Surving the Game

Chapter 3

My jaw line locked up and my nostrils flared and brain pounded. Rage was boiling in my veins as he stared me up and down with those damn yellow eyes. Oh, how I wanted to rip them out of his head. His blonde hair was different. He had a style more suited for his age,(which was about twenty) and his facial hair was nice and trimmed. He was still the same Justin though; Just more of a professional look. I balled my fist up as he stepped closer and closer. We were eye to eye when he said, "How old are you now? About thirteen or so?" I just simply mumbled, "You'd be correct." He nodded as if he was in a normal conversation. "Well, you've changed quite I bit. I knew you'd be a quick developer. Those eyes though... They ain't changed one bit. Greener then ever and staring right at me." I rolled my eyes and just thought to myself, how cliché. I swallowed my fear hoping it would hide deep in the pit of my stomach. "What are you here for, Justin? You wanna hit me? You want inside me? Because lucky for you, I know all about those things now. I sure as hell didn't when I was nine years old." His eyebrows lifted with surprise and nodded. "I've come for you because you were part of my job, and I let some feelings get in the way of that..." I looked at him with curiosity. "What job?"

"We were scanning areas for girls. Not just any lil' girls, but beautiful ones. You were one of them. When you came to the house that day I was suppose to grab you and put you in the van. You wore that dress though, and that hair..." He stared off in the distance loosing himself in a sick fantasy I could not relate to. He blinked hard as if snapping back into reality. "Once you were in the van, you and the others were to be taking to Mexico were you would be processed." I couldn't help but ask, "Processed?" He nodded and carried on, "drugged, dolled up, and sold." I almost lost my poker face and threw my hand over my mouth. "Why are you here, Justin?" He wouldn't look me in the eye but only his boots as he shuffled them in the dirt. "I'm here to be with you," he said in a stern yet soft whisper. I shook my head. "Are you nuts? I could never be with you." His expression went cold. So blank that it scared me. That's when I ran. A shr I i ll cracked the early night sky as his upper arms yanked on my waist. My balled up fist swung and struck him upside the head, but didn't do much damage. I aimed again for his nose where I made blood drip down to his lips. His hands gripped around my shirt collar, and once he pulled I hit the gravel. Gravity was my worst enemy at this point. My heel connected with the side of his temple. I knew I wouldn't have the upper hand for long. The moment I was free from his hands I got up to run into the woods where the trees and the darkening sky swallowed me whole. Caught in a whirl of suspense I kept running. He was right behind me though.

With my heart pounding, my head throbbing, my lungs burning, it's as if I could feel those callused fingers stretching out to grab the back of my neck. I continued to tell myself to not turn around, but my curiosity got the best of me. As my eyes slowly scanned over my shoulder, I felt a force crash into my stomach and knocking me onto my back. There he was on top of me again. Breathing heavily, I could smell the cigarettes on his breath. Once again his weight was holding me down, drowning my soul, sucking the innocence out of me. Rage ran through my veins, and I closed my eyes and screamed as I hit the sides of his head with balled fist. In the middle of my fit, I felt a cold metal object connect to my chin. "Now hush... Or I'll pull this trigger and blow that pretty face off. He had my attention. He pulled himself off me with the gun pointed at my chest. I picked myself up from the forest floor and looked at him blankly. "Follow me, princess." He yanked my shoulder moving me in front of him. He shoved me as a gesture to 'movie it'. I could barely see the outline of my skin by the time we got back onto the road. He motioned the gun to this black Grand Cherokee Jeep. As he opened the door my stomach clinched. With those yellow eyes staring at me, I climbed in the back where the seats had been taken out. He got in after me. I pressed myself all the way to the back, holding my breath. He put the 45 in his lap and pulled out a revolver. My eyebrows wrinkled in confusion. "Well, Michelle... We played a game the last time I saw you, so I figured we'd play a game this time." I swallowed hard and asked quietly, "What game?" His head tilted to the side as his fingers slid in a bullet. He spun it and closed it, leaving mystery to which chamber was meant for doom. He tossed the gun to me. "It's a game... Called Russian Roulette. You're up first. You can aim it at me and pull the trigger, but I have a fully loaded 45 that can finish you off. So you can make that mistake, play the game." Sweat beads rolled down my temple. "And if I play.... What's gonna happen after?" He smiled and whispered, "That's what this game will find out." The gun was heavy in my hand. I swallowed hard once more. I stared deeply into those yellow eyes with hatred as I put the barrel to my temple. A tear managed to fall from the corner of my eye. My whole body shook and trembled. I closed my eyes tight and pulled the trigger.
'Click' was my answered prayer, and a deep breath exhaled from my lungs. I tossed the gun with attitude to his crossed legs. He had the audacity to laugh. He pushed the barrel into his mouth with a smile. His teeth biting down on the metal. A crazy shrill escaped from his muffled mouth as another 'click' broke through the intensified air. The gun was tossed back to me. I pushed the barrel under my chin this time looking at him with wet eyes. "Could I have a kiss before I do this.... Just in case...," I said as I batted my eyelashes and bit down on my lip. The revolver still against my chin, he leaned over with a softer expression. I aimed the barrel at his chest as he wrapped his lips around mine. I pulled the trigger and the response was a 'click'. I shoved him off of me, and squirmed to the door. He had a holt on my ankle, and I kicked him in the face with my other foot. I slid out and fell on the gravel. He flung me back in the Jeep, and ripped my pants off as he held my wrist together with one hand. Once again he shoved himself inside me, draining my innocence once again. Thump, thump, thump, thump, bang. Thump, thump, thump, thump, bang. He penetrated with the same rhythm as his other hand was slamming my head into the floor of the Jeep. I was numb all over again.