Remedy

Wild World; Cat Stevens

Rolling over Callie groaned into the pillow, she finally rolled onto her back slowly and closed her eyes, letting out a breath of air. She hadn't felt this bad in years, probably since her first year of college. When she heard chatter downstairs she blew air from her lungs again, and sat up slowly, hand pressed tight against her forehead, she squeezed her eyes closed as the room began to spin, and before she knew it she was bent over the toilet emptying what little she had in her stomach previously.

Getting to her feet she stood in front of the mirror, taking a good look at herself only made her groan. Her hair was a mess, she had mascara smeared under her eyes, she was sweating. She pushed a hand through her hair, trying to straighten it out a little bit, before she brushed her teeth, rinsing her mouth with mouthwash before she applied deodorant and made her way out of the bedroom.

She stood at the top of the stairs adjusting to the light, it was still dark outside, likely early morning, but it seemed like every light downstairs was turned on. She stumbled slightly on the last step, and walked into the kitchen, catching both Kelly and Jordie watching her carefully.

Callie didn't say a word, she didn't meet their concerned eyes, instead she filled a cup with water and grabbed the bottle of Advil from the cupboard, downing two. She slumped down into one of the kitchen chairs, and Kelly got up as the kettle whistled.

“You want some tea?” Callie shook her head to Kelly's question, but a mug of steaming tea was placed down in front of her.

Callie nearly rolled her eyes, but instead she mumbled a thank you and then looked up at Jordie confused, “why are you here?”

He cracked a light smile before explaining, “we got in around four.”

Kelly then turned over her shoulder and said, “I called him for you, wasn't sure if you wanted to deal with Jamie yet or not.”

Callie glanced up at Kelly, eyebrows crunched, “why did you need to call someone for me?”

Eyebrow raised Jordie asked, “you really don't remember last night? You must have been drunker than I thought.”

Callie groaned, it was all starting to come back to her now. She had gone out for drinks with some girls from work, one turned into far more than she could handle and she had somehow ended up at the airport. Why did she go to the airport?

“So, that dream I had about verbally abusing the lady at the ticket section of the airport wasn't a dream?” Callie asked, groaning as Jordie nodded.

“You were sitting in one of the seats crying when we got there.” Jordie said, explaining further when he saw Callie's brows crunched together as if she was trying to still piece things together, “you kept saying that you needed to apologize to Jamie, that you needed to go to New York and talk to him.”

“Oh my god. I'm never leaving this house again.” Callie grumbled, taking a sip of her tea. She then looked up at Jordie, “is Jamie here?”

She watched as Jordie and Kelly exchanged looks before Jordie shook his head, “no he stayed at the arena, wanted to get a good work out in. He said he'd text me before he comes home.”

Nodding slowly Callie made an 'o' with her lips, but said nothing, instead she took another sip of her tea, wrapping her small hands around the warm cup. Finally she looked up at Kelly and smiled, “so I guess showing up drunk at the airport is what hitting rock bottom is like huh?”

Kelly laughed, Jordie however didn't. Instead he said, “you worried me you know. Both of you. Jamie had a rough weekend too. You two need to talk when he gets home.”

Callie sighed and stood up, “actually what I need to do is shower because all I can smell right now is vodka and it's making me sick.”

She didn't wait for another word, instead she disappeared up the stairs and back into her bedroom. She turned the shower on as hot as it would go, before dropping her clothes, and stepping in. Callie let out a small breath of air as she stood under the scalding water, running her hands through her hair. She rested her head on the shower wall, closing her eyes she took another deep breath.

She was trying to piece last night together. She could remember going out for drinks, she could remember realizing early in the morning that she needed to talk to Jamie, that she missed him and she didn't want to let what happen ruin their relationship. She didn't remember how she got to the airport, she could however remember yelling that she was a paying customer and just wanted a ticket to the woman at the booth when she said they couldn't sell her a ticket because she had been drinking.

She didn't remember crying, she didn't remember Jordie and Kelly, she didn't even know how she got home aside from what they told her. Her eyes stung with tears, and she had to take small breaths in, there was a small part of her that wanted to get out of the shower and go straight to the arena, to find Jamie and to settle this, but instead she turned around, and continued her shower.

She set the brush down, and hung the towel up on the back of the door before she changed into a long sleeve shirt and a pair of jeans. Dropping onto the bed Callie let out a sigh and put her hand over her eyes, she wanted to crawl back into bed and sleep until all this blew over. She knew she couldn't hide from this, so she got up and made her way down the stairs, stopping toward the bottom she sat down and leaned against the rail, chewing on her finger nail.

Kelly smiled as she rounded the corner and said, “Jamie's on his way home.” When Callie nodded, not looking up at her or making any motion to get up Kelly then said, “you two will figure this out. Together.”

When she was left alone, Kelly stating she had a night-shift, Jordie heading back to his place, she knew Jamie would be home within minutes and there was no hiding now. Callie kept her eyes on her socks when she heard keys outside the door, and didn't look up as the lock clicked. She looked up when Jamie walked in the house, dropping his bag by the door as he closed it. He slid his jacket off and hung it over the back of a kitchen chair, before he turned and caught her eyes.

Neither said a word, they only stared at each other, before Callie got up and did what neither of them expected. She stood on her toes, buried her face into his neck and wrapped her arms around him tight. It took him a second before he slowly wound his arms around her waist, and pulled her tight against him, resting his chin on her shoulder. They stood that way for a long time in the middle of the hallway, not moving, not letting go of each other.

Finally Callie said, “we need to talk about this.”

Jamie nodded into her, moving his face so he could press a gentle kiss to her neck, “I know. But not now, please.”

Callie nodded and finally they pulled apart and she dropped back flat on her feet, she kept her hands on his chest, smiling as he reached up and took her hands into his, linking their fingers together. She smiled up at him, “well I hope at the very least your night was as eventful as mine.”

Raising an eyebrow Jamie asked, “oh yeah?”

Callie nodded as he followed her up the stairs with a crooked smile on his face, she turned over her shoulder to smile back at him and said, “I'll tell you later.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Finally an update
I know... it's been forever
I'm sorry.
But here it is :)