Vampire Love

Goodbye My Friend, Goodbye My Life.

Waking up at 7 with a jolt, I remembered today was the day. I would be leaving everything I love, everything that kept me going. I didn't know if it could be done, if I were going to be able to survive it. I grogilly reached for my cell phone to call my best friend, Alissa, to bid my farewells. She picked the phone up sounding just as sleepy as I was.

"Hello?" Alissa said as if she were going to kill me.
"Hey....I'm leaving today."
"Oh, Evelynne!! I didn't realize that was today! I'm going to miss you so much!" She exclaimed as I felt the tears spill over.
"I'll miss you, too Alissa. Do you want to come over for a bit?"
"Um, actually Ev, I can't. I'm grounded, for one, and also my parents aren't up yet and they have the alarm on." She said with meaning.
"Damnit!! Okay...I guess I'll see you sometime. God I'm going to miss you so fuckin much....please call me sometime. I'll never forget you. 'Bye, love...." I said, trying not to have my voice crack, and shutting the phone closed.

Jumping down the flights of stairs uncaringly, I tried to calm myself down. She'd call me. We'd talk. It wasn't necessarily the end of the world. But as I thought of me leaving...I couldn't resist the pain. She was my best friend, and I was leaving her.

Entering the kitchen, I saw my parents were already up and getting stuff downstairs. I sighed unhappily and decided I might as well start getting ready to leave, too. Stumbling back up the steps, through my bedroom door, I started gathering as many boxes as I could hold, almost tripping over my own feet. One by one I descended down the stairs, and one by one I counted the thuds to defeat. Having everything loaded in the car, I ran back inside, grabbed my cell phone, Twilight series, and Ipod and headed out. When I got back to the car my parents were standing there looking at me with odd expressions on their faces.

"You really don't want to do this, do you?" My dad said, his voice full of concern.
"No, I don't Dad. I'm leaving Alissa...and my home. My life." I stated with all the sadness I could.
"I'm so sorry, Ev. You know I don't want to hurt you, but It's very rare for me to get this kind of job opportunity. Neither of us meant to hurt you, and I apologize."
"It's fine. Let's hit the road, shall we?"
"That's the spirit." He said, and it actually sounded like he meant it as he got into the car.

In total, the drive was about 4 hours, and I was exhausted by the time we got there, even though it was only one in the afternoon. Looking at the new house, though, I couldn't help but admit it was a major improvement. It was sort of a beige color, with dark brown shutters around the windows. Two stories, and a steeple type thing for the attic. In my opinion, it was gorgeous, and way bigger than my old home. As I thought of the place I just left, I felt my heart pulse in pain. "That's going to have to stop," I thought to myself.

Beginning to unpack, I thought about how long it was going to take for me to feel homesick again. Probably not that long. Alissa's face kept popping into my head, as if I would never get rid of it. Sobbing I ran upstairs, went into the first room I found, and collapsed. "Why did it have to be this hard? I should be able to move on with life rather than lookin back," I kept thinking.

As I lay on the cold, hard floor, I drifted off, and as I drifted off into a deadly sleep, I felt safe. Secure. Almost happy. What was wrong with me?...I didn't have time to answer that thought. For right after I asked it inside my head, I was asleep.
♠ ♠ ♠
Alright, I know I kind of skipped around alot, But I wanted to cover the leaving and getting there part in one chapter, and I didn't really want it to be super long, so I briefly said it. Sorry if it's not descriptive enough.