Status: active

We Don't Belong

IV.

I've always been addicted to pain,
and maybe that's why
I fell so, deeply in love with you.


Haven silently and swiftly made her way to the end of the mall again to wait for Andy to be done smoking his cigarette. She thought it was sweet of him to try and quit for Addie but he was quitting for the wrong reasons. Haven truly thought that Addie could care less about Andy.

"Hey," Andy's voice caught Haven's attention. "Where did Addie go?"

Haven shrugged, sadly. "I honestly couldn't tell you."

Andy shrugged himself. "Guess it's just you and me for a while, then." He draped his arm around her shoulders and they walked together.

Haven could feel her heart melting. What hurt the most was that she couldn't act on all the feelings that were pounding in her caged up soul, begging to be released from the prison they were locked inside. She let his touch sink into her skin and the scent of his cologne radiated off him and blessed her nostrils with the most tantalizing smell she had ever come across. In that moment, Haven knew what was happening. This has developed into much more than a stupid, little school girl crush. She had fallen head over heels.

Her phone buzzed in her back pocket and she discreetly slipped it into her hand and checked the message so Andy couldn't see, knowing it would be Addie.

Addie: If you're with Andy, ditch him. I need you ASAP.

Haven grimaced at the message on the screen. She was enjoying her one on one time with Andy and she didn't want to have to leave his side so soon.

She rolled her eyes as she put her phone back into her pocket and politely shrugged out from under Andy's arm.

"Uumm, bathroom!" She exclaimed frantically when she saw the confused look in Andy's eyes.

His features softened. "Oh. Well..." He looked around and spotted a small bench across from Hollister. "I'll sit here and wait for you."

Ugh, he's so sweet. Haven thought to herself. "Okay!" She said aloud, and hurried off in the opposite direction in her search to find a helpless Addie.

It didn't take long, because striding in her direction was Addie with Jeremy's slinky arm draped over her shoulders and dumb and dumber flanking either side.

"They refused to let me go until I got you to come 'pick me up' like I'm some child or something." Addie complained and pushed Jeremy's arm off her.

"Hey, we're just watching out for you, babe." Jeremy called after her.

Addie scoffed. "Whatever. Haven, let's go."

"You're pathetic." Haven mumbled before turning to join her friend.

Jeremy grabbed her by the wrist and pulled her back to face him. "Whoa, what was that?"

Haven looked up at him with wide, frightened eyes. His eyes were still red and bloodshot from the high he had earlier. "I said... I said you're pathetic. Addie has a boyfriend and she doesn't like you anyway."

A slimy smile spread across Jeremy's face. "She doesn't like me? Ask her how she really feels about me. And that little boyfriend she has won't last her long. She always comes back to me in the end." He threw her arm down and walked away, leaving her standing there with a shocked look plastered on her face.

"Haven, let's go." Addie barked at her friend.

Addie tugged on her friend's arm and Haven pulled away. "Addie, wait." She said. "What did Jeremy mean when he said you always come back to him in the end?"

Addie sighed audibly. "That fucking loser..." She shook her head. "Okay, well, he wouldn't let me leave until I kissed him. So I did. But that doesn't mean I have any feelings for him."

Haven swallowed, deeply upset with the news. "How did you even get involved with those guys in the first place?"

Addie reached for her friend's arm and linked their arms together. "Long story." She said nonchalantly. "But Jeremy and his friends don't matter. You and Andy are the only two people in my life who matter to me." She smiled brightly to hide the fact that she was lying straight through her teeth.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hope you guys enjoyed this update! It was kind of hard for me to finish. I had started it a few weeks ago when my boyfriend and I got into a little tiff and so I was naturally upset and I needed to write but I got tired and fell asleep before I managed to finish it. And then my boyfriend and I made up and all and so we're good now and I was just not in the mood to finish the chapter but I knew I had to. I'm sorry if this makes no sense. I feel like my mind was a bit cloudy when I was writing it.

Shout outs:

-a.rebel.in.love.97