Remedy

Battfield; Lea Michele

Callie narrowed her eyes at Jamie, who was watching her intently. He was leaning against the door frame to the closet and Callie was across the room leaning against the dresser. Her arms were crossed at her chest, and she no longer looked nervous or scared to be in the same room as him as she had when he had first cornered her in the bedroom, now she just looked angry.

He couldn't exactly blame her for being angry, it had been a rough couple of weeks, but he was angry in his own sense. He was tired of the constant go between, Callie refused to talk to Jamie and it had been almost 2 weeks. He had no idea what he had done, or if he had even done anything.

"You're just gonna stand there and stare at me then?" Jamie asked, trying to keep his own emotions out of it. He had been walking around on egg shells, terrified of saying something that would set her off.

Callie scoffed, "you're the one who cornered me in here Jamie."

"Yeah because I want to know what the hell is going on with you. Because you refuse to talk to me Callie." For a second Jamie swore he saw her expression soften and tears fill her eyes, but just as soon as he thought he saw it she rolled her eyes at him and was back to the same Callie she had been for weeks.

"I'm not having this conversation." Callie told him, her voice void of anything that would give away how she was feeling. He watched her move from the dresser and toward the bathroom.

He wrapped his hand around her wrist and was surprised when she didn't pull away. Instead they stood there in silence, Callie facing the door to the bathroom, Jamie staring at his hand around her wrist.

"Just talk to me Cal." His voice was soften than usual, and it sounded almost foreign to both of them.

Callie took a breath of air and turned toward him, "you want me to talk? Okay. You want to know what's going on? What's going on is that my sister is dead and I can't handle that."

"It's okay to be upset."

Callie shook her head, "no. I moved past upset and straight to pissed off. I can't think, I can't do anything. I can't be the person you need me to be right now."

"I don't need you to be anything Cal. I just want you to be okay, and I want you to realize I'm here and I'm not going anywhere." Jamie said softly. He watched as she shook her head at him.

"No but you do Jamie. It's who you are. You need me to be there for you, I get it, and I always have been. I go to every game I can, I go to the team events, I make sure your suits are dry cleaned and ready, I wait at home and miss you every time you leave. Do I ever complain? No. Not once. Not even when you're pissed off about losing or whatever it is this time or another, I let you take it out on me even when if it was any other situation, any other person, I would have told you to suck it up and move on a long time ago. So no Jamie, I really don't want to have this conversation right now because I'm saying things I'm gonna regret tomorrow." She kept herself from saying anything more, and watched as Jamie simply stared at her for a moment and then shook his head lightly.

"So why are you even still here?" He asked, his voice harsh. When Callie didn't say anything Jamie asked, "if it's so fucking hard to be with me why are you here Callie? Jesus I get that this is hard for you, but don't push the people who are trying to help out."

"I don't want your help!" Callie exclaimed, making him raise his eyebrow at her. She fumbled for what to say next before she finally said, "I can't do this anymore. This is all just...way too much. I can't..."

"Then go home Callie. We can figure everything out and figure out the wedding stuff after the seasons over." Callie stared at him as he said this, she wanted to cry, to tell him it was okay that they could figure it out now, but instead she just felt angry again.

"That's always it isn't it Jamie? It's always after the season, or after this road trip. I can't marry you if I'm constantly coming in second. It's your job I get it but some things are more important than that."

"You don't get it Cal. If you did we wouldn't be having this fight. I can't drop everything to be there for you like someone with a 9 to 5 can, and I really can't deal with the stress from my job and then the stress at home. I'm here and you won't talk to me, I go on the road and all I do is worry about you being here at home." Callie blinked a few times, watched as he stared back at her.

"Oh I'm so sorry. I'm so sorry it's difficult for you when you're on the road Jamie. I'm so sorry that you worry. I'm sorry that you have to deal with me when I just lost my fucking sister. Really, truly I'm so sorry your life is hard right now." Callie told him, her eyes hard and her voice laced in sarcasm and anger.

Jamie wanted to roll his eyes at her but he didn't. Instead he held his hands up in a surrender motion and shook his head gently, "you know what, you do what you need to do right now but I'm done trying to help you. So go home, if you really hate being here and around me and my life so much go home Callie. Fucking leave!"

"I'm done. This is done. The wedding, us, everything. I'm done." Jamie did and said nothing, he just watched her turn away from him and walk out of the bedroom. He heard her on the stairs and when the front door slammed shut he made his way down the stairs and into the kitchen.

Jordie closed the door behind him and pointed out as Jamie came around he corner and he asked, "what the hell was up with that? I nicely said hi to Callie when I passed her and she told me to go fuck myself."

Jamie sighed, pushed his hand through his hair and said, "she canceled the wedding."

"She what?"

"And us. She just told me we were done." Jamie said quietly, the realization finally hitting him.

"No man everything's gonna work out. She'll come back here and you two will make up and everything will be fine again." Jordie told him, giving him a slap on the shoulder.

Jamie shook his head, "no its not. I told her to go home to BC, and she left and she's not coming back."

- - - -

Callie wiped at her cheeks as she stood outside of Kara's house. The minute the door swung open Callie felt bad, Kara and Brenden were both in pyjamas, Brenden was sitting on the couch and a movie was paused on the TV.

Kara's expression softened the minute she seen Callie. She pulled her inside and shut the door, "Honey what's wrong?"

Callie shook her head, "I should go, I'm sorry I didn't mean to interrupt or anything."

"You're not going anywhere. What happened?" Kara asked as she put her arm around Callie's shoulder and lead her to the kitchen table. She heard Kara ask Brenden to put the kettle on before she sat down in the seat beside her.

Callie fumbled for words for a few moments before she said, "I think I just broke up with Jamie."

Kara was quiet for a moment before she asked, "did you two get into a fight or something?"

Nodding Callie used the sleeve of her long sleeve to wipe away the tears she couldn't stop from rolling down her cheeks, "it was bad. Really bad."

"What was it about?"

"Everything. It started out just him being mad that I wasn't talking to him, and then we got into it about his job, and... we were mean Kara. I basically told him I hated his job and that I blame him for not being around and that I hate who I've become since I moved here. And then he told me that if I hate it here so much I should leave." Kara was rubbing her back and Callie stopped talking to catch her breath from crying so much.

Brenden filled three mugs and set them down on the table before he took the seat on the other side of Callie. Kara looked up at him, her face mirroring his.

"And then I told him I was done, that the wedding was off and we were done." Callie said, her voice shaky as tears fell again.

Kara put her arms around Callie, who basically collapsed into her, and she rested her chin on Callie's head before she looked at Brenden as if asking him what to do. He shrugged and Kara curiously asked, "did you tell him? I mean does he know?"

"About the baby? No. How could I? He was basically telling me he didn't want me around anymore. Not that I can blame him I mean I said some pretty horrible things."

Kara shook her head, "no, you don't go letting him off the hook that easy. He can't honestly expect you to go back to normal just like that after this. Everything changed and he needs to get used to that."

Callie sniffled and nodded, Brenden put his hand over hers and gave it a light squeeze before he said, "I'm gonna head home. Give you two some time."

Callie went to protest but he shook his head and kissed Kara's cheek before he left them alone. Kara picked up her and Callie's cups and lead her to her bedroom where she set the cups on the nights and and rooted through her dresser for something Callie could wear.

"Here. These will be a lot comfier for you." Kara handed her the stack of clothes and went out into the living room in search of a second blanket.

Callie slipped out of her jeans and long sleeve and into the cotton pj pants and thermal long sleeve Kara had left for her. She made her way across the hall to the bathroom to splash water on her face, and pull her hair up into a messy bun.

She was walking back across the hall when Kara came back with another blanket and smiled gently, "we'll sleep in my room tonight and then tomorrow I'll set up the guest room and you can stay as long as you like."

Callie managed a smile and nodded and she sat down on the side of the bed. Kara did the same and put her arm around Callie as Callie said, "I don't know what to do."

"Here's what you do. You take some time to figure it out alone, and then you decide where to go from there. Whether it's back to the condo or back to BC, or even just into my guest room. Either one you choose you won't be alone. Whether Jamie is in you and this babies life or not, I'm gonna be here. I promise you that. You won't have to do this alone."
♠ ♠ ♠
Dun dun dun
So yeah...that couldn't be helped
But hey, what's a little drama before the soon to be end of the story?
But fear not there is a sequel! :)