‹ Prequel: Kidnapped

Kidnapped 2: Jack's Revenge

Chapter 2

I widened my eyes when I heard the voice. It was the same voice I had in my nightmares. The voice that made me run off with Bailey so many years ago. I could hear Bailey catch her breath. She recognized the voice also. It was Jack.

"How the hell did you get out, Jack," I asked.

"Long story, Alex. So I see that you and Bailey got busy. How many years has it been? 16? 17," Jack asked and I could tell he was saying it with a smirk.

"Jack, let my family go, now."

"I don't think I will, Alex. You see, I am opening up the arena again and I need some knew contestants. Your kids will be in the first selection."

"Like hell they will be, Jack. Let them go now! I won't ask you again," I demanded.

"Really, Alex? Do you really think you are in the predicament to be giving demands?" Jack asked with a smirk as he pointed a gun at Sam's head.

I clenched my teeth and shook my head. He handed Sam over to another man dressed in black then slowly walked over to me. I held my ground and stared at his eyes since they were the only thing visible and not covered in a black cloth.

"You know I had to hold Anthony so he wouldn't die alone," he asked as he walked around me. "His blood all over my hands and his eyes barely with life? Do you know what that is like? To sit and watch your best friend die?"

I kept quiet and watched him closely as he walked toward Bailey. He raised the gun to her head and shouted, "Maybe I should let you experience it yourself!"

I jumped forward and reached out for Bailey, but he smiled then pointed the gun at me. I froze in my tracks and looked over at Sam. She didn't need to see this. My little girl didn't need to be a part of Jack and she didn't need to see her mom die.

"No, Alex. I won't take everyone from you. After all, you still have me."

"You were lost long ago, Jack. You're just a monster now."

"Jack, let my kids go, please," Bailey begged.

"Did I ask you to talk, Bitch? You are the reason Alex is the way he is!"

"Mom, what is he talking about," Anthony spoke up.

The gun averted to Anthony and I jolted forward. "Anthony, don't speak, please."

"Anthony? His name is Anthony?" Jack then turned his head toward Tyson. "They both look alike. Twins? Is his name Jack because that would fit perfectly."

"My name is Tyson! Pull that gun away from my brother, Asshole." Tyson tried pulling away from man holding him to no avail.

Jack chuckled then scratched his head with the gun. "I'm the asshole? Do you know anything about your father? Or mother to say the least? Have you heard of the things your father has done?"

Tyson's eyes met mine, giving me a questioning look. I frowned then looked away from him. I didn't want any of them hearing about what I did when I was younger. I wanted my past to stay in the past and Jack was going to make sure that didn't happen.

"You want me, Jack. Take me and leave them alone."

He laughed again. "Alex, I want you to take over the arena with me. I want you to watch the ones you love die so we can start all of this over again."

"Dad, I'm scared," Sam whispered.

"It'll be okay, Sweetheart," I tried comforting her.

"You don't seriously think that do you, Alex?"

"Jack, you can have me okay? Leave my family and we can move on."

Jack laughed, "That would be too easy, Alex. No, I want you to suffer. So, before we leave I am going to make sure you feel the amount of pain I felt." He turned the gun so it was pointing at Bailey's head.

Just before he fired, I got in between the gun and Bailey then felt a sharp pain in my stomach. I fell to the ground then looked down. My navy shirt had a dark spot on it and it was obvious what it was. Was it time for me to die? Had I finally gotten what I deserved? Would my family be saved? The last thing I heard was "Grab the girl and run" before I passed out.

Jack's POV

I had been waiting seventeen years for this opportunity. The excitement building in my chest as each minute passed was too much for me to hold while sitting so I paced around my cell. It was a small room with a bunk bed just large enough for my feet to hang off the edge. At the end of the room there was a sink and a toilet against the back wall.

My roommate was lying on the bottom bunk, staring at me as I paced. He was a wimp when compared to most of the prisoners. His body was scrawny and any muscle he had was natural. I made a deal with him when he first came in. If he did what I asked then I would protect him.

Since he had minor charges running against him, the security's eyes wouldn't follow him as closely as they did with me. I couldn't even get away with stealing extra food from the cafeteria because they were so close to me. That also gave me a good protective veil against other inmates. Everyone knew that I was one of the most closely watched felons in the prison, so it was best to avoid me at all costs.

"Boss, I've never seen you so riled up. What's going on," my roommate said with his extremely southern accent.

I sighed in irritation, "Wouldn't you love to know."

"Actually I would…" He mumbled.

"In all honesty I would have to kill you if I told you. So it really is in your best interest to shut the fuck up and leave me alone."

"How can I leave you alone when you are pacing around so much?"

I glared at him and he gulped. "Find a way."

"Boss, can I ask you something?"

I froze and stared at him. Maybe talking would make the time go by faster. "Shoot."

"Look…Where I'm from you were one of the worst criminals in the city, but to me you were a god. What was it like kidnapping all those people and watching them die?"

"I'm well aware of how high my father and I were. It was fun and addicting. After so many kidnappings it eventually becomes a competition. There was another man in my group who was a part of it. He found one of the girls and she manipulated him into loving her. That's when he sold us out and I ended up here."

"I can't believe he had the balls to turn you in," He said in awe.

"Yeah well as soon as I get out of here I am going to make him wish he hadn't."

"You know where he is?"

"Of course I do. I have people watching his every move. He has three children now and he's still with that sly bitch."

"What do you plan on doing?"

"I'm going to open the arena again."

His eyes widened and then he grinned. "Do you need some more people to help?"

"How old are you again?"

"Nineteen."

"You sure that's a road you want to take? Once you're down it there is no coming back. I don't deal with betrayal very well."

"I'm positive. That would be so much fun!"

I shook my head, "Well if it's what you want. What is your name again?"

"My name is Zeke."

"Right. Okay, well you may want to pack your things then."

"What are you talking about?" This sparked an interest and he stood to his feet.

"Just trust me on this one," I looked outside and saw that it was now dark. It was almost time.

"Okay, Boss."

Thirty minutes later a man dressed in a cop uniform walked up to our jail cell and held a gun through the bars. I gripped it then stuff it into my pocket. I glanced back at Zeke and saw him staring at me with wide eyes. It was written all over his face that he didn't believe any of this at all.

"How…?"

"Just trust me. Open the door for us, Alan."

"Yes, Sir," He whispered and pulled a set of keys from his pocket.

"I'm assuming everything is working perfectly?"

"Yes, Sir. The cameras have all been stopped and the guards are temporarily out. We have ten minutes to get you out and into the car."

"Good job. What about Alex?"

"We have found his destination and the car will take you straight to him, assuming that is what you want."

"Yes it is."

I stepped out of the cell with Zeke close behind and we started walking out. It was a simple escape plan, but it took lots of time. Alan had to go to school and certify to become a cop then work his way to become a jail guard. Once that was accomplished he would give me insight on how the opening of the arena was going and how much longer it would take.

I could've escaped much sooner, but there was no point when the arena wasn't even built. My dad always spoke of an old arena that was underground. It wasn't up-to-date like the other ones, but it was the only one still functional considering the others were destroyed.

I hired a group of men through Alan's judgment and they spent the years rebuilding it. I was excited to see the upgrades, but I was even more excited for what I had in store for Alex. He and his family were going to be in so much trouble. Alex would regret betraying me.

We passed the sleeping guards knocked out on the floor and walked through the entrance. A black mustang was parked out in the front. I hadn't seen cars in many years, but this one was absolutely amazing. I was willing to bet that the speed on it was a lot faster than my old one.

Alan led us over to the car and opened the back door. I crawled in and with Zeke following behind me. I sat down and glanced up to see Alan getting into the passenger door. Another man I didn't recognize was driving the car. He punched the gas and we sped off.

"Sir, there are some clothes in the back for you and your friend," Alan spoke up.

"Get us of here and then we can stop and change. For now I'm going to get some sleep. Wake me up when you find Alex."

"Yes, Sir."

"Zeke, I suggest you get some sleep too."

"Okay, Boss."

I yawned then rested my head against the window and closed my eyes. I thought that with all this excitement I wouldn't be able to sleep, but I was out in seconds.

"Sir. Sir, we are here." I felt someone shaking my shoulder.

I opened my eyes and squinted when the sunlight peered in. I let out a loud yawn and stretched out my arms and legs. When my eyes adjusted to the light I glanced out the window to see that we were at a soccer field. Two teams were playing against each other on the field. A blue and a white team were butting heads.

"What are we doing here?"

"He is here, Sir. His two sons are playing soccer right now," Alan spoke up.

I nodded and looked at all the people in the crowd. I ran my eyes up and down the field and still didn't recognize anyone that fit Alex's old description. I was about to ask where he was until I saw a man with shaggy black hair that ran down to his eyes. He was wearing khaki shorts with a navy blue t-shirt and black shoes. He had his arm around a woman who was all too familiar.

"We will wait till they aren't in public anymore," I said.

"Sounds good, Sir."

We waited for the game to be over then saw them all run to the car. We tailed them to a large light blue house that was at least two stories tall. The framing around the windows and door was white, matching the white fence they had around their house.

"Should we wait a little while or go now," Alan asked.

"Let's wait till later. I want to have a little fun."

We waited for a few more minutes and the family started rushing out to the car. Alex was running across the roof with the same navy t-shirt, but a pair of red swim trunks. They were going to go for a swim. Alex jumped off the roof and landed on the ground before running right past Bailey. It looked like they were both racing to the car.

Alex tripped and fell to the ground then everyone started laughing. It made me sick to my stomach to see him so happy. I had spent seventeen years of misery while he got to be happy with his family.

"Follow them to their next destination," I growled.

It was easy following them when Alex didn't expect anything. He had definitely lost his touch.

"They seem really happy," Zeke muttered.

"They won't be for long. Alan, when they park we need to park further away and change into our black clothes."

"Yes, Sir."

They parked at a local lake that didn't have many people around. It was the perfect opportunity for us to ruin their fun. As soon as we parked far enough that they wouldn't notice, we got out of the car and changed into our black clothes. Everyone was obligated to hide every part of their body except their eyes. That made it easier for me to tell who I was talking to without having to hear their voice.

"Boss, they just went on a walk into the forest." Zeke ran back to us from spying on them.

I grinned, "Now we make our move."
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks so much for reading guys! Happy New Year! :DDD