‹ Prequel: Kidnapped

Kidnapped 2: Jack's Revenge

Chapter 1

Alex's POV

I ran through the house, desperately trying to find my family. They were all supposed to be in bed, but when I woke up they were all gone. Not a single trace of them was left behind.

"Samantha, Anthony, Tyson! Where are you guys? Bailey," I yelled feeling the fear building up in my chest.

None of them were in there rooms, none of them were in the bathroom and none of them were upstairs. I ran down the staircase, skipping steps to save time and stopped when I found them all blind-folded and tied to the couch. Duct tape was around their mouths and only now could I hear their muffled screams.

"It's been a long time, Alex."

My eyes widened as Jack emerged from the darkness with a gun in his hands. His head was completely shaved and even more muscular than I remembered. He was wearing a black muscle shirt that revealed the sleeve tattoos on each arm and the bullet scar when I shot him back in the day. A long scar ran down the scalp of his head till it hit his chin and his eyes were even colder than I remembered. His lips curved up into a grin and he let out a small chuckle.

"You look like you've seen a ghost, Alex."

"How did you get out?"

"You couldn't possibly think a little prison could keep me hostage. I know people, Alex. Important people who want to see the arena start again."

"I won't let you start the arena again, Jack. I'm going to end you once and for all." I balled my hands into fists.

"Ah…" He paced around to Bailey and the kids. "You see, Alex. There is one thing I've been dreaming about doing. I've been fantasizing this every day while I was in prison."

"What's that," I said through clenched teeth.

"This."

Before I could stop him, he raised the gun and pulled the trigger. Bailey dropped to the ground with blood pouring out of her head.

The kid's screams filled my ears and I shot up from my bed yelling out. My body was covered in a cold sweat and I was breathing like I just ran a marathon. My heart was pounding in my chest and my breaths were short and fast. I felt arms wrap around my waist then looked down and saw Bailey with a look of discomfort.

"Are you okay, Alex?"

I nodded and swung my legs over the bed. I ran my hands through my hair and tried to calm my breathing. It was only a dream. A reoccurring dream that felt so real and always ended the same way.

"I'm sorry, Bay," I mumbled.

"You have nothing to be sorry about, Hun. Was it the same dream?"

I looked at her and nodded.

She bit her bottom lip then pulled me back so that my head was in her lap. She brushed her fingers through my hair and almost my panic slowly started subsiding.

"He's in prison, Alex. He isn't ever coming out."

I looked up and nodded. "What keeps making these dreams come?"

She shrugged. "I don't know, Hun. I want to make them go away though."

I smiled at her. "At least you know I love reality much more than my dreams."

She laughed. "I would only hope." She turned her head away from me then sighed a moment later. "Well, it's seven thirty so we may as well get up right now. I probably wouldn't fall asleep for another thirty minutes anyway."

"It's Saturday, Babe. You can sleep." I lifted my head from her lap then got out of bed. "I'll make the kids breakfast and you can sleep."

"The boys have a game at ten. I'll just get up now." She stretched before getting out of bed.

"I'm going to get a quick shower in then. I'm all sweaty."

"Sounds good. I'll go get the coffee started and wake the kids."

"See you in a few," I gave her a quick kiss then disappeared into the bathroom.

Jack's POV (The same night)

"Hand over the pack of cigs before I put you where your friend is!" I yelled at in inmate who was much bigger than me.

He growled then threw the pack so it hit me in the chest and fell to the ground. My eyes stayed on his then I pointed at them. "Pick them up and give them to me like I am your best friend."

The whole cafeteria was silent throughout the whole argument. I hadn't met this guy once while being in here for twenty years, but he gave me one wrong look and I didn't tolerate that one bit. My dad and I had a huge reputation when we entered this prison.

An unfortunate soul decided that he would kill my father and he got was coming to him. It was rumored that I only tore out his throat with my bare hands, but I did so much more. I made him beg for his life after castrating him and cutting out his tongue.

Reputation was a big part of being in this prison and even though most of the guys were bigger than me, no one messed with me. They would all hit the hills before dealing with me. Because of this reputation I let myself go. I stopped working out and lost interest in socializing with others unless they had something I wanted. I was looking more like my father every day.

"You have two hands. You can pick it up yourself," He muttered.

I raised an eyebrow and smiled, "Last chance before I make you regret this."

He froze for a second then groaned and picked up the pack. I reached out my hand and he gently placed it down. My hand wrapped around the pack and I stuffed it in my pocket. Without another word I turned around and disappeared into the crowd. All their eyes were staring at me, but I didn't care.

I had one goal left in my life. An image of Alex's face was in my head. One that would forever be seared into my brain. I had been working with other criminals on an escape plan. One that was flawless and would be put into the works sometime tonight.

I returned to my cell and waited till it was dark out. That's when we would set the plan in motion.

Alex's POV

Anthony kicked the ball over to Tyson, and then ran up with him as they got closer to the goal. Tyson kicked the ball at the goal and it bounced off the top poll then hit Anthony's forehead. The ball went past the goalie, into the net.

Sam cheered for her older brothers and Bailey and I smiled. They had scored another point and we couldn't be more proud. Anthony and Tyson were both 16 now. They were the soccer stars of their high school team. As juniors they had grown up and matured well over the years. I guess it showed that we raised them well after all.

Sam was now a freshman and grown to be a very beautiful girl. Her eyes were as blue as the ocean and her attitude made everyone love her. She hoped to be just like her older brothers and to be better at times. Her competitive outlook on everything made life seem less dull because there was always a challenge she would set with anyone. For example, she would actually set out to see how many licks it took to get to the center of a tootsie roll and race to do it.

Bailey and I were now in our 30's and doing well with our family. We had moved into the city after we felt like we were finally safe, so that the kids could grow up around friends and not have to live sheltered lives. Much to my dismay, it was Bailey who wanted to forget our past and make a new future. Which wasn't too hard since every day was getting better and the memory of Jack and the game became less visible in our minds.

Luckily, Jack was still in prison and his dad had died a couple years later in a misfortunate stabbing incident that had taken his life. It had been all over the news paper about the games they had created and how many people had ended up dying over the many years it had been on. Since he died, it was breaking news over everything. By then, Bailey had been right about being able to come out of hiding since we had changed our identities and gotten a new life. Or so we thought she was right.

Bailey and I held hands as we walked over to Tyson and Anthony. Sam was already running to her two brothers and tackling them in a hug by the time we had reached them.

"Good job you guys," I told them.

"Yeah, you guys have improved so much," Bailey added.

"Thank-you, guys." Anthony said. His face was a bright red color and his hair was soaked in sweat. The blue uniform he wore stuck to his chest and back with a dark blue spot.

"Yeah, thanks," Tyson said with a smile. He looked exactly like his brother except he had grass stains all over his elbows and the back of his shirt from tripping so often in the game.

"I remember when you were so small…" Bailey mumbled.

"Here we go again…" I muttered.

"Alex," she yelled as she punched my arm.

"Ouch! What? You always cry when you think back that far!"

"I do not!"

"Yeah, Mom…You do," Tyson said, defending me.

I smiled when I saw her give him a death glare. One that said "Don't defend you father!" Tyson cringed and looked away.

Anthony and Sam were both laughing at the whole scene. They knew better then to defend me because Bailey would get mad and make them eat extra Veggies or make them do extra chores. They weren't excruciating punishments, but they were annoying to deal with since none of them liked broccoli and wanted to avoid as many chores as possible.

"Alright, let's get going home." I butted in. "Maybe we can go swimming in the lake if we hurry."

With that said everyone, including Bailey, sprinted to the car and left me in the dust. Going to the lake had always been our number one family spot since everyone loved it and it was so peaceful. I shouted"Hey" then ran after them.

After we had gotten home, everyone ran inside and started getting everything they needed. Which was only a swimsuit and towel, but we all wanted it to be quick so that we could get there before anyone else.

I walked into my bedroom after packing up food and drinks into the coolers. Bailey was standing in the bathroom trying to tie the back of her bikini top. I laughed at how cute she was when she couldn't tie her own swimsuit on.

"How about instead of laughing at me, you help?" she asked in an irritated tone.

"What fun would that be?" I asked before walking over to her and tying it in a bow.

She turned toward me then wrapped her arms around me and looked up at me with a smile. "It could be a lot of fun. You should know that." Her voice was soothing.

I smiled back then kissed her on the forehead and turned around. "Hurry up before the kids get angry at you for taking so long."

"Alex, you haven't even changed into your swimsuit yet."

I grinned, "Is that a challenge, Bailey? Because I can probably change into my swimsuit and still beat you out into the car with at least a minute to spare."

"You're on."

With that set, we both took off and because getting everything ready. I changed faster than I ever had and panicked when I saw her already running out to the car while I was still upstairs in the bedroom. Before I even started thinking, I was opening the window and running across the roof.

Luckily the drop wasn't so high that I'd break anything so I jumped and landed with a roll. When I had gotten my senses back, I stood up and broke out in a full sprint toward the car. Bailey had just made it down the door steps to see me blaze passed her in laughter.

Just as I was about to win, my foot caught on a sprinkler head and I face planted into the yard, two feet away from the car. I glanced up to see Bailey standing by it with a smile on her face. The kids were looking at us wide eyed and then started laughing. I couldn't help but join in and laugh at my clumsiness.

After our race, we had gotten into the car and drove off to the lake. It was only an hour away, but with everyone being so exciting it seemed much longer. By the time we got there, everyone hoped out of the car before I had even put it into a complete stop. The kids booked it into the lake and started swimming in the water.

I smiled at them and then walked to the back of the car to grab the coolers. Bailey came back and helped me set up camp. Once everything was set, I jumped out into the water, while Bailey let her feet hang off the edge of the dock.

No one else was at the lake except for us, so it was really nice. All you could hear were the kids splashing each other and all you could see were the pine trees that surrounded the lake.

I swam over to Bailey and set my arms on the out sides of her. She looked down at me and gave a questioning look. I smirked then leaned up and kissed her. She kissed back and wrapped her arms around my neck. I smirked into the kiss then pulled her into the lake.

Once she hit the water, she yelped and tried to get away. "Alex!"

I held onto her and started laughing. After a couple minutes of struggling to get away, she gave up and lay back in my arms. I smiled once I felt that she wasn't tense anymore then let her go. She turned toward me and wrapped her arms around my neck again. She smiled at me then leaned toward me to kiss me, but before we could, a splash of water came in and hit us in the face.

Bailey and I both turned towards the splash and looked for the culprit of the situation. Sam was swimming away from us with a grin on her face.

"No kissing allowed!" she shouted as she got further away.

"Should I go get her?" I asked as I turned toward Bailey.

"Mm…sick the boys on her instead." She said with a grin.

I nodded then smiled. "Want to go on a walk through the forest."

She shrugged, "Why not?"

We both got out of the lake then dried ourselves off. I held her hand and then we turned toward the forest and started walking.

"Hey wait!" I heard Sam call.

We turned around and saw Sam, Anthony and Tyson running toward us at full sprints. I laughed when I saw Sam falling behind and the agitated face she was making.

"Can we come?" Tyson asked when he go to us.

"If you want." I replied.

"We do." Anthony answered quickly with a grin.

"Let's go then." Bailey said with a smile and tugged on my hand.

I nodded then we all walked along a trail into the forest. I looked around at all of the trees surrounding us and all the birds flying from branch to branch. I listened to the crickets chirping and the frogs croaking as sudden memories flooded my head.

When Anthony was shot...how I left him when he died. When I got shot in the arm and Bailey and my first kiss. The gun shot had left a good scar that I say I got from the army.

We never told anyone what happened. Not even our kids. We said that we met at the beach where Bailey ran away for a couple months to get away. Her family believed us surprisingly enough. Probably because their daughter was getting married, who knows?

"Samantha! Stay close!" I heard Bailey shout, breaking me out of my thoughts.

I looked up and saw Sam running up ahead of us. Tyson and Anthony were chasing her and they were all laughing.

"They are alright, Bay." I said with a smile.

"Last time you said that, you got shot, Alex. Remember?"

"How could I forget…?" I mumbled.

"Hey…I'm sorry." She said as she kissed my hand. I kept my head down and stayed quiet.

"Hun," she said then cupped my cheeks. "You saved me and we are both alive. So, everything was ok."

I nodded and set my hand over hers. "I love you."

She smiled and kissed my forehead. "I love you too."

All of the sudden, we heard Sam scream. Bailey's eyes widened and I took off toward the scream with her close behind. When I got to her, I widened my eyes and almost dropped to my knees because of the fear that ran through me.

Sam's mouth was covered and her eyes were full of fear. A man in black stood behind her with one hand over her mouth and the other wrapped around her waist so that she couldn't move. Tyson and Anthony were in the almost the same situation but instead of a hand, they had a gun to their heads.

Bailey stood next to me with her eyes wide and her legs shaking. I clenched a fist and took a step forward. Everyone twitched which caused me to hold my ground. I didn't want to make anything happen or set off any triggers to these men.

"What do you want?" I asked.

The one holding Sam spoke. "Revenge."
♠ ♠ ♠
Thank's so much for reading! I hope you all had a Merry Christmas :))