Status: It will active...Ish as I have muse

I'll Check in Tomorrow if I Don't Wake Up Dead

I Wanna See Your Animal

Brushing off the encounter with Fenrir, though her back where she landed hurt Lily walked into his apartment; still unsure of what to expect. Raising her eyes from her feet Lilly looked around and to her surprise it was the exact opposite of what she expected. The floors were wood floors, and the walls were painted a light gray color with artwork hung up on all the walls. A few candles on his counters were lit emitting a light masculine type cologne scent while a pristine white couch was in the middle of the living room, a small table a few feet away from the kitchen area and Lily walked around noticing a vase of flowers on his counters as well. It was actually really nice in here, and the woman walked over to one of the art pieces hanging up; it was beautiful but really dark.

A half decayed woman reached out gripping the ankles of a man, rose vines seemed to be entangling her body. I felt a bit sad looking at it; not for the girl but the man. It was as if even in death she refused to let him go, the physical tether that chained him to guilt, failure and pain. Perhaps I read too much into it and quickly turned away scanning the other pictures framed there. There was one other one that caught my eye it was framed in a beautiful intricate wooden frame holding a picture of a drawn woman. She had beautiful, vanilla latte, colored skin, long straight brown hair with a few red streaks in it with piercing blue eyes. A smile curved up on her beautiful, full, red lips and her eyes held this depth of warmth and laughter to them. In the corner there was scrawled, spidery hand-writing that read "To Karen, Love always Gerard." Did he have a girlfriend? This picture certainly suggested so, not only was it obviously pain-stakingly drawn it was hung in the center of the room and one's eyes tended to gravitate towards it. Shrugging it off Lily continued her exploration of the cop's house not finding much else besides a few horror and sci-fi movies, a few records, and a beat up looking guitar.

The door swung open a few minutes later as Fenrir and Gerard rushed in, the cop's cheeks were flushed from the biting cold outside. The beast growled at me softly and trotted to the dog bed next to the couch and flopped down, curling up and putting his tail over nose. Gerard said nothing, just breezed into his kitchen and began pulling some things out of the cabinets. Unsure of what to do with herself Lily walked in as well leaning against one of the counter watching him; it seemed he was making something to drink, and the sounds of the coffee machine coming to life reaffirmed her belief he was making something to drink. Silence was stretched and grown between them as Gerard waited for the coffee to be done; once it was he poured to two cups and passed Lily one.

"Thanks." The woman said begrudgingly to which he nodded.

"I'm going to go pack; try to get some rest, we've got to get up at about ten thirty to get ready. Beat traffic make sure we get showered and all." Lily nodded and leaned against the counter for a few more minutes finishing her coffee. Once she was done the woman rinsed the cup out and looked around his kitchen for where the mugs went away. Once she found them Lily put her mug away and walked into the living room. The dog raised his head and huffed at her, from his place next to the couch where the woman supposed she was supposed to be sleeping. There was no way she was sleeping near Fenrir, Lily really liked her body the way it was without being mauled or chewed on by the mutt. Frowning she breezed past the couch towards the room where she heard noises of the cop packing. Peeking her head into the room dark colors greeted Lily's eyes. The walls were a deep, dark, plum like color and the bed, sheets, and comforter were all black; she was pretty sure this is where a vampire would live if they were real. Thick black curtains hung over the two windows in his room, blocking out any light that would of come through them. A floorboard squeaked giving away that the woman was in the doorway and Gerard looked up clearly confused as to why she was there.

"What do you want?" Scuffling her feet Lily didn't want to admit that she didn't want to sleep on the couch and merely walked over sitting down on his bed.

"Nothing. Just figured I can make sure you don't slack off and make us late." He clearly didn't believe her but didn't refute her either.

"Fine." With that he turned his back towards the woman and continued packing. A hesitant question bubbled up towards Lily's lips and curling up on the mattress of his soft bed asked timidly

"Who was that woman? Karen? Did you draw her, you're an amazing artist if that's the case." Even from her position, half asleep on his bed Lily could see his shoulders tense and he looked at her something burning in his gaze.

"Mind your own business." At the look that flashed across Lily's face Gerard softened, slightly. "Karen was my fiancée. I drew it now go to sleep we have a long day ahead of us." Not saying anything, sensing something bad had happened Lily did as he asked and closed her eyes; the sounds of Gerard moving about trying to be quiet filled her ears. She was too tired to even curl up under the comforters, instead letting herself fall asleep on top of the bed, right in the middle. The white noise in the background of Gerard packing wasn't bad, in fact it seemed to whisk her off to sleep faster. It was comforting to know that someone was there, it felt a bit safer to Lily than sleeping alone in a strange house.

Behind her eyes dark images flashed, causing stress and panic to the woman as she tossed and turned, whimpering every so often. In her mind Lily found herself trapped in some warehouse type building, very stereotypical mafia slaughter house in her opinion. In her dream Lily was tied to a chair she could practically feel the blood that coated her body drying and raising her eyes cried out; though her aching throat protested violently as if she'd screamed herself raw already. Her mother was furthest from her, laying in a pool of thick, black, stagnant blood with her stomach slashed open. Next her eyes found Stephen his hands gone a dark blooming stain over his heart. Turning her head to the left Lily saw Connor, laying in a pool of his own blood, body broken and slashed with his head missing; bashed in really. Bits of brain and skull stuck around him and Lily felt utterly sick. It was the coldest snake-like voice that snapped Lily's head up, and a dry hand wiped away tears Lily hadn't been aware she'd been crying. "Now, I saved the best for last." The cold, alien-like voice slid through her skull making the woman wince; though her heart stuttered to a stop.

A familiar mop of black hair was yanked up roughly, earning a broken cry from him, something Lily never thought she'd hear. Hazel eyes met green eyes and Lily felt herself hyperventilating. "Gerard." She squeaked, tears running down her face. He tried smile, though the fact one of his eyes was black, blue, and swollen shut didn't make it very believable. The man looked so beat up that he didn't even have the strength to put up a fight and resist the hand that was holding his head up. There was cuts over his body and his already pale skin was too pale. However there was this look in his eyes that took Lily's breath away; as if they were the only two in the room. Feeling a bit of calm wash over her Lily's breathing began to regulate though it was quickly taken away once the voice started up again. "So Gerard, I'd say goodbye to her; this is the last time you'll see her before I send you to hell." No, no they couldn't do that! "Stop it! Let us go, just stop!" She begged though the shadowy figures didn't listen.

"Shh, Lily it's alright don't worry. It's going to be-" At this his voice choked up a bit and Lily could vividly see the tears tracking down his face, making their marks in the blood and dirt that stained his pale, ebony skin. "You've got to be strong for me now, OK? You be s-" He never got to finish his sentence as a sharp, jagged blade was dragged across his throat, causing red, warm liquid to squirt everywhere. Gerard withered in pain on the ground making these wet choking noises as blood seeped from the cut on his throat. Lily sobbed as splashes of Gerard's blood covered her face, and some of her clothing. Trembling the woman lowered her eyes to his as the light began to fade from those hazel orbs; and a small smile was obviously trying to make it's way onto his face. However he stilled and Lily was left alone, all alone in this terrible warehouse. Suddenly though darkness swallowed her though she was still immobile as if tied to that chair. A faint noise began to reach her, though that horrid wet feeling was still present on her face. The world began to shake and fluttering her eyes open, Lily found herself staring up into a familiar set of hazel eyes.

Gerard looked shaken, maybe even frightened as he gazed at the woman who's throat really was sore. The normal cocky, obnoxious air about him was gone and touching her face Lily found it to be wet. Not only with her tears but... Drool? Looking over she saw Fenrir hovering over her as well that's what caused the girl to jump into action. Wiping her face Lily spat "That's disgusting! Fenrir go away!" The dog whined then hopped off the bed, lumbering to his own bed in the house she supposed. Gerard however stayed there watching Lily through careful eyes.

"What the hell was that all about? I was sleeping and I heard you screaming. I fucking though someone had come in here and was killing you." It was then Lily noticed the gun that one of his hands gripped tightly, knuckles white. She merely shrugged, too tired to speak right now; her body screamed for sleep yet her mind protested it after the images she saw.

"I'm fine. I had a bad dream." He didn't look surprised as that much was obvious. He seemed to be asking what the dream was about though the woman played as if she didn't know. It was still a bit strange to her; why had it been Gerard she'd cared so much for, not Connor?

"Fine. If you want to talk come find me; do you want anything? I... I have a few sleeping pills left." Left, from what? Wasn't he a cop and wasn't sharing medication illegal. Lily though knew he was trying to be kind, and let it be.

"No thank you. I'll take some tea though if you have it." The man seemed to stiffen and he nodded.

"I can probably find some." She nodded and stretched following him out of the room and to the kitchen. He bustled around, gun seemingly disappeared though Lily suspected it wasn't far, looking for some tea.

"If it's too much trouble then forget it." She yawned though stiffened when a loud banging began on Gerard's rickety yellow door. He threw the girl a worried look pointing to the fire escape. "Go" He mouthed at her though images of Gerard's throat being slashed through her head. She shook her head furiously and dug her heels in, unsure why she cared so much. Maybe Lily just didn't want a death pulling and eroding at her conscious. With a soft growl she was lifted into the air and Gerard hissed softly at her

"You're under /my/ protection, you listen to me. Wait on the fucking fire-escape and don't come in until I come to get out. If more than five minutes pass or you hear anything that resembles fighting you leave. Run, take this." His cell phone was thrust at her, it was old one of those flip phone things. "You call Frank, tell him to come get you. Do you understand?" The banging seemed to get louder, and Lily nodded terror coursing through her veins as he unceremoniously dropped her onto the fire escape, before pulling the draws closed, hiding the girl from view.

Outside the wind whipped around her and without a jacket Lily began to shiver. Time seemed to crawl by as she tried to listen to what was going on inside. The banging that had been so loud and fierce inside was muted and dulled by the window and the nightlife of New Jersey. Images of Gerard being shot or beaten up inside flared behind her eyes causing her to panic. What if he was in trouble and needed her help, though in reality she probably couldn't do very much. Lily was very tempted to call Frank right now and tell him to please get here; though the thought of Frank being with her family stopped her. If someone was here, they could easily be at her mum's place. "Shit, what do I do?" The woman whined, her thick Irish accent marring the words softly uttered.

It had been about two minutes before the window was opened and biting back a scream Lily prepared to run for it; though was stopped as Gerard's head poked through and motioned her in. "C'mere, It's alright. It's just Viktor." A note of dryness had taken hold of his voice and nodding Lily, shivering with goose bumps raised over her arm slid through the window, bracing herself on Gerard's strong, broad shoulders as her feet touched the ground. As soon as she touched the hardwood floors Lily let go of the man as if he were made of fire, poison or shit. Something worthy of her disgust, looking up she saw an elder man holding a baseball bat. Lily realized that if she squinted seemed to resemble the woman in the picture.

"Hello there you pretty little thing! I didn't mean to scare you; Gee didn't say he had guests over." With the wink towards and exasperated Gerard the man who must be Viktor walked over and shook her hand with his free one, the left hand held a baseball bat. "Gerard! She's freezing make some coffee. If Janis was awake I'd take you to meet the Mrs. She'll be so happy Gerard's gotta girlfriend. We didn't think he ever would after our Karen died, he took it so hard." A slam startled Lily and Viktor as they both jumped, turning to find a very angry looking Gerard.

"She's not my girlfriend and it's none of her business Viktor." His voice was quiet, menacing and dangerous scaring Lily and raising the fine, thin hairs on the back of her neck. Viktor seemed unbothered and sent a disapproving stare towards the raven haired man before looking back at Lily sympathetically. Though a small blush had stained his dark skin.

"I heard screaming and I came right over; ready to help Gerard out in case it was one of the scums from work." The man stated proudly, his chest puffing out a bit. Lily was intrigued, who was this Karen woman? It was clear that she wouldn't get any answers from Gerard, or Viktor while the cop was there. Smiling Lily nodded and pointed to the metal baseball bat he'd carried down with him.

"I can see that. I'm Lily, it's nice to meet you." She gave the kind man a smile, before she heard Gerard stomping over.

"Viktor I have to leave tomorrow, early. Thanks for stopping by but no one's dead." What Viktor had brought up before seemed to really upset Gerard, though Lily didn't think it was fair to treat him like this. Glaring at the cop Lily smiled.

"Don't worry he's been in a mood since my nightmare. Sorry I woke you up." Viktor smiled and patted her hand.

"Don't worry Dear, it's alright. You be good to him, he's not very good with people." He turned to Gerard and hugged the younger man, leaving Lily to believe that Viktor was going to get his face bashed in by an angry Gerard. To her surprise he held the older, frail looking man gently; carefully even.

"I'll talk to you when I can Viktor. Take care of Janis thanks for stopping by." Viktor merely nodded before leaving the apartment, waving once over his shoulder before closing the door; his footsteps quickly fading from Lily's hearing range. As soon as he was gone she whipped around glaring at Gerard.

"You didn't have to be such a fucking prick to him! He was only trying to help." She wasn't expecting Gerard to take a few angry paces forward and firmly grab her arm, leading her back to the room.

"None of this is your business. So just leave me alone and let me pack." The normal angry edge had re-entered Gerard's voice and Lily tore herself away from his grasp and shouted angrily, forgetting he had neighbors.

"Don't touch me! Get your hands off me!" He did as she asked, and the two glared at each other before the woman turned on her heel walking into his room and slamming the door, throwing herself back down onto the black covered bed. He was so frustrating! It was as if he had no idea how to act like a normal, decent human being. Just a cold, pompous, callous douche. Rubbing her temples Lily staved off the headache that was building up pressure behind her eyes. A nice long rest is what Lily could use, and rolling over, tucking herself under the comforters this time, that's exactly what she did.

Thankfully this time her dreams were filled with darkness and peace; no nightmares or death followed her as she slept. Waking up she stretched languidly, a marring fog invaded her mind and sleepily glancing at the clock Lily swore and jumped out of bed. It was eleven, a half an hour later than Gerard wanted to start waking up. Rushing from the room Lily darted to the couch and jabbed his ribs, one of his eyes cracked open, and stretching demanded gruffly "What?"

"It's eleven, we're late hurry up! I'm showering." Before he could tell her otherwise, the woman ran into the bathroom and turned the shower on. Once the shower was warm she hopped in, scrubbing her body and hair vigorously thinking of last night and the crime she'd witnessed. A bit of blood ran off into the water, it must of been from Gerard, and the girl wrinkled her nose. That was absolutely disgusting; though she didn't have time to dwell on it as the cop himself began knocking loudly on the door.

"Come on Lily! Hurry up!" Biting back a rather poisonous remark she focused on herself and once she finished stepped out of the shower. A wave of dismay washed over the woman as she realized she had no clean clothes. All of her clothes were in the suitcase in Gerard's car parked out front. "That's it! You're taking too long I need to piss." The door swung open and Lily squeaked jumping back and glaring at him.

"I'm fucking naked, would you mind leaving?" His eyes never left hers as he responded just as venomously.

"You're covered, and trust me Sugar you're not my type. Though that leaves the question, why aren't you getting dressed?"

"I left my clothes in your car! I have nothing to change into." With an annoyed sigh Gerard walked out of the bathroom and Lily was sure he was going to get her something to wear from her suitcase. Instead he came back with a few trashy articles of clothing. Ripped up tights, too tight leather skinny jeans and tops that hardly covered anything.

"Here, some friends of mine left this here." There was a taunting grin on Gerard's face as Lily narrowed her eyes. There was no way she was wearing this trash; although maybe the skinny jeans would do until they got to his car. Looking at the size she frowned as they would be a bit loose, but they would do.

"I'm borrowing some clothes." With that she left the bathroom and walked straight to his room, and opened his closet, finding a few shirts there. They seemed mostly to be old band tee's but there were a few button up's there. Going through until she found a worn looking Red Hot Chili Pepper's t-shirt. Seeing as it was already ripped Lily found scissors and made a cut so it was now a V-neck. The woman hated shirts that weren't cut with a V-neck. Finding her tank-top she pulled that on, the shirt which she noted fit nicely, and the jeans.

The jeans clung to her legs, though as she predicted were a bit loose. Finding a belt among Gerard's things Lily strapped that on and looked at herself in the mirror; her hair was a mess and she'd need makeup but other than that the woman looked decent. This normally wasn't Lily's style and she was glad it worked. The woman didn't even realize Gerard was there until he sighed remorsefully. "I liked that shirt. It was comfy; you could of asked." Whipping around Lily rolled her eyes and sighed "Whatev-" She was cut off by Gerard though as he began propelling her through the door.

"I have to go drop Fenrir off with Viktor and Janis. You go to the lobby and wait for me there alright?" She hadn't even brushed her hair, and nodding there was a remorseful look in her eyes; which brightened when Lily realized she had a brush in her suitcase.

"Yeah, Yeah, Yeah, hurry up or we'll miss our flight and my mom is gonna be pissed." He just gave her a look; choosing not to respond to her. As the two made their way towards the door; and Gerard grabbed Fenrir and the mutt's things he looked at Lily.

"I mean it, you better be waiting in that lobby when I come down." She threw him a backwards glance and shrugged with annoyance; making her way towards the stairs that would lead to the lobby, as instructed.