Status: It will active...Ish as I have muse

I'll Check in Tomorrow if I Don't Wake Up Dead

Love Feels Like War

Lily scoffed at the fact that the cop was treating her like a child who would wander off at the first chance. "Don't worry Dad." The woman muttered under her breath. Lily received a look as Gerard that clearly told her that he didn't find her funny; as the cop tried to drag Fenrir down the hall. It was as if the dog didn't want to go, and Lily didn't blame him. His owner was leaving, that was enough to cause anxiety to any dog. It's a good thing Lily's mother wasn't big into dogs, and her brother was allergic. Following Gerard's directions Lily stood patiently by the door; not wanting to sit on the floor as it looked kind of dirty to her. A few minutes passed along with several people, giving her looks that ranged from appraising to downright bitchy. The woman shifted her weight, looking around for Gerard who finally came bounding down the stairs, much to Lily's relief. She didn't like this apartment building, and wondered briefly why he'd chosen it.

Shrugging off her questions Lily followed him out of the apartment buildings, the cold late morning air instantly seeping into her delicate skin, wrapping around her bones and causing Lily to shiver. Gerard didn't seem bothered, just pulled out a carton that read Lucky Strike and lit up puffing out a white, toxic cloud of smoke. The woman stared longingly at the cigarette, when she was younger she used to smoke; though quit when she reached twenty-two. It had been bad for her and Lily didn't think Connor liked the smoke very much so she'd quit, cold-turkey. However with todays events the nicotine laced air seemed to be calling her name; though she turned away. Lily wouldn't take up that habit again, there were better ways to get rid of stress, though she didn't have time to do go for a jog, or any other physical activity. It only took a couple minutes for Gerard to lead her once again to his car, which is when Lily caved in.

"Hey, can I have one?" He looked confused and Lily pointed to the cigarette that hung out of his mouth as the man fumbled with the keys.

"You smoke?" His voice was clearly amused at the prospect and it was all Lily could do not to growl at him.

"I smoke in high stress situations where I can't do anything to relieve my stress. I didn't think I'd have time for a jog before we got on the airplane; and I hate flying." He merely smirked and got into the car. Lily following suit raised an eyebrow. "I'll buy you a new carton, can I-" She didn't get to finish as a cigarette was held out to her.

"Free of charge. Lean over so I can light it." Narrowing her eyes suspiciously Lily did as she was told and a few seconds later, her cancer stick was lit. Breathing in deeply she held the smoke in her lungs for a moment, her body almost shuddered with delight. The car took out of the parking lot with a squeal, tossing Lily carelessly against the window. She wasn't hurt, but she glared at the driver

"Why are you such a terrible driver!" The woman asked around the cigarette in her mouth.

"I'm not. If I were a terrible driver then we'd of died already; now we'll get there on time." The ever present air of smugness was wrapped and embedded into his words. However it didn't irk Lily as it normally did, in fact she saw it more friendly than anything; it was probably just the nicotine changing her perspective of the man for awhile. Silence filled the space between them, thick and awkward so Gerard's hand flashed out turning on the radio; a loud rock beat filled the car, one that Lily didn't know. He glanced over at her; as if checking her reaction, it was different but the song was cool. The voice sounded raw and unchecked, something she liked. The lyrics were pretty good from what she could hear.

The woman didn't comment, even if she tried her words would of been swallowed up by the music; never to reach the cop's ears so what was the point? Other cars with their window down gave the duo looks, and others just ignored them; every once in awhile they'd be caught by a red light and Gerard would mutter something under his breath then take off once the light turned green again. The time on the dash was creeping towards eleven thirty, making Lily wonder if they would even make the flight. However they pulled into the airport and Gerard slammed on the brakes, Lily once again being tossed into the dashboard banging her elbows. Snuffing out her cigarette she tossed it out the window, and got of the car.

"What the hell Gerard! Take it easy." She admonished the cop who didn't even bat an eye.

"C'mon! Grab your shit! We're going to miss it." Glowering at him Lily went to the back and yanked out her two bags, suitcase and backpack. Gerard had only backed a duffle bag and a backpack; and was already nearly to the door. A man came to park Gerard's car; giving Lily an impatient look that clearly said to hurry up. However being scrawny and 4'11 the bags seemed to be winning. An impatient huff could be heard just behind her and Gerard began taking the heavier bags. "Come on! Go!" He gently began pushing her in front of him; causing the girl to break into a slow run. "Go wait in the boarding section, Frank's already there with your mother and brother. What are their names?"

"My mom's name is Kara, and my brother's name is Stephen. Are you sure you'll be ok?" Gerard nodded.

"Yeah and do you have your phone?"

"No. I left it at my apartment. I have my iPod though, is that alright?" There was no malice or sarcasm to Lily's voice and the man shook his head, causing the ink black hair there to fall out of place.

"That's fine, Frank already grabbed Kara and Stephen's phones. Go meet them wait for me. If I miss the flight however I'll get on the next one." That unsettled Lily who began walking towards her gate.

"Just don't miss it." Gerard looked a bit amused and nodded.

"Alright, run!" He himself turned around and began running through the airport, ignoring the looks of disdain that he got. Glancing at her watch the girl read it was eleven forty-five. Fifteen minutes left until Gerard had to be back; he could probably do it. Finding her gate Lily looked around not seeing her family; confused she glanced down at the ticket Gerard had thrust into her hands. This was the right gate; so where was everyone? Gerard had said they'd be here. A pair of cold hands covered her eyes, and panic flooded the woman's lung. Stamping her foot down she must of hit her mark because a soft "Shit!" Could be heard near her ear. About to throw her elbow back, Lily's eyes were released and she spun around to see the tattooed cop, Frank.

"What the hell do you think you're doing! You know why I'm fucking being sent away!" She hissed, angry not even beginning to cover how pissed she was at him.

"Sorry, sorry. I forgot. Nice to see you again." A sheepish smile had spread across his features and about to lecture him more Lily was stopped as a familiar voice began shrilling at her over the crowd.

"Lily Alexandra Rozensheim! Where the hell were you? Not only did you call some big family vacation to probably the last place on earth any of us want to go; you show up late! What's this big announcement." Wincing the woman turned around finding her pudgy mother, with Stephen of course in tow. Her brother's auburn hair fell into his left eye, which he brushed away and raised an eyebrow at her.

"Hi mom. Nice to see you as well. Stephen you need a hair cut!" Her little brother looked up at her and rolled his leaf green eyes.

"Lily, I'm twenty-one. I can take care of myself." Her brother was a genius, finished college early and from what her mother said was starting his own business. Lily was nothing like him, scraped by academic wise in college and became a small-time photographer.

"I know Steph I just worry." The older sister teased him. He hated it when she called him Steph as it was rather girly.

"Don't call me that!" He rebuked and shoved his headphones on, cranking some music. People gave each other restless looks and Lily's mother focused back on her, lifting her arms up and looking over her.

"Lily! How come you never visit me, and are you eating? Have you lost more weight, you know that's bad for you! You already have no curves, anyone could mistake you for a twelve year old boy." Mustering up all her patience Lily merely smiled and tried to remind herself that she was only trying to help and was legitimately worried about her.

"Of course I'm eating mom, and I'm busy a lot at work. I stopped by a couple months ago, you just weren't there." She scoffed.

"Bullshit, you're busy all the time chasing after an engaged man. Is this why you called a family vacation, because Connor's getting married?" Kara had no filters, something her daughter had learned long ago.

"I'm not... Whatever. And no I arranged this so we could all spend some more time together. That's what you're always hounding me about after all, right?" Her mother didn't say anything merely pursed her lips.

"Well they're boarding the plane lets go." She glanced about wildly for Gerard, and was surprised when she felt an arm slip over her shoulder.

"Sorry I'm late Sugar. Baggage was a bitch." Lily stiffened and turned her head left, seeing Gerard with his arm around Lily's shoulder.

"What the fuck are you doing. Get your arm off me." Lily hissed softly and Gerard merely spared her an amused look and leaned down. To anyone else it would look like he kissed her ear, but he was actually whispering something to her.

"Just go with this. I figured out a story. Your mom will be too busy getting over this to ask why you fucked up with their tickets." This didn't sound good, and Lily threw him a suspicious glance. Her mother, shocked into a bit of silence quickly regained use of her vocal cords.

"Oh... Aren't you handsome. Who are you? Lily why didn't you tell me you had a boyfriend?" Forcing the annoyed groan that boiled within her lungs Lily glanced over at the cop.

"Well, go ahead Baby, tell them who you are." While she may appear sweet and happy, on the inside Lily was screaming and thinking of ways to murder this man without getting caught. She'd read somewhere you could put them into this chemical and dissolve a person completely.

"Right then, I'm Gerard Way. It's nice to meet all of you. I hate to do this in such a rush but I know Lily mentioned our big announcement." There was a pause and it was clear he had Kara hooked. "Well Lily and I are getting married. We're engaged." He pulled her a little closer to him so she was leaning against his side. This was his big plan?! Her mother stared at them with shock, and disbelief.

"No, Lily's in love with Connor. She always tells me that when I try to set her up. Lily is this true?" Gerard threw a look down to the woman. If she wanted to Lily could end it all here; draw it out to a joke but an engaged couple in Ireland was a lot less noticeable then just two random boys and a family. Sucking up the venom and poison that threatened to leak out into her voice Lily just nodded.

"Ye...Yeah. Sorry mom but the men you try to set me up with are just... Awful. There was the butcher missing three fingers. The business man who got busted for his meth lab. I could go on. I've been seeing Gerard for awhile now. I just haven't told you guys about it because I knew you would freak out." Her mother still had her jaw hanging open and she looked a bit unresponsive. "Mom are you ok?"

"Am I ok?! I just found out my daughter, who I'm pretty sure is still virgin, is getting married and didn't even tell us she was dating someone?! How long have you two been together." Mortification was written deep into her features and she fought back with Kara.

"I am not! And we've been together for five months. We've been engaged for two. I was trying to keep it a secret because I knew you guys would give him hell." It was surprising how easy she could slip into this lie. "I didn't even want to tell you guys until the wedding was done and over with, but Gerard wanted to get to know you guys. He planned this whole vacation in fact." Gerard opened his mouth as if he were going to contribute the argument going on, but the woman called their flight and Lily took the opportunity to end their conversation. "Alright, we'll continue this later. For now the flight is boarding." Grabbing her backpack, the one bag Gerard had left her with, Lily made her way to the line Gerard not far behind.

"I think that went well. They clearly love me." He joked, obviously trying to cheer Lily up.

"As soon as this is over you're going to explain that was your idea. Until then I'm going to have to pretend to like you. Take my hand." Gerard gave her a look of what she read as reluctance. "Don't fucking give me that look bastard. This was your idea."

"Calm down, I wasn't giving you a look." He mumbled taking her hand, lacing their fingers together. His hands weren't soft, but they were holding hers with this gentle grip; as if she'd break apart. Leaning into his shoulder Lily rested against him.

"As soon as we get to the hotel or inn whatever they booked, I dibs on shower. I feel gross now." A smile was etched onto her face, so if her mom saw them talking it would look like they were just talking; a happy talk at that.

"Well you normally look gross. I think I should get the first shower." Oh, how she wished to punch him in his fucking smug mouth.

"I can't wait to get on the plane and away from you."

"Oh Sugar you didn't know? We're sitting next to each other." Her heart dropped to her toes at the prospect of having to put up with this cop for the plane ride over to Ireland.

"Great. Wonderful exactly what I wanted." She said sarcastically as they boarded the plane. The pair found their seats and buckled in as the sign instructed. "This plane doesn't have nearly booze for me to get through this flight." Gerard raised an eyebrow at the woman, who already looked nauseous.

"Hey, it's alright; don't worry. Just close your eyes and try to sleep." Glaring Lily growled

"Well that may be easy for you; but how can I sleep? I mean not only does my family think I'm getting married, but I'm terrified of flying." To her surprise the cop ruffled her hair.

"I'll be here. It's my job to protect you right? So I'll wake you up if we start to crash." Those words didn't do much to soothe the poor woman as she clutched the arm rests squeezing her eyes shut as the plane began to roll down the runway picking up speed. Lily's stomach felt like it had shifted to her mouth, and she concentrated on not throwing up on Gerard. He seemed to realize she wasn't feeling well as she felt a pair of hands rub her back. "Put your head between your knees and take deep breaths." Giving him a dubious look she did as instructed and put her head between her knees, taking deep breaths.

Her stomach seemed to settle back down and her stopped trembling eventually. Chancing a look out the window Lily's eyes widened briefly, they were sailing through cloudless blue skies, and people were taking their seatbelts off, and employees were coming around with complimentary drinks and foods. The woman stopped and sent her a rather fake, cheery smile. "Do you two want anyt-" Lily cut her off.

"Vodka. Anything like that." The woman raised her eyebrow and her smile faltered for a moment and looked at Gerard as if seeking permission. "I don't need his permission. If you need my ID then fine; but I want my drink." Lily's tone was rather agitated and Gerard chuckled, and motioned his hand. A drink was given to Lily; it was a joke. Something Barbie would drink, if Barbie was real, and drank. Gerard seemed to notice how unhappy she was but didn't say anything, just reached into his pocket and pulled his iPod out, putting it on. Tilting the drink back Lily knocked it back, rummaging around her backpack for her own iPod. Once she found it the woman slipped her headphones slipping into her own world. The more time passed on the plane, the easier the woman found it to close her eyes; like the cop had suggested.

Lily passed into a light, uneasy sleep always jolting awake at the slightest bit of turbulence Gerard was passed out, even snoring lightly in his sleep. At one point Lily got up from her seat, fists clenched and worked up the courage to move freely about the plane; as her bladder commanded she pee lest pee her pants there in the middle of the aisle. Out of the corner of Lily's eyes her mother's frantic hand waves, presumably to call the young woman over, didn't escape her. Not in the mood to converse though Lily just continued down the aisle, not stopping until she'd reached the bathroom. The door however said it was in use and leaning against the wall the woman waited for whoever to was in there to finish. A few seconds later the door banged open, revealing a sick looking Frank.

"Hey Lily." He greeted, a bit of a green hue to his face. She stepped forward and laid her hand across his head; he felt a bit feverish as well. Her bathroom needs temporarily forgotten Lily frowned.

"What's wrong with you? Are you sick?" He just nodded and as the plane hit a bit of turbulence Lily and Franks' hands flashed out at the same time; gripping onto each other.

"I really, really, hate flying. Plus your mom wont stop asking me all these questions about you and Gerard. I don't know how to answer!" Lily nodded and held up one of her pale, slender fingers.

"Alright, just stay here. I'll be out in two seconds." He nodded, slowly relinquishing his grip allowing Lily to walk to the cramped bathroom on the plane. Once done Lily returned just as promised. "Ok, you can come sit with me and Gerard, there's an empty seat between us and I really am not in the mood to sit with him right now." The short man nodded, a queasy sort of smile on his face.

"Thanks." Lily merely nodded; as angry as she was at Gerard for his stupid fucking lie, she wasn't mad at Frank. He hadn't really done anything to her, and he still tried to maintain his cheerful demeanor even when he was sick. The two made their way back to the seats Lily was originally in and sat down. A few times over the course of the plane ride Frank would get up and return a few minutes later hands trembling. She felt bad for him and reached her hand out gently gripping his hand.

"Here lean over, put your head between your knees and breathe deeply." Lily told the tattooed man Gerard's earlier advice as it seemed to help her. Frank did as the woman instructed, taking deep gulps of air while keeping his eyes shut tightly. Rubbing his back as Gerard did for her Lily felt a bit of pity stir in her stomach. Frank looked miserable; Lily wondered why he'd agree to come if he hated flying this much. A mumble from Gerard and a weight on her shoulder caused Lily to turn; finding the raven haired man resting his head on her shoulder. It was warm and heavy causing a dull ache to bloom after a few moments. Pushing him away there were a few moments of relief, before the pale cop's head landed on her shoulder once more. Frank seemed to be doing a bit better and Lily tried to ignore Gerard, turning back towards Frank.

"Hey, do you want something to drink? They have vodka I mean it looks like something Barbie would drink but at least it's something." He just nodded, refusing to look up. Holding a scrawny arm into the air the brunette hailed down one of the workers; thankfully not the one from before. "Excuse me, may we have a vodka?" She nodded and disappeared for a couple minutes, and returned with not one but two small shot-sized glasses with the beverage. "Here you are." She said, which Lily only nodded her thanks. Frank shot his back and swallowed quickly closing his eyes for a moment before looking at Lily. With a sigh she held out her own vodka and Frank knocked that back greedily. The liquor seemed to relax him slightly and he smiled at Lily the green hue leaving his face.

"So Lily, we don't really know each other. What kind of stuff do you like?" It was such a vague question the woman had trouble responding for a moment.

"Uh, hah. Well I really like Ireland. I haven't been home in nearly ten years. Give me a minute what do you like?" His eyes sparkled at this.

"I love music, Gee and I play together sometimes. I like rock music, the classics the good stuff. Cigarettes are good; I like Irish Accents." He sent a bit of a flirtatious wink towards Lily who smiled despite herself.

"I hate drug lords. And going into witness protection." This earned a laugh from Frank.

"I'll have to try to fix that. The witness protection thing- drug lords are never good. Spot on there." The pale brunette nodded her agreement. At least one of the cops were pleasant. After awhile the two fell into a silence both becoming a bit more relaxed on the plane; though at spots of bad turbulence they gripped each other's hands. The plane landed after a few more hours, Gerard's head still resting on Lily's shoulder much to her annoyance. Shaking him awake as Frank lumbered off to grab his bags she found him to be quite the heavy sleeper.

"Gerard. Wake up!" Lily shook him, trying to either wake him up or rid his head off her shoulder. "I swear to God." The girl muttered, which was answered by a soft mumble.

"I don't wanna... Twenty more minutes Karen. Stay with me." A look crossed Lily's face, she wasn't Karen and they certainty didn't have twenty more minutes to sleep in.

"Gerard help me!" She shouted, as loud as she dared, causing the man to bolt upright and scan his surroundings appearing a bit confused. "I need help with the bags." She smiled innocently enough at him; who glared.

"Don't do that unless you're actually in danger. Haven't you ever heard of the boy who cried wolf?"

"Of course I have. Maybe you shouldn't be in such a foul mood." Not having much else to say the short woman stood on her tiptoes and pulled her backpack out of the luggage holder above her head. She miscalculated the force she used to pull the bags down and managed to smack herself in the face.

"Shit!" Lily hissed, hoping her nose wasn't bruised because it felt kind of broken now. Gerard just laughed and moved past her.

"I'll be waiting with your parents. Don't forget to grab your iPod off the seat Sugar." If there were ever a time she despised the cop it would be now, standing in the aisle holding her nose and biting back the curses she wished to shout at his retreating back.

"This is going to be a long trip." The woman sighed wistfully to herself collecting her iPod and moving off the plane to the home she hadn't been to in years.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hmm... Don't be silent readers! I would love some comments!