Status: active

We Don't Belong

I.

The worst thing to ever happen to her was to meet Andy Biersack. Andy had been just a normal guy at first, until all she could think about was him. He crept into her mind and took over like an infection. But this was an infection she didn't mind having. The only problem with liking Andy so much was that her best friend has dated him first.

"Who is that?" Haven asked her friend Addie while they were at Addie's locker before class. "I see him around a lot but I've never actually talked to him before. He's cute."

"That's Andy." Addie informed. "And yes, he's gorgeous. Just our type." Addie winked before slamming her locker shut.

"Wait, our type?" Haven said, following her friend. "Only one of us could date him."

Addie nodded. "True. But I think I have a better chance anyway. We're kind of friends, already. He asked me to go to this concert on the town green on Saturday to see his band play. Wanna go?"

Haven shrugged. "Sure, I don't see why not."

"Great!" Addie exclaimed, before turning off into her classroom, leaving Haven alone in the hall.

Addie had always been really good with guys, and Haven felt left out. She didn't understand how Addie could have so many guys falling all over her, when Haven couldn't even get one. Addie had Ben, Jason, Caleb, Luke, and now Andy. But Haven knew that Addie was still stuck on Ben. She always had been. Haven couldn't understand why Addie couldn't give Haven one chance. If Addie was still so hung on Ben, then why couldn't she just back off for once? Haven didn't understand, but she would.

****


Haven drove and Addie sat in the passengers side gloating all about how Andy and her texted all night long and how he likes her so much. Haven just rolled her eyes secretly as her friend flaunted her new relationship. Addie was known for two week relationships and Haven was interested to see how far this actually went.

The two girls grabbed their lawn chairs from the trunk of Haven's car and headed over to set up and get comfortable for the show. Addie strutted her way down the paved pathway as if it were a runway. Haven followed behind timidly. Haven was jealous of the way Addie was so confident. Addie was much thinner than Haven was, and it made Haven feel like the fat friend.

Maybe that's why guys don't like me... I'm not skinny like Addie...

But in truth, Haven wasn't fat, and Addie was keeping a secret.
♠ ♠ ♠
Short but to the point. I know this may not be the most amazing first chapter ever but I honestly didn't know how to start it. I have so many ideas for it but I had to get the ball rolling and the characters introduced. si g h