Remedy

Unchained Melody; The Righteous Brothers

Jamie glanced over to the clock, which read in bright red numbers 5:30. The sight made him want to sigh, he normally would sleep for at least two more hours before he even thought of getting up, but lately it was like his internal clock woke him up before 6 almost every morning. He sat up slightly in bed, shoulders against the headboard, and turned to Callie, who was sound asleep beside him, laying on her stomach, head turned away from him and toward the bedroom door.

He gently pushed her brown hair from her shoulders, and slowly ran his middle and ring fingers down her spine. The heat had risen well above normal temperatures the night before, it had gotten so high the AC had struggled to keep up with it. Callie had been sitting in a near ice cold bath when Jamie got home from a game the night before, they had ordered Chinese take out not wanting to turn the oven on, and had ended up using two entire trays of ice from the freezer. Jamie's lips turned up in a smile as he remembered how the ice idea hadn't lasted very long, instead they ended up exactly where they were now.

Carefully, Jamie got out of bed, pulling a pair of shorts up onto his hips, deciding to jump in the shower quickly before he made his way to the kitchen. He checked the AC, thankful that the heat outside had cooled down at the AC was working as usual now. He grabbed the eggs from the fridge and a fry pan before he started on breakfast, being sure to flick the switch on the coffee pot for Callie.

He jumped slightly as arms wrapped around him from behind, before he turned, smiling down at Callie who had woken up only a few minutes earlier. She hadn't bothered putting anything other than a pair of short spandex shorts on, and one of Jamie's Stars shirts that practically swallowed her it was so big on her. She leaned up and kissed him quickly before they both turned at the sound of feet on the hardwood floor.

“Morning sunshine.” Callie said with a smile, making Kelly grumble.

“Why are you always so damn happy in the morning?” She asked, a scowl on her own face.

Jamie chuckled and Callie shrugged, “I don't know, because it's not a million degrees out anymore? Or because I get to wake up to this cute face every day.” She laughed as Jamie rolled his eyes, a slight blush creeping across his cheeks as she patted them gently before she leaned up, kissed him and made her way to the fridge.

Kelly mumbled something under her breath as the front door opened and closed. Callie smiled as Jordie walked in, dropping onto the chair beside Kelly. He grinned at his brother, “I knew you'd have breakfast going.”

Jamie simply rolled his eyes at his brother and watched as Callie flipped a pancake for him, he smiled gratefully at her, watching as she smiled back at him before she put a stack of pancakes on a plate and deposited the plate on the table. She grabbed the orange juice from the fridge, set it along with several glasses on the table before she filled a mug with steaming hot coffee and sat down at the table.

Between a mouthful of pancakes Jordie looked at his brother and said, “moms coming to visit Friday. She stayed with me last time so it's your go.”

Jamie rolled his eyes, it was a running joke between them that they would alternate who their parents stayed with when they came to visit, but mostly it was so each brother got the same amount of visiting time.

- - -

Jamie found Callie laying on her back on the grass of their backyard hours later, she had somehow disappered after breakfast when Jamie and Jordie had gone to practice. He closed the patio doors behind him and made his way down the steps of the deck, before he made her laugh loudly as he dropped on top of her, making her move her legs to either side of him.

He lowered his head to rest his forehead on her collar bone, smiling as she wrapped one arm around his side, her hand staying on his back, the other wrapped around his shoulder, her fingers playing with the hair at the back of his head.

Jamie laughed as Kelly poked her head out of the window upstairs and yelled out, “get a room already!”

He laughed even louder as Callie reached down and grabbed his butt with her hand just for show. He brought his eyes back to hers, kissing her gently before he said, “three days is far too long.”

Callie smiled and nodded in agreement, she loved Jamie, and she knew he loved hockey, but she hated when he had road trips. Jamie knew it too, it was part of the reason why he hated having to travel for his job, but it was how much support Callie had for him that made it easier to do.

Callie brought him down to her to kiss him quickly before she said, “three days isn't that long and when you get back your parents will be here.”

Jamie nodded slowly and said, “well maybe you'll just have to help take my mind off it.”

Callie smirked, “you know I really don't think it's fair for Kelly to have to listen to that two days in a row. You are really loud you know.”

Jamie laughed loudly again, which caused Callie to laugh as well, before he said, “she'll get over it.”

With a smile Callie said, “she does have a pretty loud stereo.”

Jamie chuckled as Callie pushed him off of her and took off into the house. He laid on his back in the grass for a moment before he stood up and followed her back into the house, catching up to her as she was nearing the stairs. He wrapped his arms around her waist, lifting her off the ground as Callie yelped, before she laughed.

He all but slammed the bedroom door behind them, before he set her down, and Callie turned to him with a soft smile. She wrapped her arms around his neck, before she leaned up on her tip toes, smiling as Jamie pulled her into him tightly, before she kissed him softly.

Both of them laughed as music began to float down the hallway, before Callie kissed him again. She smiled against his lips as Jamie leaned down just enough to grab her and lift her up off the ground, making Callie wrap her legs around his waist. She said nothing as he sat her on the top of the dresser and stood between her legs, his lips still on hers as his hands slid under her shirt and onto her back. Callie pulled away from him, yanking his shirt up over his head which almost made him laugh, he watched as he pulled her own shirt off before connecting their lips again as her hands ran down his stomach and pulled on the belt that was holding his jeans up. Jamie smiled against her lips, hands on the sides of her face.

- - -

Callie leaned up and kissed Jamie's nose which made him chuckle at her, before she fell back onto the heels of her feet. His arms were wrapped losely around her waist, and Callie had one hand resting flat on his chest, the other on his shoulder. Jamie turned slightly, nodded at one of his teammates as they passed him on their way to the team bus, before he turned back to Callie with a small smile.

She smiled up at him, “go kick some ass okay?”

He laughed lightly and nodded, “absolutely.”

Jamie leaned down and kissed her gently before Callie told him, “and don't come home all bruised and beaten up this time okay?” He chuckled and nodded, laughing more as she added, “because then you might not even make it in the front door.”

He was thankful that he had lucked out with Callie, unlike a lot of his teammates wives and girlfriends Callie didn't mind when he fought. He couldn't help but think back to the first time he had fought in juniors with Callie in the stands, and how after she had told him she found it 'rather hot' and they had somehow ended up in the back seat of his car in the arena parking lot in Kelowna.

“I make no promises. Who knows maybe I might miss you so much I might just decide reinacting high school Friday nights would be fun.” He said, a small smirk playing on his lips.

Callie grinned up at him, swatting his shoulder gently before she picked up his bag from the ground, handing it to him, “don't wanna be late now would you?”

He shook his head and took the bag from her before he leaned down once more and kissed her hard, “just so you don't forget what's coming home to you in a few days.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Updatesss yaaaay
Comments would be great :)