Lily wait out in the hall Gerard walked in checked it out and about ten minutes later let the woman in. "Go pack. When you're done we'll go to my place and I'll pack. You can sleep there and we'll go to the airport in the morning. Frank will meet us there but call your mother and brother. Also, tell me their address so I can let Frank know where he's going." Not all too pleased with the plan Lily held her tongue and did as the cop told her. Once Gerard had the address he just nodded and pulled his phone out to text the other cop.

"I'm calling my brother to tell him what's going on. I mean if that's alright with you." Sarcasm dripped off her words and Gerard made a gesture with his hand as if to say "By all means." Walking into her bedroom she flopped down on her bed and pulled her phone out. It rang several times before someone answered. It was her brother and Lily began speaking instantly.

"Hey, Stephen I'm going to Ireland tomorrow and it's really, really, really important you come alright? You and mom. I have a really, really big announcement that I want you two to hear. It's a trip it'll be fun. Also... Someone's on their way to help you guys pack!"

"What the fuck Lily? It's one in the morning, you couldn't have told us sooner? And why should I go, I have work and you know Mum doesn't want to go back."

"I'm sorry! It's.. My work is sending me away for a couple months to photograph Ireland and I wanted you two to come with me. We haven't had a family vacation in forever! My friend who is coming over is going to bring you two the airport at noon, no reason to worry!" Lily stated as Gerard held up ten fingers, then two.

"Shit... Lily mom's gonna be pissed." There was a pause, and Stephen asked in a quiet voice "You seein' dad?"

Opening her mouth to respond Lily paused as she heard strange noises on the other end of line; that sounded a lot like Lily's angry mother. "Hi mom."

"Lily what the fuck is Stephen talking about?! Why would we go to Ireland?" Answers swirled around in Lily's mind and she answered in a meek voice, the one she used when she tried to pacify her mother.

"I... I planned a family vacation as a surprise for Christmas I was going to tell you then a mistake with the tickets and I realized it was tomorrow. I... I have something really important I wanted to tell on the vacation so please come. I nearly bankrupted myself trying to do something nice for us." There was a pause as Lily's mother was clearly debating what to do, which stretched out for awhile, and Lily felt the need the check her mother was still there. "Mom?"

"What?! What, I'm thinking!" Her mother snapped clearly annoyed. "Fine Lily we'll go but I'm not seein' your father. No way in hell am I going to see that prick. I'm gonna have to call off work, good thing they can't fire me. And your brother's going to have to call out of his business! You really should of done better planning! Dammit Lily... What do want to tell me, just say it now?" Her mother mumbled and sighed as Lily didn't respond.

"Well now we have to go pack, we'll see you tomorrow at-" Her mother paused clearly unsure when they were supposed to go. "Noon, I'll see you at noon, bye." With that Lily hung up the phone and collapsed on the floor with a groan what was she supposed to tell her mother and brother tomorrow? A hand gripped Lily's wrist and she was hauled to her feet as Gerard's voice assaulted her ears.

"Come on up on your feet. I'll help you pack. By the way that was the lamest 'story' I've ever heard. I cringed a little" Lily glared at him shooting down any attempts he had at being nice.

"No. I'll do it myself. Don't break anything, in fact don't touch anything. Just stand there and I'll be done soon. Well I don't see you having any big ideas so lay off." The woman muttered rolling her eyes, he'd just sat there and listened to her stumble over her story and words, and get yelled at. So Gerard didn't really have a say about how believable her story was.

She threw seven pairs of pants, seven pairs of shorts, five pairs of leggings and tights and about twenty shirts into two suitcases, stuffing her best underwear and bra's in as a finishing touch. She'd get more once she arrived in Ireland. Grabbing her hygienic tools Lily threw them into a plastic bag before adding it to the two suitcases; it only took about forty-five minutes for her to throw whatever she could into her bags and suitcases. All the time she was packing Gerard laid on her couch sleeping. "Can't fucking believe I'm stuck with this prick." She grumbled and taking out her phone turned the volume way up and held it in his ear playing the most obnoxious

ringtone she could find. He awoke with a start, whipping his gun out and training it on her face before blinking sleepily.

"What the hell do you think you're doing? I just almost shot you! Then my case would of gone out the window." His hazel eyes were furious though Lily didn't care.

"Whatever. I'm ready let's go." He glared at her before getting to his feet exiting her apartment. She glared after his back and scoffed "Your case? I would of been dead." She slowly made her way to the exit, Lily however paused and looked around committing it all to memory. It had been a good home to her for the past three years, a little rickety and the rent was through the roof, but it had been her home. And now Lily was leaving, unsure of when she'd be back. "What about my rent? It's due in three days and I don't want to come back only to find I've been evicted." He gave her a look as if he believed she was being ridiculous, though it was a fair question.

"I'm sure your Mr. Perfect can manage to get the bill paid and have the station reimburse him. Same with your job someone will stop by to let them know you've been taken into witness custody. Along with your mother and brother." She sighed, that would be a lovely image. They'd send some random officer by her work to let them know she was on indefinite leave. It wasn't fair but what could Lily do.

Grabbing three pairs of shoes, sneakers, boots, and her high heels Lily slipped into her moccasins again before leaving. Struggling with her suitcases and backpack full of her things Lily glared at Gerard's back as he walked down the four flight of stairs, without so much as offering to help her. "Why didn't we take the elevator?!" The woman demanded as she nearly tripped, causing one of her suitcases to ram into her hip.

"Because the elevator brings us to the front exit which means we'd have to walk all the way around. This should be faster if you could hurry up with your bags."

Biting back a groan of frustration Lily followed him silently glaring daggers into his back. At least the other cop was friendly maybe she should of asked for him to take her instead.

"Can you at least take one of my bags?" This caused the raven haired cop to stop and turn to look at her, amusement clearly written on his face.

"You shouldn't have packed so much." With that he skipped the last two steps landing at the bottom of the stairs waiting for her with a bored yawn though he soon fished out a carton of smokes from his pocket and lit it in her lobby.

"What are you doing?! I'm going to get fined for having you smoke in here!" She hissed from the last flight of stairs slowly making her way down.

"Well the way I see it is we should of already been outside and you're taking forever. Besides maybe this will make you want to hurry up."

"You... You are the worst cop I have ever met!" The woman growled under her breath, anger causing her accent to thicken and mar her words a bit making Gerard laugh.

"Awwh, don't get mad Sugar." Feeling her blood boil Lily didn't say anything and reminded herself that if she hit him she'd probably be in jail for assaulting a cop. Once she got the bottom of the steps Lily walked past him being sure to roll her suitcase over his foot and smirked as he cursed with pain.

"Well let's get going." She expected his place to be a mess; dirty and gross with shit scattered all over it. If she could she'd wait in the car, Lily wouldn't even go in if she didn't have to. Together they made their way to his car Gerard throwing cautious looks around and quickly ushering Lily to his car.

Taking her suitcases he tossed them into the back of his car; telling her to get in while he did so. A few minutes later the door to the drivers side swung open and Gerard slid into his seat, starting the car and peeling away. "This is it. I'm going to die in accident because this man obviously doesn't pay attention to speed limits and red lights." Her stomach lurched a bit as they sped around a sharp curve, Gerard though didn't seem bothered by their too fast speed instead seemed concentrated on the road, blowing his horn as someone tried jaywalking in front of him. They narrowly missed running the kid over and the car flew down the streets towards a rougher area than Lily lived in.

Never mind, she'd not be spending more time in the car than she had to. The car eventually shrieked to a stop, and as soon as it was safe for her to get out of the car, Lily did so.

"You are not only the worst cop I have ever met but your driving sucks! Who gave you your license in their right mind?! Are you trying to kill us before we get there, or someone else?!" He merely scoffed and didn't reply. Taking out another smoke Gerard strolled towards the run down brick building opening it with a key off the keychain that hung on his belt loop and ushering her in.

The place smelled of booze and smoke and even at this late hour she could moaning from one room, and screaming from a couple others while someone else was screaming for everyone to shut up. Without realizing it Lily pressed close to Gerard as they walked up six flights of stairs to a small beat up looking door.

"Don't be scared; they're only my neighbors." The cop joked as he opened his door, only to have Lily be tackled by some huge beast which jumped on the woman, knocking her down. Landing on her back Lily whimpered with pain and froze looking into the face of what she was sure was a snarling wolf. "Hey! Fenrir get down!

Stop it, no growling!" Growling?! Growling?! They were past growling! This /thing/was going to tear her to shreds, but soon the weight was lifted off her chest and Gerard was standing over her, pulling her up by the wrists. "You've just met Fenrir he's kind of protective." Lily didn't say anything just grabbed onto Gerard's wrist and stayed close to him as the dog padded back over. "What IS he, and what the fuck did you feed him as a puppy?!" A smirk crossed Gerard's face.

"He still is a puppy. Fenir is a Husky/Dane mix. Nice huh? I was surprised Rick, my landlord, let me keep him. I found this poor boy when I was busting a drug house, chained up in a crate basically swimming in his own shit, starved, sick, and I took him in." The woman could detect a note of pride in the man's voice and looking around sighed. "He needs to go out, I'll do that now just make yourself comfortable."

He seemed to have these mood swings where was almost civil and then went to being the biggest, most sarcastic asshole she'd ever met. Lily just nodded and walked past the dog who seemed almost as if he glaring at her; turning her attention to the man's apartment with a bit of interest.
♠ ♠ ♠
Strange breaks I know, I have the third chapter I'll upload it tomorrow though, too tired tonight T.T