Remedy

Oh, Pretty Woman; Roy Orbison

Callie couldn't have wiped the smile off her face all day if she had tried, even through her short five hour shift that afternoon she'd had a large smile on her face greeting every customer. She had gotten home only an hour earlier, had rushed to shower and blow dry her hair before she opened the closet and stared at her clothes. She couldn't help but let out a small chuckle, she had always made fun of Jamie for having more clothes than she did, they had split their closet half and half, and while Callie struggled to fill even half of her half, Jamie's clothes had slowly started making their way past the half way mark.

She saw Kelly walk past the bedroom and called out, “hey Kel, come help me.”

Kelly backed toward the door before she walked into the bedroom, saw the closest and laughed, “it's a good thing Jamie admits to having lots of clothes or I would bug him so hard right now.”

Callie chuckled before she said, “so... what do I wear tonight?”

Kelly shrugged, walking into the closet, poking around Callie's minuscule amount of dresses, before she pulled two out and held them up for Callie to inspect. She scrunched her nose up at both of them momentarily, she was not a dress person and it wasn't a secret at all, in fact she wasn't sure if she had ever worn either of those dresses before. The first was much more casual, it was deep coral and chiffon, she guessed it probably hit just above her knee, the second was a dark hunter green sleeveless lace dress, an inch or so of lace hung off the green slip underneath, and the lace continued past the top of her chest, and continued without the slip all the way around the the middle of her back. She didn't even know where this had come from.

Kelly grinned, “I'll pick for you.” She held out the green one, forcing Callie to take it from her.

“When the hell did... is this like from high school because I don't remember buying this...” Callie said as she looked at the dress again.

Kelly almost chuckled, instead she smiled and said, “now see... don't get mad... I was kind of forced to help Jamie pick you out a new dress. I mean he is right, you don't buy clothes unless you're forced to.”

Callie rolled her eyes, but smiled at Kelly after and said, “well thank you. It is actually something I would wear.”

Callie laughed loudly as Kelly fist pumped and dropped onto the bed. Callie hung the dress up by the hanger on the closet door and tossed a pair of black heels onto the floor under the dress, before she threw on a very light amount of makeup and turned to Kelly, dropping down on the bed beside her with a small sigh.

“You have a date to get to in half an hour.” Kelly pointed out, making Callie laugh and pull on her tank top, which was covered in makeup smears.

“Do you know what he's doing?” Callie asked curiously, for the past two days whenever she walked in a room with Jamie and Kelly or Jordie their conversation would halt. To say she was curious was an understatement.

Kelly shrugged, “nope haven't any idea.”

“You're a horrible liar.” Callie said, making Kelly laugh. She got up and moved to the mirror, trying to decide what to do with her mousy brown hair. She debated curling it, but instead decided to pile it on top of her head into a neat bun.

She turned to Kelly, who gave her thumbs up, before she tossed her work pants and tank top into the hamper and slipped into the dress, asking Kelly to zip it up for her. Kelly laughed and said, “clearly you're expecting the date to end up in the bedroom tonight.”

Callie laughed, she had been extra careful to pick out matching bra and underwear that morning just in case she didn't get much time to change when she got home from work. She grinned and said, “yeah well, it is Jamie. We probably won't even make it through dinner.” Kelly chuckled, if there was one thing she had learned in the past three years of living with them it was that her stereo was her best friend.

Callie slipped her feet into her heels, and Kelly simply grinned at the fact that even with three inch heels Callie still stood a good two inches shorter than her. Rolling her eyes Callie walked back to the dresser, and put in a pair of simple stud earrings in, ones that Jamie had given to her for Christmas her first year in Dallas.

Kelly looked down at her phone and then up at Callie, “your man is waiting downstairs for you.”

Callie smiled and left the bedroom, seeing Jamie from the top of the stairs before he saw her. His back was to her but from what she could tell he was in a black suit, she saw Jordie look up at her and smile, which caused Jamie to turn around, his eyes never leaving hers.

He met her at the bottom of the stairs, and linked their arms together before whispering, “you look gorgeous.”

She smiled up at him and said, “you don't look so terrible yourself.”

He chuckled and kissed her quickly, before they were stopped by Jordie who looked at Jamie with possibly the worst impression of a glare and said, “have her home at a respectable time please.”

Callie burst into laughter and Jamie simply smiled shook his brothers hand and said, “yes sir.”

As they were walking out the back door Jordie called after them, “and hurt her I'll shoot you.”

Callie wanted to laugh, but instead she crunched her eyebrows together and looked up at Jamie as he lead her to the patio doors to the back yard. He smiled and opened them, letting her step out first, his eyes never leaving hers as she glanced around the backyard, a smile stretching across her lips.

He had somehow covered the fence of the backyard in white lights, set up a table and chairs, with two red candles on the table. It was when she turned back to him, eyes glazed with tears, that he pulled out a single pink rose, making her smile before she let out a small laugh.

“I know I said we were gonna go out, but then I decided this was better. It reminds me of juniors.” Jamie told her, making her smile and nod, embracing him in a tight hug.

“It's perfect.” Was all she said, and Jamie pulled back from the hug to kiss her once more before he made his way up to the deck to hit play on the stereo. Callie smiled as an old Elvis song came on the outdoor stereo, and when Jamie was back beside her she took his arm for balance and pulled both of her heels off, tossing them onto the deck with a smile. She caught Jamie's glance and explained, “I am not gonna attempt to dance in grass in those things. Bad idea.”

He chuckled and ultimately did the same thing with his own shoes, not wanting to accidentally step on her bare feet. Callie smiled up at him as he pulled her into him, one hand around her waist the other clasped tightly in hers.

Callie rested her head on his chest, ignoring the obvious height difference between them now that the heels were off, her hand around his neck began to brush through his hair gently, and it was then that Jamie leaned down slightly to say, “I think we have an audience.”

Callie turned her head and laughed at finding Jordie and Kelly both staring through the window at them, and upon noticing they were caught they both scurried away from the window making Callie and Jamie laugh.

“How many more months until we can do this for real?” Jamie asked her quietly, already knowing the answer to his question.

Callie smiled, kissing his jaw gently before she said, “just under 6.”

“So that means 6 more months until we can have kids right?” He asked with a grin, making Callie laugh.

“What is so bad about waiting and enjoying married life for a little before we add children to the mix?” Callie asked him curiously, she and Jamie had both wanted kids for a long time, but she had been shocked when he had first told her he wanted them right after they got married. She had always assumed they would get married, wait a year or two and then have babies.

Jamie shrugged, “I don't know, I just want that with you.”

“I do too.” Callie said, reassuring him, before she grinned, “you have total baby fever.”

Jamie rolled his eyes, “do not.”

Smiling Callie nodded her head, “do to. You should see your face whenever you're around babies Jamie. I mean, it makes sense Dana's only a few months old, and now Courtney has another one, and Christy's having another one in a few months. It's like babies everywhere with my family.”

“How do you not have baby fever then? Baby fever is a chick thing.” Jamie said, making Callie laugh loudly.

“I don't have it because my sisters have all been pumping out kids since I was in high school. I'm used to it.” She explained before she smiled at him, patting his cheek gently as she said, “you so have baby fever.”

Jamie rolled his eyes, “stop saying that word. You're starting to make me uncomfortable.”

Callie grinned, “what word? Baby?” When he nodded she smirked, “baby, baby, baby, baby, baby-”

He cut her off with a kiss before she could say anything else, and Callie smiled against his lips, their bodies stopped moving to the music, and she brought her hand up to his cheek, smiling as one of his hands slid up her back and to the back of her neck.

When they pulled apart Callie grinned, “you know, if you wanted to move this elsewhere you could have done that a lot earlier.”

Jamie grinned, “I would but we haven't even had dinner yet.”

Callie shrugged, pulling herself closer to him, “when was the last time we actually made it to dinner during a date? I'm giving you everything you could possibly want, a free pass to skip the date and take me upstairs and let you have your way with me.”

Jamie smirked and then said, “as much as I want that, I convinced Jordie to cook us dinner and I think we might bruise his ego if we don't at least eat the food.”

Callie sighed dramatically, “the things I sacrifice for your brother.”

Jamie chuckled and kissed her forehead as the patio doors opened and Jordie walked through saying, “sorry for the interruption but your food is ready.” Callie and Jamie took their seats as plates were set down in front of them and as Jordie made his way back to the house he turned and looked at Jamie and said, “no funny business either, don't think I didn't see that subtle ass grab Callie.”

Jamie laughed, Callie simply smiled and turned to Jordie and said, “yes dad.”

Jordie smiled, “thank you.”

Callie turned back to Jamie and said, “he's your brother.”

- - -

“We forgot desert.” Jamie said, as he came back into the bedroom, holding a plate.

Callie raised her eyebrows, pulling the sheets around herself so she could shift her position in the bed, smirking she said, “wasn't rounds one to three desert?”

Jamie grinned and shook his head, getting back into bed, before he set the plate down on the bed between them and picked up a strawberry, “nope, see that was the calorie burning we needed to do to have the desert.”

Callie smiled as he held out a chocolate covered strawberry to her, she rolled her eyes and bit into it and kissed Jamie quickly, “well not that I object, but you do have an unfair advantage here.” When Jamie raised an eyebrow she smiled, “you know I can't resist any form of strawberries, plus you have such a cute butt so I don't mind at all watching you leave the room.”

Jamie laughed and leaned down kissing her again, “keep saying stuff like that and your strawberries are gonna end up on the floor for round 4.”

Callie smiled as his lips left kisses across her jaw and down her neck before she said, “well that wouldn't be such a bad thing.”

“I'm taking that as my go ahead.” Jamie informed her, practically rolling on top of her.

Callie grinned, and shoved the strawberries right off the bed, the plate clamoring against the floor, before she wrapped an arm around Jamie's neck and pulled him as close to her as she could. She groaned as he purposely pushed his hips into hers and she mumbled, “you better finish what you start.”

Jamie pulled back slightly and smirked, “don't I always?”
♠ ♠ ♠
yay updateeee
comments would be great