Remedy

Drive Me Crazy ; Kip Moore

Closing the bedroom door behind her Callie grinned and stood in front of Jamie, who was sitting on the bed, legs stretched out in front of him, back against the headboard reading a book. He glanced up, raising an eyebrow at her, laughing as she took the book from him and tossed it onto the ground over his shoulder. She straddled him, and smiled as he warned, “don't start something you can't finish.”

Smiling innocently at him Callie said, “who says I was starting anything?”

Jamie smiled, ever since she had finally finished wedding stuff aside from last minute things that were to be done the week before the wedding, Callie had been in a better mood than Jamie was sure he had seen all year. He rested his hands on her hips and said, “I'm serious Callie.”

Callie smiled and leaned down, silencing him with her lips, when she pulled back she said, “who said anything about sex Mr.?”

Jamie groaned, before he smirked and stood up, picking Callie up with him. She muffled her light scream into his shoulder, wrapping her legs tight around his waist as he closed the bathroom door behind them. Callie stared curiously at him after he put her down and leaned into the shower, turning the water on, before raising her eyebrow at him as he turned to her.

“I am not having shower sex when your brother is three rooms down the hall.” Callie said, narrowing her eyes as Jamie pulled her shirt off her head. She crossed her arms, making him laugh as he slowly pushed her boyshorts down her legs, dropping his own briefs before he raised his eyebrow at her, making her shake her head and not budge.

Jamie leaned down, kissing her softly, and smiled as Callie eventually wrapped her arms around his neck. He leaned down, lifting her up off the ground, before stepping into the shower. Callie looked up at him after he set her down, ran her hands down his chest before they slid around his waist, pulling herself closer to him, leaning up to kiss him again.

“Have I told you I love you lately?” Callie asked, looking up at him as he smiled down at her.

“Yes, but you can say it again.” Jamie told her with a smile.

Callie grinned, “you're such a girl.”

She let out a small scream and pushed her face into his neck as he dug his fingers into her side making her jump and then laugh. When he stopped he pulled her into him again and rested his chin on her head, “well have I told you how much I love you lately?”

Smiling Callie pulled back slightly and shook her head, making him smile. He leaned down and kissed her quickly before he pulled back and she said, “well I guess that works instead of actually saying it.”

He let out a laugh at this and kissed her again before he said, “you know I do.”

“I know.”

- - -

Callie let out a content sigh as she leaned back into Jamie, who was sitting with his back against the headboard of her bed. She was sitting beside him, his arms around her, and every so often he would lean down to kiss the top of her head.

“What are you thinking about?” He asked softly, tucking her hair back behind her ear as she turned to face him.

Callie pulled the sheet wrapped around her tighter before she said, “I was just thinking about us. Whatever we're calling it.”

Jamie raised his eyebrow and she ran her hand through his longer than usual hair as he asked, “what do you mean? We are an us.”

Callie let out a sigh and explained, “I just... we haven't been all year Jamie. I mean you live in Texas for most of the year, I go between here and Vancouver. We barely speak all year, we only saw each other the two times you played here all season and this is how we spent those days.”

“I don't see what's wrong with how we spent the time we had together.” Jamie told her quietly, making Callie turn enough to face him better.

“I'm not saying there is, it's just... why are we doing this? I mean can you honestly say that I was the only girl, that you were never with another girl over the past year?” Callie asked him, making him sigh.

“You're the one who said we weren't gonna do the long distance, exclusive thing.” Jamie said, suddenly feeling guilty even if it wasn't her intention.

“I know, and I meant it. We were both with other people, and on the occasions we were in the same city we were together. That's not how I want to spend the rest of our lives Jamie. I love you, you know I do... but what are we doing?” Callie asked, watching as he leaned his head back against the headboard and ran his hand over his face.

“I don't know Cal.”

Curiously she asked him, “is this really how you saw us four years ago? Hell even last year?”

She held her breath, suddenly she didn't want to know his answer. Jamie shook his head, “no, but I also didn't see you staying here.”

Callie stared at him as he got up and started getting dressed, it wasn't until he was almost completely dressed that she got up and threw the shirt she had been wearing when he had gotten there, which happened to be one of his. She grabbed his wrist as he made his way to the door of her small bedroom and she asked, “what does that mean?”

Jamie turned to her and sighed, pulled his hand from hers and said, “it means you could have come with me to Dallas.”

For a moment Callie thought she was hearing things, and it was that reason why her voice raised slightly as she told him, “you never asked!”

Softly Jamie admitted, “I didn't think I had to.”

Callie stared at him again for a few seconds, before she took his hands and pulled him back to the bed, where they sat side by side in silence for several minutes. Callie finally said, “I just assumed...”

Nodding slowly Jamie told her, “and I always thought you just never wanted to go, so I made the best of our situation. Callie I don't care if I get to see you every day or twice a year, either one it's always gonna be you. I'm always gonna come back to you. Those two trips were the best away games all year, I wouldn't have traded them for anything. If I only got to see you twice a year it was better than the alternative.”

Callie sighed, pushed her hands through her hair and said, “god if you had just asked...Jamie I would have dropped everything for you. Everything could have been different.”

“And now?”

Turning to him she raised her eyebrow, “what do you mean?”

“This is me doing what I should have done last summer. Come with me, go to Dallas with me when I leave. If you say no that's fine, I'm not giving up on this, I'll mark the dates I'm here on a calendar but if you say yes... Callie it's always gonna be you, you should know that by now. You're the only person I want. I want you to be the first thing I see when I wake up, and I want to end my days with you.”


Callie jumped as Jamie nudged her and asked, “what are you thinking about?”

She smiled and turned to face him, she was sitting between his legs in the grass in the backyard. Jordie and Kelly had gone in an hour ago, and they had stayed outside enjoying some alone time. She leaned forward and caught him by surprise with a kiss before she told him, “I was thinking about the night you asked me to move here.”

Jamie grinned, “that was a good day.”

“Well... maybe the ending.” Callie said with a smile as Jamie wrapped his arms tighter around her and kissed her temple.

“No matter what happened that day, I got the girl of my dreams to come back here with me, it's always gonna be a good memory.” Jamie told her, making her kiss him again.

“I like this side of you.” Callie said, and Jamie raised his eyebrow. She smiled and told him, “just... when it's just me and you, and we're talking. I don't know, it's just like a whole different you.”

“You're the only one I show it to.”

“I feel so privileged.” Callie joked, making them laugh.

“I know I said I'd be fine with the two times a year thing, but I don't think I would have if you had said no that night.” Jamie admitted softly, Callie smiled at this and shifted to face him, putting her hand on his cheek she kissed him again quickly.

“I know, but not even for a second would I have considered saying no. You were the one that always said there wasn't anyone else, and I know I never really say it back, but you know I feel the same right?” Callie asked, waiting until he nodded before she admitted, “I tried really hard to make myself think otherwise, I tried to forget all about you because I thought it would be easier but it never was.”

“I spent that entire year trying to convince myself you were just another girl, but it didn't matter who I was with, you were the only girl I wanted.” Jamie said, making her smile and kiss him again.

Callie then grinned and said, “I know. Jordie used to tell me you always looked for girls that were complete opposites of me. Said he thought you thought it was easier if they had blue eyes and blonde hair.”

“Yeah well... there's a reason we call him the smart one.”

“Let's not tell him you said that.” Callie said, making him laugh.

They stayed silent for several minutes before Jamie leaned down to kiss her shoulder before he told her, “I think even if you had said no, we'd still be where we are right now. I think we would have found our way back to each other somehow in the end.”

“I think you're right.”
♠ ♠ ♠
yaaay update because of tonight :)
Also new story:
Connect